Author Topic: I'm concerned for FH's future.  (Read 8084 times)

Offline Duskyrose

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
I'm concerned for FH's future.
« on: December 12, 2016, 11:12:15 am »
Hello, before i begin, this is only an opinion or possible suggestion, many thanks.

I used to play Feral Heart very often for many hours a couple years ago, being able to find the exact roleplays to suit your characters and being able to make good friendships and overly enjoy the game.

However recently, i believe FH is starting to die down. I do apologize if i offend anyone with this opinion, i do not want to start any arguments, i just wanted to put my views across. Nowadays, hardly anyone is online anymore - this makes it very difficult to find a good active roleplay. I spent hours just trying to find a simple lion roleplay, yet hardly anyone has groups or joins groups. It is rather upsetting to see. I've had many conversations with individuals online and they believe the same thing.

Many people want the registrations open again - or at least at a set time on a set day. I have many friends dying to make an account, but can never catch the registrations whilst they're open.

Opening registrations will obviously increase the amount of users online, i know it was intended to stop lags and crashes - but it's done it's job, it's reduced the amount of users. Wouldn't that mean it'll be good to re-open them?

The number of people online is the lowest i've ever seen. This new update brings amazing, stunning new maps - however, nobody is on them. It's such a shame to see amazing maps that could be great for certain roleplays go to waste. Seaside grove, empty. Bonfire islands, barren. The grounds, minimal. Surely something needs to be done?

Having more players will benefit the game so much in my opinion.
I just don't want everyone to give up and leave FH for good.

Again, apologies for any offence.
[/color]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 11:16:52 am by Duskyrose »

ArcticGalaxy

Re: I'm concerned for FH's future.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 11:18:55 am »
I am 100% with you on this. I've noticed the same thing myself and as I've previously said, the registration being down is just bringing everything down. With it being closed, no new players are coming in, making the game empty and boring, driving more people away. And the people that just come by to check if it's open, well...they're going to start thinking it's never going to open, and there wil be no new players even with it open.

I know many things are going on irl with the staff and that it's hard to get things done but I mean come on. It's been down since June.

Offline Duskyrose

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 11:34:33 am »
I am 100% with you on this. I've noticed the same thing myself and as I've previously said, the registration being down is just bringing everything down. With it being closed, no new players are coming in, making the game empty and boring, driving more people away. And the people that just come by to check if it's open, well...they're going to start thinking it's never going to open, and there wil be no new players even with it open.

I know many things are going on irl with the staff and that it's hard to get things done but I mean come on. It's been down since June.

100% agree with you.

I'm worried that by the time registrations are opened/fixed. There will be no one left. I really hate to see this game die down. People online constantly talk about how there's no roleplays/their bored/chat is dead etc. It's just such a shame.

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 12:10:10 pm »
I agree with you and Arctic. Another thing is it is really hard to find random roleplay these days. Most times when you finally find a roleplay group it either goes dead or inactive in one day. I hope the game doesn't die out. It would be really upsetting to see people leave the game because of how inactive it is becoming. Hopefully the registration will be open before 2016 is over. It would be great to see new faces around in the game too.

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 12:55:37 pm »
Absolutely agree. The registration needs to be reopened - the amount of people online recently is just sad to be honest. The community used to be so full of life. I don't know what happened.

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline Kitsunez

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • wow i rly like cats uwu
    • lucipurrfection
    • vaarusk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 02:50:15 pm »
The reason that registration is closed is because Raz is rebuilding it himself--and again, we all understand that Feral Heart staff need time and space for their irl lifestyles. But at the same time, as was mentioned, it's been down since June. Truth be told, I think the forum didn't need this update--it was all so unnecessary. The game update has been phenomenal, yes, and I will never doubt that. The time and effort put into it is appalling and beautiful! But again. Did the FORUM need the update? Is this why registration has been down for so long? And I know, I'm repeating myself here, but the whole life thing outside of Feral Heart, I understand. But does it really take 6 months to rebuild registration, that probably wasn't even needed to be rebuilt?

EDIT:
I also understand that the forum update is out of the hearts of the staff and they want to make the community a better place, with quality above all else. I truly did not mean to sound disrespectful of it, I promise you.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 02:58:45 pm by Kitsunez »

Profile picture by kirani100 of FeralHeart
Signature by .Badlands. of FeralHeart

Offline Skat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Sorry guys I left. Can't delete profile sadly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 03:14:41 pm »
True as heaven

I had left the game for a while due to relationship and work and because nobody roleplays something that catches my interest and if they do they don't stay active the next two days. I love playing the game with my girlfriend though and she is the only reason I'll come online. But other than that there is nothing else we can do really, people are just leaving, new members don't come and I know many people who are waiting for it to get on, from my side I have many friends who want to play but never find the registraction open :\  With no new members, it could be fine but to a minimum because if old players leave for a while well slowly people will find it boring, due to friends not coming on because of different timezones etc.

I don't know how else to put it :c But if the registraction won't open soon/ something exciting happens the game will die. I can understand and respect why the admins took these measurements for the game, A.K.A. to do something good and protect the game, but now it doesn't work anymore. It is sad because the game is loved deeply by my girlfriend and me but it slowly dies and it comes to a point where it doesn't get exciting to play if your friends leave and nobody roleplays something you would like. And nobody whos's not a masochist would want to be forced to play as something they don't like just to stop being bored.

I am not trying to be rude and I apologise if I was. But this is what I see, from my point of view atleast :/
| Skat  | Weirdo | Foodsexual | Nice to meet you :D|

Me and my children PFF XD

Offline .Fallen-Kingdom.

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • One Step At A Time.
    • CatieBug9
    • CatieBug9
    • CatieBug9
    • KittyBug9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 04:15:16 pm »
I understand where this is coming from, and Artic had already made a topic that was quite similar to this, if you'd like to check it out. Mods also responded if you're looking for their opinion. But, there are quite a few role plays. Most of them pretty active, or at least active enough to be on at least once every week if not everyday. Lion rps have died down, but you can change that by making your own. There are lion rps, they just hide in the different maps.
About the lack of community members, yeah, it's not as much as what we are used to. It does get a bit 'boring' as you say, but the mods will do what they can about the registration. I agree, registration should be a bit more open, but our community is still here. All the members that have been here are still here. It's just the matter of time of when they get on.

"Always remember, it has to be dark for the stars to appear."
I go also go by BugJuice in-game! Feel free to say hi!

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 04:16:32 pm »
I agree with you so much on this. I had to get a hand me down account since I have been waiting for registration to open ever since it got locked, And I have many friends dying to play the game.

I'm not much of a roleplayer, But I do agree with you that most of the maps except for Grounds are completely barren. I sort of find this depressing, As FeralHeart used to be such a big game, But the new update and registration lock came along and ruined everything.

I know the mods are having a re -make of the site, But it's taking forever, At least around 5 months, Personally I love the site as it is, To be perfectly honest the home page is the only thing needing a makeover.
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 05:07:22 pm »
Old registration didn't have that many problems, i was hoping they could reopen it while it was rebuilt behind the scenes but apparently not...

This game does has tons of unseen potential that most people haven't discovered yet, it just needs the right minds to join us & see it.  But they can't right now for obvious reasons.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"