Author Topic: The Cold North  (Read 2835 times)

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
The Cold North
« on: July 15, 2016, 01:39:39 pm »
So. New update, new maps and revamped maps. It's lovely, I'm still enjoying them very much. However, with the removal of good ol' South Pole it feels like something is missing...

A cold breeze, crispy snow under your paws and tingly snowflakes landing on the tip of your nose. FeralHeart is now very green and lush, which is great, don't get me wrong, but I feel Feral Lands could use a little Northern chill.

Therefore, I propose a chilly, snowy, wintery map. Perhaps something like a high mountain range or a frosty tundra with low lying shrubs, rocky outcrops, snow drifts and the occasional snow shower.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: The Cold North
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 01:44:06 pm »
Oh that sounds beautiful! I kind of imagine Narnia c; South Pole was cool, but it was literally quite barren, a pretty new snow map would be fantastical~

You are amazing <3

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 03:32:05 pm »
I would totally adore a wintery map<3 I've heard some say-so about one being added in the near future, so fingers crossed c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Chknsoup

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Beyonce's chosen one
    • smol
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 03:37:07 pm »
I don't think it would be to bad to have a similar map to South Pole! I mean, I never really spent time there but it would be nice to have one a little like it!
slaying since the 90's

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 03:56:55 pm »
I think this idea sounds great!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 04:07:18 pm »
We've put some thought into this for a while, and it would definitely be cool to have a snowy map. It really all comes down to the staff who are making the maps and what would fit in a natural way with the current maps that the patch has now (i.e. A snowy map dropped in between two tropical maps wouldn't feel natural.) I can't make any promises, but I like your thinking. Thank you for the suggestion~

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 05:08:43 pm »
We've put some thought into this for a while, and it would definitely be cool to have a snowy map. It really all comes down to the staff who are making the maps and what would fit in a natural way with the current maps that the patch has now (i.e. A snowy map dropped in between two tropical maps wouldn't feel natural.) I can't make any promises, but I like your thinking. Thank you for the suggestion~
I had thought about that, and I get where you're coming from - it'll just be weird to have a portal leading from Kiwimbi Beach to a frozen landscape.

I thought maybe to have it branch off from Cherika Valley as I think it is the most Northern part of the Feral Land continent and has some high altitudes as well.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 09:01:12 pm »
I defiantly think a new snowy map is what we need to add next if we are going to add any kind of map. I love that the new update has created more diversity in biomes, with the Grotto underwater, the more Northern Cherika, etc. But of course the majority of the maps are of the warmer climate.
having something cooler can change it up a bit, and make it really feel like you are moving from different biomes, and give the different maps unique atmospheres.

And yus we need it to be a bit... More... Than what South Pole was.

I would love for a really desperate looking area that is completely covered in snow, with a few bushes and dens out of the cold. And maybe, if it wasn't too laggy, the occasional snow storm would be awesome.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 09:04:14 pm by kiaz1st »

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 11:38:07 pm »
A snow map does sound like a really COOL (so sorry) idea. And yes, it branching off of Cherika is also quite swell. Maybe go through a more tundraish landscape before getting to said snowy map?

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 11:08:26 am »
This thought has been running through my mind for a while.
And I totally agree with you, with the removal of South Pole it feels like something is missing.
I would love to see your own North Pole added in the game, Flo. I hope they take your suggestion into consideration.

Signature art by Kynvuu