Author Topic: Questionnaire Ideas?  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Komoe

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
Questionnaire Ideas?
« on: December 07, 2016, 05:09:00 pm »

Hello, my awesome floofs! <3

I'm the type of person who really enjoys the process of answering questionnaires about myself. Its just fun and enjoyable! I've been thinking about creating this thread for a while now, actually. There are many things that I would love to get to know about the FH community members. Appreciating how diverse we all are. I'm sure there are many others here that feel the same!

So I have this idea to build a really awesome questionnaire by getting the community involved! I want to know what kinds of questions would everyone like to see asked? What kinds of things would you like to know about one another? I'm hoping to gather lots of ideas from as many people from the community as I can!

For example, I would like to know about the kinds of pets people have! What kind of animals, breeds, what are their names...Maybe people's favourite movie and why.

Please keep in mind that I will not include any inappropriate suggestions, or personal questions (phone numbers, addresses, etc.)

Do you guys think this is a good idea? Also, where do you think I should post the community questionnaire once it's all put together? I was thinking maybe in Forum Games!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 06:39:28 pm by Argwen »

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Build an Awesome Questionnaire Together!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 05:22:30 pm »
Well, I do like this idea... but, putting it in forum games? There is a similar topic Random Info About You. Maybe that's not the best place to put it, eh?

Though, I like your idea. Maybe elaborate a little.
What I can give to you advice wise would be; to make a poll on the forums, or even make a little form (it's free, don't worry, you don't have to pay unless you want to) using https://www.wufoo.com/ . You can simply register and make your own little questionnaire, collect data, and whatnot. Lots of options for questions and text fields if you want a reply. I have used Wufoo myself for a little application demo and it worked great!
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 05:31:58 pm »
This is a very interesting idea. :3  In my opinion I would like to know about  people's favorite hobbies, favorite holidays, or favorite animal and like you said it would be great to know people's names.

Offline Komoe

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 05:45:10 pm »
Well, I do like this idea... but, putting it in forum games? There is a similar topic Random Info About You. Maybe that's not the best place to put it, eh?

Though, I like your idea. Maybe elaborate a little.
What I can give to you advice wise would be; to make a poll on the forums, or even make a little form (it's free, don't worry, you don't have to pay unless you want to) using https://www.wufoo.com/ . You can simply register and make your own little questionnaire, collect data, and whatnot. Lots of options for questions and text fields if you want a reply. I have used Wufoo myself for a little application demo and it worked great!

Thank you for your response!

I'm currently checking out this Wufoo site that you sent me. It's a bit confusing, but maybe I can figure it out and put it into play. Great idea!

So the difference between the questionnaire and the Random Info About You thread is there will be more defined questions! The Random Info thread is interesting and cool, but there's little to no guidance as to what kinds of things you're sharing. For example, you can just say something like, "I have recurring toe fungus!" :P That is indeed random!

I'm thinking of doing numbered questions. A form-like format! Like this:

1) What's your favourite colour? - (insert reply here)
2) What is your favourite music genera? - (reply)
3) Describe your pets:
Type of pet -
Breed -
Name -
Personality -
4) What are your hobbies? -

Etc! :) And I'm thinking of making it a pretty decent sized list of questions. Maybe 30 questions? But I want to get everyone involved in making this fun little questionnaire! I hope this helped make things a little clearer!

If you don't think Forum Games is the right place for it, where would you decide to put it? Perhaps here in Discussion?

This is a very interesting idea. :3  In my opinion I would like to know about  people's favorite hobbies, favorite holidays, or favorite animal and like you said it would be great to know people's names.

I love these ideas! Thank you for contributing :D <3
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 05:46:44 pm by Argwen »

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 06:20:30 pm »
Yes, the Discussion board would be the best bet.

Er, well I suppose it is rather difficult if you don't understand basic HTML. My bad.~

It can be do-able within a poll or the simplistic number/Q&A list. Either, way I will await the finished product!
Keep contributin' everybody!
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Komoe

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Questionnaire Ideas?
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 06:41:06 pm »
I'm hoping to see a few more ideas in here :)

Kastilla, do you have any ideas? Things that you might like to learn about the community members?