Author Topic: Registration?  (Read 1162 times)

Offline ComatoseKatie

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • The chick bathing in Funnel Cake
    • comatosekatie
    • View Profile
Registration?
« on: December 11, 2016, 06:37:57 am »
Everyone keeps saying Registration is closed until the forum is finished being updated but someone new signed up in October called VanDracula? I was just wondering how, or if it was a test account for the new registration or something? Cause I know Registration's been closed since like June and that wasn't the name of the last person to sign up before closing registration. So I was just wondering.

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Registration?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 06:46:26 am »
I wondered the exact same thing but I asked a staff about it when it happened, and they said that there had been some work that day so it may have glitched or something.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Registration?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 06:49:15 pm »
I believe Arctic is correct in assuming it was a glitch. If a user has clicked on a link that was sent to their e-mail (one that was sent a while ago, before the closing of the Registration), it may have considered it as a new account. Keep in mind that when updating the forum, all forum nicknames were removed and reverted back to the user's in-game username, so what you see as being a new account may simply be the last account that you've seen in that area before, only without a forum nickname (making it appear as though a new account was made). If they have tried to register by clicking an old link or attempting to make one, this could be why it reads as a new account having been created.

Either way, I believe it is a glitch. Hopefully this makes sense. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.