Author Topic: What the hell am I doing??  (Read 1813 times)

Offline Hjordis

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
What the hell am I doing??
« on: October 28, 2013, 07:44:20 pm »
Okay, I'm going to be blunt - what am I doing with this game?

I've made loads of characters, I'm trying to get into the game, but there is like nothing to do! I tried adopting pups, using the mate centre, but then what? I'm trying to start a roleplay of some sort, but either everyone ignores you or tells you to go away. Even though the majority of characters are just sat there, staring into space doing nothing.

Is that it? Is that all we can do - stare into space?

I hear people say that mate/pup beggars are annoying, and people looking to interact and make a pack/pride are annoying, but WHAT ELSE ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO??

Seriously, are we just making silly colourful characters just for other people to look at?

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
Re: What the hell am I doing??
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 07:55:24 pm »
No, you can roleplay, if you can find one that's active. It's sad how few are left. There are a few good ones, though! Wait in fluorite and watch some movies, like something you see? Whisper the person! Join! Live a life as a warriorcat, a bear, a savage coyote.

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 08:02:50 pm »
You're supposed to use your imagination. You can't rely on other people for fun always. This game is about creativity. You can make presets and maps to transport yourself to other worlds and become different characters. You can come up with role plays about anything and through clever use of language and writing you can teleport yourself from a bare map like Atlantis to a desert city in midst of war where a group of feral hunting dogs struggle to survive and unite in the ruins of ancient society etc. The only limitation to this game is the limitations of your imagination. Think up new stories and get people engaged by catching their interest. Maybe make music videos or play silly games with some other users like hide and seek or race to the top of Ascension Island. Think back to when you were a kid stuck inside on a rainy day with nothing to do or times when you were grounded. Did you ever give up on trying to have fun? There's adventure in everything you just need to know how to find it or better yet create it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:05:25 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 09:19:38 pm »
You can roleplay download maps so its more fun and download maps and presets. And trust me some groups won't ignore you. Another thing to do is make a danceline. Chat with other friends.
And be funny and tell jokes. And Lord Suragaha is extremely right I have a strong and powerful imagination and when I am bored I make a map it pulls the joy into me cause I am experienced in finding meshes and making maps. But usually when I am to bored I make a preset and when I look at it I am proud of myself even if it looks terrible! Or on FeralHeart when there is no ADOPTION CENTER or MATE CENTER or no new center you can make one yourself. Or watch some people roleplay and have fun it makes me smile cause I like watching people have fun!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:22:36 pm by Isabelle Little »
vanitas ยท he/they/it/fae

Offline Hjordis

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 01:00:54 pm »
Sorry I came on a bit strong. xD I was getting really frustrated. I saw one guy just sat by himself staring into space, so I went up to him and tried to sort of introduce myself in roleplay fashion, and I got "What do you want?". Or a bunch of tigers I tried to say hello to - "Go away wolf!".

So far I've found this to be quite unfriendly. And when people aren't sat by themselves or being rude, they're telling everyone that their character is gay and making sexual poses with other 'gay' characters. More than a bit creepy, especially as this is a kids game.... :S

I don't really know what to do with downloading and making maps.... I'm not sure where to start!
Would it be a good idea to try and start a roleplay here and take it to the game?