Author Topic: Ways to stop or reduce sexual activity on Feral-Heart?  (Read 4984 times)

Offline Golddaddy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Ways to stop or reduce sexual activity on Feral-Heart?
« on: September 11, 2014, 11:01:45 pm »

Alright I am pretty sure that this subject of feral heart being used for sexual behavior has been brought up many times.   And as I have seen Red say, feral heart doesnt have the type of material as impressive title such as hunting, items etc.  So some people/kids might get bored and use their imagination.  But this can get carried away substantually (ie, sexual or sexual related behavior).   This may not be so impressive to other users, in fact it can be annoying, upsetting, and disturbing to others.  It is reasonable to understand that dirty people are going to be dirty and there really is no way of the staff to moniter everyone at once.  So perhaps could there be a way of reducing sexual activities and if nothing else reduce the extent of public exposure?  Adding collision detection on characters would ultimately prevent "mating"  and sexual related things, however It is unclear if this is possible.   Also Taking off butswing would help reduce.  But as some may know there is no source code and Feral Heart really is not updatable (If I am wrong please correct me, it is not to my knwledge FH has its source code)  therefore a handful of memebers might use their immagination and get dirty with their mate most commonly in Atlantis, and Last Cave because of the seclusion and less chances of getting caught. 

I myself feel the rules about sexual activity should be modified slightly.   Howso?    Well I feel that it should be manditory if people see "mating" in public no matter what the situation be, it should be screenshot and reported upon sighting, and  Stricter bans to the perpetrators.   However your not going to catch and ban them all, so instead of scarring the living crap out of them,  maybe perhaps allow sexual activities in privately made maps only if that map is not open to public download to hopefully encourage them that if theyre going to "mate" at least do it where no one else will be.   Thank you for taking your time out to read.

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
Re: Ways to stop or reduce sexual activity on Feral-Heart?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 12:30:56 am »
Collision on the character models? I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure that almost everybody would be upset about that. One of my in-game friends love to have her character "lay" their head on my character's back, and with a collision, it'd look, for lack of better words, dumb.
There's also no harm in the characters just sitting on another's back - as long as you know the person and it's only to show that you do. My friends do it all the time.

Now, like I said in a different topic (too lazy to find and quote it), I don't use the "buttswing" action very much, or even at all - I like it for humor, but only if I agree with the humor; see where I'm getting at, though?
Many others might have different opinions, though I know a handful of others have similar opinions as well.
-Wolfie

Offline KatanaWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Delete this account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 12:36:09 am »
These are great ideas,if people did "mate" in private maps instead of public then it would reduce the chance of finding anything like that and while adding collision detection on characters seems like a good idea, there is the slight problem of when an area in a map gets crowded. If their was collision detection then people wouldn't be able to get through that area without having to jump over a persons character as you can no longer walk through them. Again great ideas but unfortunately there is no guarantee that a user will actually follow them.
Account no longer in use.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 01:29:00 am »
There are some valid points to your argument, but at the same time there are some points you make that I kinda disagree in a sense.
As FH dosn't encourage "sexual acting", if a person is caught doing so and you see it, don't complain that staff arn't around cause they cant be on game 24/7. If anyone sees something such as this, they need to take it upon themselves and report the act with screenshots.
Also the buttswing coding can't be removed from the game cause its embedded into the game already. Cant alter that out from everyone's game. Plus if you remove it yourself if that is possible, then you might not see a person who is actually buttswinging cause u don't have that code anymore.
But ovcorse kids are gonna be kids and not listen to the rules sometimes, the person should have the common sense to not do it and be aware of there surroundings in general.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 02:33:24 am »
Aye, Feareh practically took what mew was gonna say but, I have some other stuff.

Yes, your argument does state a point, but if we do end up adding collisions to models, which can't be done without the source and a skilled coder, the game server would lag so much more, and people wouldn't be able to sit on each other as a statement of friendship as they used to. I don't have anything against it but, things could be worse by doing so.
Kids will be kids is the truth here, and some have dirty minds, such as those partaking in this activity. I understand you may think, "Well, some aren't like that but get banned anyway." Well, some may just not even read the rules or care.

Hope this didn't put yew down, if so, sorry :c On the brighter side, I do think this is a nice rant c:

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Sherlockian

• Yes, it means I'm bread
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • Lynxy nuzzles <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 03:22:21 am »
I do believe this is better suited in Game Opinions and Ideas, moving this for yew ^.^

I see your points, and you do make some good points, but I'm not sure if, given our current situation without the source code, there's a way that we can reduce the sexual activity and naughty shenanigans. We /could/ reword some of the rules, but it's not always going to mean people are going to read them, even though they should. Despite already enforcing that users should report users that do this, many users don't. Either because they don't know how or simply don't want to.

I'm not sure if letting mating in private maps allowed is a good idea though, as a community we want FeralHeart to be, and be seen as, a friendly, safe place for all users. I think if we put that users /can/ mate, but only in private maps, it'll put a bad light on FH. For example, if you're a parent coming to see if this game is nice and safe for their child, I don't think they'd be pleased to hear that mating is allowed.

Although you mean good intentions, I'm not too sure if all of these would be good ideas, sorry ^^ Hope you see it from my point of view x)
Please, feel free to call me Genny. x)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 08:31:20 pm »
I agree with most of you... the mating in public maps in a problem, but collisions could get annoying VERY quickly. And the buttswing, is pretty much just a fun little joke. I mean, there are a lot of other actions that could also count as mating... like sit/idle spam or headbang.

Back to the collisions thing, like Mantle said, would be very tedious to travel through crowds and such. Also, as our lovely mod Sherlockian pointed out, without the source code, us trying to edit the game is near impossible unless Kovu either returns or passes on the source code. Besides, with collisions, we wouldn't be able to do couches and party bushes. :(

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Scarlet[]Death

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 09:17:16 pm »
I... don't have much to say for the 'mating' issue since it doesn't bother me all that much besides when they do it in front of everyone just to gain attention or in public maps in general.
But if they want to do that in private maps, then I see no problem with it. If some people are into that then oh well... At least it's a private map where no one sees 'em.

But with Collisions on characters... That, in my opinion, would be an absolute No.
It's already hard enough with some meshes with collision glitches anyway. And it would take all the fun and friendly cuddling, couching, and fluff piles away from us and not even that when we run past each other, our characters would bounce off each other and that wouldn't be fun. xD Would be gettin' riots from it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:22:54 pm by ?c?????[]d???? »

Offline KingRex

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • game username King Rex
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 01:54:02 pm »
i understand your consern about public mating. but collision detection to me is out of the question. i and friend like to at times pretend to be a pillow/coach for our friends. also taking off the buttswinging is kinda harsh; i and friends use buttswing as a dance move.
Adolphe of Adolphe's Pack

Offline Whitebone

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • An ordinary Fox, With extrodinary powers...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 12:30:38 am »
To be honest, I feel ya. But, I see no wrong in it. Yes it's bad and gross ect. But collision is NOT the way to go! That would cause more problems and lots of players would leave the game. I enjoy couching my friends (and randoms I happen to want to couch ^^)

As for the game being unupdatable, I just think the game is perfect ^^ maybe a few things that they could add would be cool, but honestly, the only thing I would change is that annoying "glitch" where you become another player xD

But no, it seems you have some strong opinions on the topic, but it won't get fixed. They will find another way to do it. It's a means of getting attention. It just so happens to be the wrong type of attention.
If Life Gives You Lemons, Make OrangeJuice, And Leave The World Wondering How You Did It.

Download my Preset Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ltb97742z8pv46q/Whitebone_9.fhp