Author Topic: this aint yo momma's reccomendations  (Read 3395 times)

Offline Kreo45

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
this aint yo momma's reccomendations
« on: September 04, 2014, 07:12:42 am »
waddup! as bias/background info, ive played the FH series since the prime daze of IT (I was Kre45/Xaldin!), so i have a lot of pent-up ideas bruh

1. layered wings
the paper-thin wings are bothering me to no end. why not make 3 'sheets' of polys to the wing to make the coverlets that wings are, and assign a color-selector per sheet? it shouldnt bog down computors too much, even if it was just 2 sheets or 1 sheet bent in half

2. bigger user maps
2k by 2k is cool and all, and wildly massive, but what about crash-yer-damn-comp, mind-blowingly huge? the things i could do with so much space...

3. add fan-made markings/items periodically to keep interest
gettin pretty tired of having my marks in the wrong order, and having everyone's characters in disarray. Make the more popular packs canon, already!

4. add more hats and/or 'conga' action
for obvious reasons

5. clipping. //clipping//.
ive fallen through stuff so much, its hampering my enjoyment like an eel in your pillow.

6. 'ground foliage' slider on maps
nuff said? i would love to crank this all to hell and back. luv me some foliage.

7. RP Group bulletin board
stick your group on an IG bulletin for [1/3/7] days with a 150-300 letter description, possibly for a IRL fee (like, 50c a day for the bulletin) to fund FH.
-- group it by RPG (stats, rolls, ect) text RP, age-restricted RP, casual rp, ect

8. good computer settings
my computer runs FH like buttah, i really wish there was options to go to higher levels of shading/detail/texture! also, bloom slider. pl E ASE. /BLOOM SLIDER./

9. community modding projects, winner gets into the game
such as: design some wing markings! design a simple map! design a ____ model! design a contest!

10. new OST feat. newgrounds/up-and-coming artists

11. canon story mode feat. user, updated periodically, choose-your-own adventure style via forums.

im just sayin', this community makes and builds a lotta stuff, why not embrace that? besides, gettin' cozy with users is never a bad thing - i mean, look at Flight Rising! a lot of games are starting to let their users decide things, like Everquest Next and Star Citizen. food for thought, and its less work for mods.

PILLOWFIGHT TO THE DEATH

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
Re: this aint yo momma's reccomendations
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 11:44:31 pm »
I like your ideas, Kylie, and I do see your point.

(Me likey chur siggy, mate!)
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 11:54:33 pm »
Really like your ideas there, Kylie!
I especially like the 'Conga' idea. Sounds like a lot of fun!
It's a shame we can't get them into the game for ye. But it's an amazing thing to think of!
Keep it up!

Offline Canon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • (????)? ? ???
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 05:48:03 pm »
Very good ideas you got there.

DeviantART: CreepyCanon - Youtube: Ken the Derp

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 07:39:22 pm »
I like these ideas, just gonna leave a few comments on some below, hope ya don't mind~

1. layered wings
the paper-thin wings are bothering me to no end. why not make 3 'sheets' of polys to the wing to make the coverlets that wings are, and assign a color-selector per sheet? it shouldnt bog down computors too much, even if it was just 2 sheets or 1 sheet bent in half

The wings are thin indeed, but they were the same way in IT, not very thick. Tho, there are modification textures that give them new life, if you like those, not saying you have to.
They can be fixed, tho it would be a separate download link, and you would need to ask permission from a.) Kovu LKD to modify an actual game file and b.) The current staff. Hopefully this is pretty well explained....

5. clipping. //clipping//.
ive fallen through stuff so much, its hampering my enjoyment like an eel in your pillow.

6. 'ground foliage' slider on maps
nuff said? i would love to crank this all to hell and back. luv me some foliage.

The falling through things is normally from the collisions on items and objects glitching, nothing major, tho I do think it can be fixed/modified to work better. And, if you have a small character, it's normal c; (Whisper ish small XD)
Foilage is actually a great idea, tho, if users had laggy computers, a sliding option would be useful to them as well to reduce the graphics. All in all, I approve of these both as well.

8. good computer settings
my computer runs FH like buttah, i really wish there was options to go to higher levels of shading/detail/texture! also, bloom slider. pl E ASE. /BLOOM SLIDER./
There is a MOD out there called FHD, it's free to download and has wonderful shading, new textures, meshes and gives FH a new life if your interested: (>>Click me to go to FHD<<) Other than that, I support this idea as well, having the slide bar once more for slower PC's.

Other then that o.o These are great ideas! I love every single one of them, hope to see more ideas from you in the future floof~

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves