Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 165032 times)

SoulRevenge

Re: RIP General
« Reply #250 on: June 23, 2013, 10:12:40 pm »
I wasn't being rude, I am stating the truth. Phantom's group, The Ninety Nine percent, is a group for protesting the removal of General. People see them and join them because they want General back. It is, however, nearly impossible for actual roleplaying groups to find members. I made a pack two days ago and so far I have ONE member. JUST ONE.

No, you were kind of being rude. Perhaps Phantom`s group does have protestors, however simply because that might be so gives you barely a right to announce it to the world. What I also find. . . Oh, I dunno, "ironic" is that you are also one of these "protesters".

You can throw stones when you're perfect, Mello.

Offline Satsuki

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 23, 2013, 11:41:23 pm »
To be honest I don't mind. (Couldn't care less really.)

At least it's in private maps guys! You can still RP! And it will encourage Map RPs and maybe a little less den claiming and hoards of lion king prides at the fluorite bridge!

But all the bashers are getting to me, I actually like this update. But it makes it more difficult to interact with people via General. And I kinda miss the spam, there were some funny topics in fluorite at times.

And as for what Nemena said (Wont let me quote), it's really not that hard to advertise groups and RP's, really, it isn't! Make RP advertisements with movies! It floods the chat less as you can choose to view the video if you are searching for an RP.

But what about those who cannot download maps? You have to put in some kind of consideration for them. I can download maps with no ease, but for some of us we just simply cannot download them.

Others have also pointed out in this thread that some cannot view videos because they get an error,  constant spamming, or they click the wrong video that is not even related to a role play at all. Every time I get on Movie is flooding my chat box to the point that I have to cut it off. I also have two four times click or three times click and sometimes scroll back up to the video I wish to view... sometimes that video you want to view can be a RP or just random none sense. 

Altogether it is really annoying with the movies... But we have no other choice but to deal with it until this mess is squared away.

"This awesome drawing of Valarie is by the great and awesome LordSuragaha~"

Offline aislingiscool

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 24, 2013, 12:06:07 am »
Why not make another chat group that can be seen from all corners of the map as well but only for general talking. Have a general for advertising and a different 'general' (may want to name it differently) for talking so you could turn ether or off?

Offline CloudFeesh

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 24, 2013, 12:15:02 am »
Why not make another chat group that can be seen from all corners of the map as well but only for general talking. Have a general for advertising and a different 'general' (may want to name it differently) for talking so you could turn ether or off?

theres no source code for the staff to get their hands on to do that

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2013, 12:25:32 am »
I joined a role play today due to watching movies, proof it works. I know for a fact people looking for groups to join normally hang around stone bridge and NZ too. I don't see how general being gone can effect advertising so much other then now we don't have to have bickering in general flooding away the ads and if we don't want to see ads we don't have to.

Maybe someone should make a "I'm looking for a group centre" lolololol.

Offline Karakuri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • ...with Only My Railgun...
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 24, 2013, 12:49:12 am »
I wasn't being rude, I am stating the truth. Phantom's group, The Ninety Nine percent, is a group for protesting the removal of General. People see them and join them because they want General back. It is, however, nearly impossible for actual roleplaying groups to find members. I made a pack two days ago and so far I have ONE member. JUST ONE.

No, you were kind of being rude. Perhaps Phantom`s group does have protestors, however simply because that might be so gives you barely a right to announce it to the world. What I also find. . . Oh, I dunno, "ironic" is that you are also one of these "protesters".

You can throw stones when you're perfect, Mello.

Mello, I would like to point out the the Ninety Nine percent are peaceful protesters. We've had one spat with a mod, which we didn't mean to escalate that far. While we are against the removal of General chat, we try to recruit people mature enough not to go mod bashing or something. Meanwhile, most of the people in the "General Riots" are just squabbling with the mods, and whining like little children.
Anonimousity. It's like we're faceless...but with faces. Do I even logic?

Offline _-Phantomwolf-_

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Find me in-game on Ilithyia Rhea
    • View Profile
    • Red Ra}V{age
« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2013, 12:52:51 am »
Phantom... Do you know WHY you have members? The only reason you have been able to get members is because your group is an I WANT GENERAL BACK group, which people are sure to join if they see it. It is much harder for actual ROLEPLAYS.
Well, yes, anon is a group of people who would like general back, however, mammon is not. That's a pack that's been around forever. If you'd like, I will just use mammon as my key point instead. ^^

Offline Karakuri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • ...with Only My Railgun...
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 24, 2013, 12:59:12 am »
Phantom... Do you know WHY you have members? The only reason you have been able to get members is because your group is an I WANT GENERAL BACK group, which people are sure to join if they see it. It is much harder for actual ROLEPLAYS.

Actually, our regular rp pack is doing quite well with members. We're almost getting more new friends now than we did with General. Anyway, 99 isn't just an "I want General back" group. 99 is a group trying to help the welfare of any problem in FH, as well as the fact that we're literally a group of friends, with a large amount of us knowing one another outside of FH. Please take your angry caps elsewhere, Mello.
Anonimousity. It's like we're faceless...but with faces. Do I even logic?

Offline Wolfish Grin

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • ..and then I was like 'lol whoops, my bad...' |D
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 24, 2013, 01:03:34 am »
I joined a role play today due to watching movies, proof it works. I know for a fact people looking for groups to join normally hang around stone bridge and NZ too. I don't see how general being gone can effect advertising so much other then now we don't have to have bickering in general flooding away the ads and if we don't want to see ads we don't have to.

Maybe someone should make a "I'm looking for a group centre" lolololol.

Nathan, some people can view movies, while some others can't. I myself have encountered this problem before. Not all the time- but it happens every now and then. You have to be considerate of others whom are having issues, even when you yourself are not. And also, I would appreciate it if you took other people's concerns more serious, as "lolololol" seems to hint that you aren't really interested in a serious solution.

To be honest I don't mind. (Couldn't care less really.)

At least it's in private maps guys! You can still RP! And it will encourage Map RPs and maybe a little less den claiming and hoards of lion king prides at the fluorite bridge!

But all the bashers are getting to me, I actually like this update. But it makes it more difficult to interact with people via General. And I kinda miss the spam, there were some funny topics in fluorite at times.

And as for what Nemena said (Wont let me quote), it's really not that hard to advertise groups and RP's, really, it isn't! Make RP advertisements with movies! It floods the chat less as you can choose to view the video if you are searching for an RP.

But what about those who cannot download maps? You have to put in some kind of consideration for them. I can download maps with no ease, but for some of us we just simply cannot download them.

Others have also pointed out in this thread that some cannot view videos because they get an error,  constant spamming, or they click the wrong video that is not even related to a role play at all. Every time I get on Movie is flooding my chat box to the point that I have to cut it off. I also have two four times click or three times click and sometimes scroll back up to the video I wish to view... sometimes that video you want to view can be a RP or just random none sense. 

Altogether it is really annoying with the movies... But we have no other choice but to deal with it until this mess is squared away.

I completely agree with iHolly, again. Thank you very much dear, for considering those whom cannot download maps, or like me, have issues downloading maps. My computers just simple cannot handle them sometimes- especially the large, multi-mapped ones that serious, long term RPs tend to have (and those are really the only RPs I'd be interested in joining). It just becomes too much of a hassle sometimes, so I have stuck with mapless RPs for quite a few months or so now.
I really need to get around to updating my siggy.
Meh, but that would require effort.

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 24, 2013, 01:15:24 am »
I was actually just trying to lighten the mood WolfishGrin, an "I'm looking for a group Centre" would be awful. It was just a joke.

Even if someone can't watch movies they are very capable of walking to the places where groups recruit their members. Or even asking a group if they can join when they see one out and about. There really isn't a reason for people to get so upset over this, emotions are a little too high considering it's just another one of the chats and I can see it coming back soon. If they took whisper away I could understand people getting mad, but this... Not really.