Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 164650 times)

Offline Xanael

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #470 on: July 11, 2013, 09:24:46 pm »
I agree with Ashton, because people will just go to crowded places and shout out their cuss words and trolling except the mods will have no idea because they won't see the local chat. :/

And anyway, FH is so uncomfortable to be in. I slum around private maps most of the time now because it's better than having to deal with the removal of the chat that gave us the ability to find roleplayers.
Especially when it's a roleplay based game.

I don't check the forums, I don't believe anyone wants to stalk this slow-loading site for their life to find a roleplay they'll enjoy. And movie chats are becoming annoying since you have to click every one and it could be just a sentence or an ad and it takes up valuable time.

So... yeah.

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 11, 2013, 10:44:30 pm »
Is this fight honestly still continuing? It has been a month now. Honestly, this needs to end.
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 11, 2013, 11:58:45 pm »
We all need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and just accept the fact that General is gone. Sure, it might come back, but right now it's gone, and we have to adapt to the changes. We can't live in the past, and if you were a member that joined after it was removed you won't even miss it at all, because it was never known to you in the first place.

If anyone has bothered to notice, there are over 400 replies to this topic. Only about 20 of these are posted by moderators, the rest of them are complaints, cries, and very few thank you posts. Tell me this; what problem have you solved by complaining? I know that we are all entitled to our own opinions, but I think it's about time this topic was locked.

To the moderators, I salute you. You're having to out up with our whining about General being removed, when really we're the ones to blame in the first place. It makes me sad, to think that some of our community's members would choose to misuse the privilege given to us to the point where it needed to be removed. I hope that our community will learn from this, so that any changes made in the future will not be the cause of irrational behavior and/or inappropriate language.
~I will end my rant here~

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 12, 2013, 01:54:56 am »
This whole thread is open so people can give their opinions and express their feelings about this change. If that comes off as complaining and whining to some people then...they're just going to have to deal with it.

It's much better than forcing everyone to bottle their feelings up.

And in honesty everyone's at fault in one way or another, as there are numerous factors on both sides that add to either shock factor or ranks up in the frustration levels of something like this.

To some people General wasn't anything. That's cool.

To others General was very precious to them - regardless of if it's a chat or not, and if venting out on here will help them calm down in some degree then it's better to let them [since a point of the thread here is to share opinions/feelings over it anyway].

Saying that it's "just a chat" is the same as saying that FH is "just a game". The game is precious to a lot of people and if it were gone EVERYONE would flip a table over it in some degree. Saying to 'stop living in the past' or 'get over it' is not something everyone can do easily - in anything, so if a thread like this is really such a bother then why bother checking on it if it isn't such a concern?

Posting here won't change the situation. Not posting here won't change the situation, so why complain about the people posting here? Either choice will lead to the same result.

Let people vent.

Offline Prinprinkley

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 13, 2013, 02:21:26 am »
         ^_^ Agreed, floof for you, no one needs to just keep in their feelings on the topic. Though this might sound cheesy, opinions do matter *Pours bucket of melted cheese on my words*.
         Also, for the last few pages, it was more of a debate rather than a fight from what I've seen, of course I could be wrong, I have been many times before.
           No offense to anyone annoyed by the complaints though, I can understand why you would be angry.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 02:24:17 am by Prinprinkley »
~Root

Download so you can see my character in game: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy8ya5erz7oaujl/Prinprinkley_9.fhp

Offline Murrphilia

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • Murrocity
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 13, 2013, 06:16:20 am »
Honestly I do think that things have died down a little. I do in a way feel bad for the moderators that not many people have said thanks or anything. They in a way wanted to test this removal to see how it went.

I personally thank the moderators for the removal because 97% of the time I actually turned general chat off anyways because of the spam and because no one was actually advertising RP groups or trying to find RP groups - it was just people talking from different sides of the map when they could be using whisper or sitting next to each other in local.

I am well aware that general may be coming back; and as a RP group owner I will continue using it to advertise; though if it doesn't come back me and my friends will hold a funeral for it :).

Thank you moderators for doing yoru best and working hard!

~Gircutie

Offline Rezzie

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 13, 2013, 08:26:51 am »
Many people are right in this post of General leaving and some have said that they too are glad. In my opinion, I am glad to see it go with all the drama that happened in South Pole and Flourite. The cussing went out of control and nobody could help but cut General off. It was a very good decision to make by helping the game be more peaceful but although it is a tiny bit more harder to find a RP.

I myself don't Role Play as much anymore so it's not a biggie to me. I usually just talk to others and just sit around.

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #477 on: July 14, 2013, 05:06:19 pm »
I feel that this is a really good move towards a better community.  this is how it's going to have to be from now on. Try to deal with it guys.  The mods decided that and they won't change it.
Here are some good points
*Less drama.
*less cussing through the whole map.
*less spamming.
*less CAPS or shouting through the whole of the map.
*Less lag in some cases.

Find good in every bad.

And as for the mods. Well thanks for making a change like that. It did change the game. And it was worth your efforts.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 07:55:41 pm by crystalwolftear »
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline twilight12

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • that was kinda neat dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 14, 2013, 05:31:48 pm »
I believe this is a wonderful idea!, But I have something that I wish would to be replaced in General's death. An Advertisement chat. ONLY Avalable to those looking for a group, or group leaders. I'm sure others have asked for this, But I believe this is the perfect opritunity for it.

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 14, 2013, 06:38:07 pm »
why are some of you guys arguing? this is how it's going to have to be from now on. Deal with it. The mods decided that and they won't change it. At least there is less drama.

Find good in every bad.

And thanks for the effort mods  :) . It did change the game a bit.

They are dealing with it. This thread is for people to give their own opinions and feelings on the change, and if that comes off as bad or good is up to those that read it.

There are such things as negative and positive feedback. If negative feedback comes off as complaining or arguing then...i worry for some people.