Author Topic: Feralheart just will not open.  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Coercion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Feralheart just will not open.
« on: May 29, 2014, 06:46:43 pm »
**EDIT**  I figured it out uvu  Basically I had to reinstall every one of my meshes again (all 1000 of them :c ), they weren't doubled but I think they got corrupted or something when I was exporting the map.  If anyone else happens to have this problem, just reinstall your meshes and for future reference, copy your objects folder as well as your map and save it somewhere else before exporting the map.  Thanks for the attempts at helping anyways

Basically just wasted 5 days trying to prepare a highly detailed map due tomorrow.  I exported two maps that were attached to it, then logged off to upload them.  When I went back on to get the main map, it just will not open.
No error messages, no nothing.  It just shows the feralheart window for a few seconds, and shuts down immediately.
I restarted my computer, it didn't help.  
I reinstalled feralheart and put the map files back in there so I could open it up again (thought it might have been the exports that messed up the files, so I didn't put them back in there) and it still didn't open.
This has happened before and I never did find a solution to it other than remaking the entire map from scratch.  My feralheart doesn't crash or even lag that easily at all, and I do run it on a mac.  I have no idea how to fix it and would hate to see my map go to waste for the 4th time.
So my only assumption is that I just have to start over?  Is there anything I can do to get my map back and feralheart running again?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 01:41:11 am by Coercion »

Offline CloudFeesh

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Feralheart just will not open.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 06:57:11 pm »
try going into your fh's object folder and make sure you didn't create any particle doubles. just search your entire folder for particle_0 or _1 and delete them.

Offline Coercion

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 07:12:33 pm »
I've tried that, but thanks anyways.

Offline CloudFeesh

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 07:15:34 pm »
you checked both the object folder AND the particle folder? can u get a screenshot of the error?

Offline Coercion

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 08:15:50 pm »
Yes, I've never had the whole particle thing and was told to do that before when I had this happened, there are no particle files.  I don't even install extra particles.
And that's just it, there is no error.  It opens when I click on it for 3 seconds, and then closes with no error message at all.
Like it just opens normally, doesn't even get to the start menu and it shuts down as if I hit exit.  I have no idea what's wrong.

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 08:42:52 pm »
If the particle method doesn't work check that your anti-virus program hasn't  blocked the game.
Check the newest map folder for errors that also may have stopped the game from functioning properly.
(E.g meshes,particles..ect)
I cannot do much with this problem since I'm not the greatest with files n' stuff.
I hope your game starts working again, good luck!

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 11:25:31 pm »
Be sure ye' check the followin' folders to be sure there is no duplicated files alongside the particles:

Exports
My_Objects

It sounds to me that it isn't yer laptop nor yer FeralHeart game alone but instead the maps. Considerin' the fact the game was workin' just fine until ye' exported those maps.
gone

Offline Coercion

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 12:01:21 am »
I appreciate the help, but there isn't any duplicated files anywhere.

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 10:21:46 am »
I just advise you do do these few things to check what is the wrong in what you are doing.

1- Copy your newest map folder/any exported files from it and paste it onto desktop (So you can put it back later)
2- Delete it from the FH  terrain/exports folder
3- Check if the game works

(If it does, keep the map out of the folder)
If it still doesn't just copy the 2nd newest map, delete it and check if FH works.
Do it untill the newest ones are out. If that still doesn't fix the problem, I'm afraid you'll have to delete your maps/find another way of solving this via re-downloading FH.

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

Offline CryptDc1996

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 12:50:07 pm »
how do i open up the game to play it for the first time ?