Author Topic: Ideas, Ideas.  (Read 3358 times)

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Ideas, Ideas.
« on: January 05, 2015, 09:29:10 pm »
Here are a list of my ideas for the forum.

- New Banners: This has already been discussed but it would be nice to have new
banner images.

- Colours for member groups: Different coloured stars for all member groups. But this may become
confusing.

- More contests/Board for this(not sure if this exist): Trailer contest where members can create a trailer for
FeralHeart, or a a plain video contest where members can submit their own creative videos.

- Member of the Month: Each month one member will be picked to become Member of the Month. This seems
like it's been here before though...

- Old Thread Board: Here you can put old threads in categories that are over a year or so old and haven't been
active.

- A new Manual: There's nothing wrong with the current one but a new one could be nice. And have more
tutorials in it along with tips and tricks.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas, Ideas.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 09:42:15 pm »
so much agree with a new manual

The old manual was very confusing for me when I joined, since the buttons were all different. Also, I noticed that a few of the pages have 'u' instead of 'you' and it kinda turns me away from it. e.e

I'm not sure about Member of the Month. There is already MOTS, so that would be a bit useless, for lack of a better word. Or, if there were to be a MOTM, then you could get rid of MOTS. Maybe there could be something like the same person can't win more than once within like 5 months?

I agree with the rest of the ideas c: By member groups, do you mean Newbie, Dedicated Member, etc.?

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 10:08:05 pm »
Yes those are the member groups.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 10:25:29 pm »
-New Banners : Yes I agree to this. I would love to see new banners myself. Banner contests have been brought up again recently but we have yet to see if we'll be bringing it back any time soon yet. At the moment we are a little limited with staffy so we're trying to focus on what we can handle event/contest wise with out going over the edge but still keeping everyone happy. Know that we do hear and consider all the requests.

-Colors for Member Groups: Probably a no. As fun as it sounds indeed it may cause things to get a bit too colorful and crazy. The increase in stars is more than enough to show the subtle differences between the member groups as rank increases. The reason we changed the staff colors was to keep them close enough to the current gold/black theme but also to help them stand out and be distinguishable to users who seek out the staff. MOTs is the only exception to the colors since it's supposed to stand out and be a special award for those who get it.

-More Contests/Board: To keep the forum/site optimized we try to keep the number of boards to a minimal and only create new boards when they are totally necessary. If a new contest does come along we usually open a temporary board and delete it soon after once the event/contest is over. As for new contests in general, it is always something we are looking into and discussing. We've even discussed bringing back some old contest themes... however again this is down to the amount of staff we have and free time within our FH calendars. These events and contests take a great deal of organizing and discussion to get them to work perfectly. You mentioned a Video contests, we actually had those not to long ago as well as art contests, favorite character contests, etc. I will not guarantee anything but there is always a chance for these to return or for new things to come around. We enjoy new contests and events as much as you all do too so stay tuned <3

-Member of the Month: Indeed we did have the Member of the Month system not too long ago but it become a bit of a strain having to open nomination and voting threads every month. The users also do not get to keep their title long enough to really enjoy it so we settled on the idea of Member of the Season better that way we don't have to create the threads so frequently, winners can enjoy their titles longer, less chance of the same users being picked over and over again each month, more chance to really get to know the people around the community and nominate them for overall efforts and activity around the community, etc. Member of the Season also makes the idea of getting the title more special since it isn't a thing you can possibly win every month.

-Old thread board: Again we wouldn't want to open an entire board unless it seemed necessary. An old thread board insinuates that all old threads would go there no matter what the topic. That can get very messy and it would make it less enjoyable searching through such a mixed up board. The old thread board would also need to be managed quite frequently and we'd have to move each thread that is considered old into it. That would be quite a project and too much time invested into old topics that we could spend setting up a new contest/event or managing the general site and game etc. We'd also need to set a basis of how long a thread can be up until it is considered old (Months, year, etc). If there was an old thread board users would still bump threads up and it wouldn't be any different from them being where they are now. Some old threads are also allowable to be bumped so long as the conversation is still relevant and not just spam (This is the case with discussion boards). For record sake it's best we keep the thread of a particular section in their section regardless of how old they get. Many users still refer to the old threads and it makes them easier to access if their still in their corresponding board and not all mashed into one general old thread board. There's a lot that can be said about this but I think you can understand why it's probably not something we'd want to consider here.

-New Manual: We've actually been aware of this one and we do indeed have plans on fixing up the old manual... soon enough.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback Zircon. We're happy to know you guys care and want to help out in making FH a better more fun place. We really do appreciate it so know that all your suggestions do not go unheard <3
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:31:30 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 10:52:10 pm »
New Banners: This idea has been brought up a few times in the input box, and many approve of this, it brings it the creativity in people. There was once an Art contest held on the forum for members of FH to join, it was rather successful, with many entries made. I'm sure if there was a banner contest, it would result to a success of some sort. But as Sura said, with the preset contests, FH party events and other important things, I don't think this type of event is ready to be held yet. Though, it's good to see another person encouraging it~

Colours for member groups: I will leave this one, it has already been explained the way it is needed. Though I'm sure people appreciate your attempt on making the forum more bright and colourful. Maybe the one day banner contest will take it's toll and give that more appealing effect to the boards.

More contests/Board for this(not sure if this exist): As good as that sounds, Sura has explained it more than enough, but just to add to it, there is an events board where you could host your own contest/event. It's what it is there for at least c: Adding more and more boards and sub boards would make things more full and complicated for new members who might arrive at FH. Also got to think about making use of other boards too~

As you can see, I have left the last ones out as some of it is mostly to do with staff stuff, though Sura has explained it really well and carefully.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:54:56 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone