Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 164652 times)

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
Re: RIP General
« Reply #480 on: July 14, 2013, 06:58:44 pm »
Negative feedback as you stated here is mainly people saying that they quit because this change is just too big to take on. They will have to try t deal with it. I understand that it is quite a big change but hey, now people can be more social. I used to be shy and going up to people was a challenge but now if i want to get my role play going i NEED to go up and ask otherwise i won't get what i need. So this change helped me quite a bit actually.
So there is some positive feedback.
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline Prinprinkley

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 14, 2013, 07:54:45 pm »
Wait, I thought they were still testing the idea. They decided it definitley won't come back? I'm a little confused on the issue here :/
~Root

Download so you can see my character in game: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy8ya5erz7oaujl/Prinprinkley_9.fhp

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #482 on: July 14, 2013, 07:58:45 pm »
It is very unlikely to come back. it did improve the game, and they put effort into making this change.
So it's a likely No.

But we gotta live don't we ;)

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 14, 2013, 08:00:38 pm »
If they decide to leave the game then that is fine. It's not right to deny them the right to speak their mind, however. Taking their own feelings personally will only bother you more than the cause of their emotions bothering them.

And most people are dealing with it, but like things in all scopes of life, not everyone CAN. Not all people can get used to changes, some people simply can't. And it's best to respect those people and - at the least - let them speak their mind on why than stifle their words just because it isn't positive.

It may work for you, but it may also not work for others. That is the whole point of the debate in the beginning. If staff choose to change it back or not it is up to them, but as long as this thread is open the least we can do is be respectful to those who post here, even if they aren't posting with a clear mind. They have as much right to their opinions as you do.

Posting here will get the same amount done as not posting here: nothing. So there's little point in saying "don't post" or "stop posting", as nothing will change regardless of what people do [at least according to you and others].

So just let people post what they feel as this thread was originally intended. It has only been a month. That's not always long enough for people to cool down, especially for those who don't even play the game often enough to even dabble with the idea.

Offline Blueyi

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • omf Len Kagamine x Miku Hatsune is my OTP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 15, 2013, 08:18:33 am »
Yet, guys, a lot of people actually came on just for the General. Some of them might be in depression and they just wanted to talk in the lovely green chat of ours. But it's not ours anymore, it has been taken away.

Look, it's not our fault it's gone, it's because of the spammers, trollers, terrible people, and of course, annoying idiots. But even though I was a huge supporter of General, I learned that it's time to move on.

But yet, the roleplay advertisers did nothing to deserve this...

I ship the VOCALOIDs Miku Hatsune and Len Kagamine together. Problem?

Offline raphiel9

• Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 15, 2013, 01:34:37 pm »
I H A T E IT!!!! i used general for every single rp how wil we get members for newbies! we dont know whare the hotspots are!!!! and movies heck i dont have time to look threw every fliping one and like a few peepole said MAGOR LAG AT CAPE AND STONE BRIDGE!!!  like have you seen how many peepole were therev be for and it was lagy then what do you exspect now!!! i am in com pleet rage mode ):):): -_-

Offline ALostShadow

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Known as Mystic Creature on the game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 15, 2013, 02:42:23 pm »
Though removing General chat may seem a terrible thing to many people, I can see why they have removed it. Yes it will be harder to find Role Plays now and advertise your Role play, though if you go to one of the popular places, (such as Stone Bridge, Cape portal, N/Z tree and so on) you could always advertise your group in local.

Offline CloudFeesh

• Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 15, 2013, 03:11:13 pm »
I believe this is a wonderful idea!, But I have something that I wish would to be replaced in General's death. An Advertisement chat. ONLY Avalable to those looking for a group, or group leaders. I'm sure others have asked for this, But I believe this is the perfect opritunity for it.

content cant be added to the game without kovulkd

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #488 on: July 15, 2013, 03:20:45 pm »
Yet, guys, a lot of people actually came on just for the General. Some of them might be in depression and they just wanted to talk in the lovely green chat of ours. But it's not ours anymore, it has been taken away.

Look, it's not our fault it's gone, it's because of the spammers, trollers, terrible people, and of course, annoying idiots. But even though I was a huge supporter of General, I learned that it's time to move on.

But yet, the roleplay advertisers did nothing to deserve this...

Nicely said BlueyIPro

Offline Xanael

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 15, 2013, 11:40:32 pm »
They'll just troll and be rude in local.