Author Topic: Forum Log-In Problems  (Read 1572 times)

Offline CloudFeesh

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
Forum Log-In Problems
« on: February 16, 2012, 03:14:39 pm »
I have two accounts, one of which I use for my actual roleplaying, and that I've had since I joined. The other is when I like to hide from the people on my friend's list. (As harsh as that seems.)

Recently, I was PM'ing a lot on one of these accounts, and so I wanted to change which mail it was being sent to. So I went and edited my profile to do so, and it said I needed to wait for verification. So I was all "Oh, alright. Shouldn't take too long." So instead I went to sign on to the other account and, well, it wouldn't let me. It kept saying my password was wrong, when I KNOW it wasn't. I tried multiple times, my password is always the same. So I went ahead and did the "Forgot password" option. However, the token sent to me, wouldn't work. So I'm at a loss at what I need to do about it to access these accounts.

Of course, the game hasn't been affected, but it's the forum accounts that are not accessible to me.
Any help offered is appreciated.

Offline EvilSock

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Log-In Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 05:18:55 pm »
'The other is when I like to hide from the people on my friend's list. (As harsh as that seems.)' .. Lol. I feel loved.

You should really only have one account, multiple ones often lead to issues like these and I've heard a rumour (I love rumours) That moderators freeze multiple accounts with the same IP. Probably well beyond untrue, so don't take this into account. Try doing the 'forgot password' option again, and if all else fails I suggest you PM Red if you haven't already so he can send you a temporary new password and such for your other acc if said 'rumour' is untrue.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 05:22:23 pm by EvilSock »

Offline CloudFeesh

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 05:58:04 pm »
You should be. You're one of four people added to it.

I've seen countless people with multiple accounts, so it's never been clear to me if this really was an issue. I understand that moderaters would be upset if someone was trying to avoid a ban by using multiple accounts but for the intent of me wanting to enjoy the game without the ties of my other account is my concern.

I haven't private messaged an admin yet because I figure it may tAke a few days. But if I can't resolve it on my own or on this help thread I will.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 06:16:16 pm »
  You don't get banned for having multiple accounts, although it is advised against. Even I have a different account, well, 2, because one was my first but I was unable to get on it at all so I had to create this one >.> Unfortuantly, I don't have any idea what is going on here, but I do think Red would be able to help you out. And it doesn't always take a few days, Red is good to PM, he should get back to you pretty quickly. So PMing him is a good idea XD Although, he might just post here and eliminate the need to PM him XDD

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 07:08:24 pm »
PM Red, he should be online later today.

Did you get an email when you changed your email address? You'll need to activate your account through that email address.