Author Topic: Feralheart Installations DirectX Problems?  (Read 3957 times)

Offline Lil Paw xD

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • ZzZzZzzz....
    • View Profile
Feralheart Installations DirectX Problems?
« on: June 22, 2013, 01:26:45 am »
This may be long but please bear with me!

Okay, my computer crashed randomly and wouldn't turn on again (ages ago) and so luckily it was still under warranty.
I got it back a little while ago and all my files had been lost and i was so stupid and forgot to back up my files. So i had to wait till the term holidays (just started today) to re download feral heart on my computer (not aloud to play it during school terms - my parents -.-) Anyway, so i tried downloading it again and it worked fine till it came up to the part where the Direct X was to be installed. It didn't occur to me at first - didn't notice- and was confused because after i downloaded feral heart then tried to run it up came a message that said,

" FeralHeart.exe - System Error ~ The progam cant start because d3dx9_42.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem."

So i did uninstall feral heart and re install it, that didn't work. I tried and put the folder and all the feral heart stuff that's on my sisters computer and transfer it via USB, that didn't work either. So i made a new user account on my computer (this has solved a few other feral heart problems) and tried re installing it again on the new account and that's when i noticed that Direct X wouldn't install, it came up with a message :

"Unable to execute file:
  C:/Feralheart/dxwebsetup.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 5.
   Access is denied."

Okay so this confused me heaps, "Why wouldn't it download?" So i looked up at the forum here to see if anyone had the same problem and I came up with this page:

(http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=20433.0)

So i tried to download Direct X off its own site and not along with Feral heart. But it came up with the same message!

I've had a million other problems with feral heart but never with actually downloading the game! :( SO basically to sum it up (lol) direct X wont install!
Please help i was waiting a whole term to play feral heart! ;(

Blossie <3

« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 08:42:06 am by Blossie »

Offline Tenturo

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • small bean
    • Goldown
    • View Profile

Previous Username: Woofkita
Avatar Art done by Exotic Foods on Discord | Sig Art by Inferni on dA

Offline Kouvinxx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • TKC for life!
    • http://kouvinxx.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Feralheart Installations DirectX Problems?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 12:15:20 am »
Strange...I have the same problem too.

Offline BohemianRhapsody

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 08:23:07 pm »
I've got the same problems too and I tried to download FeralHeart in different pages but it won't install.
I tought I would find another versions without that problem and no.....The problem continues and I can't play ;( Sorry guys,I've been too inactive and I tried to install the game again but I can't by that error.....Someone help me!
Enjoying FeralHeart :)

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 08:29:56 pm »
I've got the same problems too and I tried to download FeralHeart in different pages but it won't install.
I tought I would find another versions without that problem and no.....The problem continues and I can't play ;( Sorry guys,I've been too inactive and I tried to install the game again but I can't by that error.....Someone help me!

Try not to necro up old threads. This one has been in the grave since 2013.

As f'er y'er issue, mind making y'er own thread with all the details on the issue? Is the actual download f'er the FHSetup.exe pausing? Is the installation program malfunctioning? All these details will help us FH techs diagnose the situation. ;)

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 12:34:58 am »
As Enoki said, please do not bump old threads, as this is from 2013. Check out the tips posted above or go ahead and post your own thread if the issue continues. I'll be locking this ^^'
Farewell everyone<3