Author Topic: Give 'em a chance.  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
Give 'em a chance.
« on: July 05, 2013, 10:09:52 am »
Not quite sure if this topic belongs here. If not, please move it if needed. ~

I'm only posting this topic as requested by several friends. I know many have put a ton of effort into making their very own roleplay groups, but when recruiting or advertising, most hardly get noticed at all whether it be advertising in-game {not General-wise, but Locally at SB or Cape Portal, etc.} or on the Advertising board.

I've been noticing: The reason being is because players often come across group members that use incorrect grammar and / or txt speak. Also on their group's bio and site, there are also grammatically incorrect content found within. Their plot may look unorganized perhaps, as well as their ranking information. Because of that, they hardly get any recognition at all, or participators. Awr, come on... This doesn't mean that that group will result in terrible things. You can't base a group off of how they type or do things. Like one always says, "Don't base a book off its cover." That is, indeed, what applies here as well. Just because such uses incorrect grammar or contains a messy structure, doesn't mean it will be terrible. Heck, it could turn out to be an amazing roleplay group, so give others out thar a chance and step up, participate even. If you have ever created a group yourself, you know how difficult and time-consuming it is to apply all your effort into it, and how stressful it may be when all that work leads to nothing.

So if you ever come across a group that currently contains no members at all, don't be afraid to give the creator a chance and help him / her. I hope this has a positive impact on most RP groups, now. If it does, then I'll be glad. c: I mean, we're all one big and happy community.. We'll always have each other's back.

Sorry if this was a waste of your time, but I want those who've worked hard on creating a roleplay get what they deserve. Any feedback or opinions? Are you one who willing to try new things, or one who sticks with more professional groups?

In-Game User: ex0rcist

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: Give 'em a chance.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 08:43:58 pm »
Now that you mention it, you are right. I have roleplayed with people who used incorrect grammar, a few spelling mistakes, and a few unorganized roleplay posts. However, even though they had a few mess-ups, it didn't really affect the roleplay in a bad way. I could still understand what they were typing and just continued on with the next post. It really wasn't all that bad, but some people are just a little too picky or judgemental.
Inactive

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 12:53:51 pm »
Hmm, I'm happy to have seen this, and I agree with it whole-heartedly.
While most of my RP history lies in structured, "highly-literate" (dare I say xD) groups, I've noticed that my increased time in the public maps nowadays has really caused me to appreciate any sort of RP.

Minus my slight distaste for demon RPs (not my favorite, but no offense to those who like them~), I've found myself just randomly joining groups some days, just for fun. Whether I'm trying out a new character, or just having Linger talk to a cublet in Bonfire while they crawl all over his mane and back, it doesn't take long to see that even inexperienced roleplayers, or those without the best grammar can still help create a really fun or cute story.
So, I totally agree wiff dis, .Exe.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline snake_eyes

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 04:46:36 pm »
Like one always says, "Don't base a book off its cover."

Definately. The groups that aren't as recognized and appear to use frequent incorrect grammar also could be the most open-minded. It seems they allow more freedom to stray from the plot and be a little creative. Give them a chance to improve and have fun themselves; I doubt anyone just became an advanced roleplayer out of nowhere.