Author Topic: Font Choices  (Read 2475 times)

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Font Choices
« on: July 08, 2016, 07:34:21 pm »
i had an idea.

what if we could choose any font for our accounts to use? like, our chosen font will show up to us and other people when we type in the chat or something. everyone can have their own font, and some people can even have the same font.

i just thought this'd be cool, cause i prefer using the 'comic sans ms' font in any forum i'm a part of.

of course, without the source code, this wouldn't be possible, but it seemed like a cool idea.

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
Re: Font Choices
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 08:00:42 pm »
That sounds like a pretty cool idea. :3

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 08:33:17 pm »
Seems like a pretty cool idea! Though after a while, I could see it getting annoying when there's jumbles of different fonts popping up in the chat. Of course Font is always changeable on the forums with the coding options~!
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 08:54:48 pm »
Though after a while, I could see it getting annoying when there's jumbles of different fonts popping up in the chat.

you just gave me another idea! there could be an option to toggle the fonts on or off, like nametags, etc have already.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 10:32:04 pm »
Though after a while, I could see it getting annoying when there's jumbles of different fonts popping up in the chat.

you just gave me another idea! there could be an option to toggle the fonts on or off, like nametags, etc have already.

Lol! That sounds even better! Just remembering though, there is a way to replace the font in game with a font of your choice too. Other people won't be able to see it but I mean like you said, if you want your game to be in comic sans, it is possible with a simple mod~!
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 11:00:29 pm »
Nice idea, I haven't seen a suggestion like this before!

Though, to be perfectly honest, I actually wouldn't want this. I just feel like certain fonts would be too hard to read (it's hard to read a lot of posts even on the forum too, especially if you consider font colors!) and with a mix of tons of different fonts in the chat it would get really mixed up and make the chat look a bit wonky, especially since there's so many different sized fonts (as some fonts are more narrow while others are huge, even if they are at the same size). But if there was a way to toggle it I'd be fine with that, I just think if it were on all the time it would cause some troubles.

But I do think this is a nice idea though, and it'd give in-game posts some more uniqueness c: As long as it would be toggleable I think it'd be an interesting addition to the game (assuming we had the source code and blah blah)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 01:44:34 am »
I agree with Goat on this one. It's a very nice idea, and gives everyone a little signature originality, but it could also be annoying or hard to read.
I believe that the font can be changed in individual clients by playing with the .cfgs or textures, though I'm not 100% sure.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 06:49:28 am »
This seems like an amazing idea, although perhaps it would be preferred if there were set fonts to choose from; ones that everyone could read perfectly fine. Otherwise it'll spring up lots of confusion when people are walking around with incredibly squished up text and people are trying to read what they are saying.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Chknsoup

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Beyonce's chosen one
    • smol
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 10:33:41 pm »
Ooo! This is actually a pretty cool idea, i could see a lot of the members loving it! Personally though as others have said, it would probably become annoying quickly with other people having some crazy type of font in game. It would be pretty cool thought to have a unique font for your friends and other people to know you by though!
slaying since the 90's