Author Topic: Crashing  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Azonia

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • We only regret the choices we didn't take.
    • View Profile
Crashing
« on: August 12, 2015, 09:44:54 am »
Hello! Recently I've just downloaded a new map for my new pack. It's called Verto Animus Map Pack, and I was able to go onto FeralHeart for a couple of days and now it keeps on crashing? I log on but every time I end up on the loading page it crashes and a message pops up saying: OGRE EXCEPTION(9:): No Weather by name 'CDRain' in.

Does anyone know what this message means, or how I could fix this? Thanks.

[Link to where I downloaded map] http://genesis199.deviantart.com/art/Verto-Animus-Map-Pack-357622575

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Crashing
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 04:18:11 pm »
Hi there, Azonia. I'm not too experienced with Ogre problems, but think I might know what the problem is. Since "No Whether by name 'CDRain'" is the message you're getting, that's probably where the issue is. For some reason, your computer isn't recognizing the whether file that should be running inside the map, which could be the case of a corrupt or misplaced file. Check in your computer files to make sure that you haven't misplaced anything. You could always try re-installing the map, in case you skipped a file. Hopefully, someone else will find this thread at take a look, in case I've missed anything.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Azonia

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 08:17:32 am »
Hi there, Azonia. I'm not too experienced with Ogre problems, but think I might know what the problem is. Since "No Whether by name 'CDRain'" is the message you're getting, that's probably where the issue is. For some reason, your computer isn't recognizing the whether file that should be running inside the map, which could be the case of a corrupt or misplaced file. Check in your computer files to make sure that you haven't misplaced anything. You could always try re-installing the map, in case you skipped a file. Hopefully, someone else will find this thread at take a look, in case I've missed anything.
Okay thanks! That helps, I'll take a look, but like you I'm not the most experienced with Ogre files!

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 08:31:29 pm »
Ah, I 'ave that map pack and there are a few issues within some of the maps that won't allow them to work. 'Tis just how the download was prepared. M'advice is just to steer clear of the few maps that are broken.

If ye need to find a way to get y'er character out of the maps, just head to the User Panel up on the top right corner of the site, log in, and find the character's option "Send Home". This should allow ye to send them back to a safe place.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Azonia

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 08:19:39 am »
Ah, I 'ave that map pack and there are a few issues within some of the maps that won't allow them to work. 'Tis just how the download was prepared. M'advice is just to steer clear of the few maps that are broken.

If ye need to find a way to get y'er character out of the maps, just head to the User Panel up on the top right corner of the site, log in, and find the character's option "Send Home". This should allow ye to send them back to a safe place.
Thanks but the thing is, I logged off on that map. So now when I log myself back on again when it gets to the loading page it crashes?

Working.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 08:29:25 am by Azonia »

Offline Azonia

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 08:21:16 am »
Oh no sorry, just read the last bit. Thanks, I completely forgot about this button!

Working.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 08:30:21 am by Azonia »