Author Topic: New computer time ;)  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Jessie Dagger

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • There is magic. But we call it Imagination~
    • View Profile
New computer time ;)
« on: November 13, 2012, 11:21:27 pm »
Alright, my dad wants to know this xD

Is an Apple laptop alright to play Feralheart and/or other complex games?

I guess since our families single core is... kinda dying from my multible complex gaming.. He wants a new computer. Eheh ^^" Anyway, reply soon!

P.S. I have already told him a multiple core/ double core is highly recommended by many players ;D

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: New computer time ;)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 11:41:03 pm »
There are a few issues that you might want to take into consideration when using a Mac to play Feral Heart, but for the most part it's fine to use Apple computers to run Feral Heart and most other games. I do not use an Apple computer myself though and honestly I wouldn't recommend it because Apple computers often encounter numerous issues before running games.
 If I can find the post that talks about running Feral Heart on macs I'll link you. Here:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=27971.0

You may also want to check this out:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=3251.0
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:18:32 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 11:41:11 pm »
Any dual-core or quad-core computer (seen octa-cores too, expensive as heck though) is good enough to keep up with the times, given they're fairly modern of course. However, Mac isn't the recommended OS to play FeralHeart on -- the game runs seamlessly on Linux, even, yet in Mac you're prone to all sorts of bugs. Although if the laptop is new, then it should do, given Apple's quite finicky when it comes to what they put inside their products.

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 12:27:06 am »
Well make sure you've got enough space & RAM for FeralHeart to run smoothly first. I'd recommend using a Windows Computer, however. But if you want a good computer for gaming, use desktop computers. There's a way to purchase more RAM, but you'll need to know your computers well.

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline FighterWolf399

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 02:47:12 am »
I have a friend that I play Feral Heart on her mac, and to tell you the truth I hate Apple laptops because when I went to play the game it would overheat and crash in like 5 minutes. You need a fan or really cold surface to keep it cool. And macs are made for artwork and digital computer generating and windows computers are much faster and run smoother. Just saying. Hope that helped. :3

Offline Jessie Dagger

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • There is magic. But we call it Imagination~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 03:48:42 pm »
Thanks guys! I would like some computer suggests now, what you floofs think would be best ;D

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 04:40:54 pm »
I have quite a few friends that are hardcore gamers and I'm sure they'd recommend you looking into Alienware computers and such. You can check it out here:
http://www.alienware.com/
But yeah that's if you want to go all out with it and you do alot of gaming on your pc. Most any juiced up and upgraded computer with a good graphics card will work just fine though. You can always upgrade and customize your computer once you buy it to make it run better.
These are the main things you want to look for when shopping for a good computer for gaming:
- Focus on the processor. Look for a computer with a high powered dual core processor. The more core power the better the computer will be able to spread out it's work load and process things better. A dual core allows you to run multiple applications at a time . I use a Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit.
- Get a computer with alot of RAM
- Make sure the computer cools down well so pay close attention to small details on it's design. You'll want a computer that is effiecient in getting rid of that heat and energy that builds up when running games and other programs because if it doesn't effectively cool it damages the components inside over time. Not to mention some computer get uncomfortable to rest your hands on because they heat up so much.
- Make sure it can hook up to wireless network. Look that it has a wireless adapter/card.
- If you download alot of games make sure you've got good protection on the computer, most come with free trial anti virus software but if you've got the cash you can buy some more programs to install into your computer once you get home.
- Make sure it's got a good graphic card
You can look here for more details on all these components:
http://www.squidoo.com/build-gaming-pc

In the end it's all up to what features you're looking for, your budget and how much you guys want to spend on your computer. Most any recent good computer brand will work out and you can invest in upgrading it little by little once you've purchased the computer. Just don't let the people swindle you at the store for a more expensive thing when you can get the same things you want for less expensive. Do plenty research on the info provided here before you decide and if you have any more questions feel free to private message me if you like :)
Goodluck!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 04:46:18 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 04:49:57 pm »
[...] windows computers are much faster and run smoother.
Such is not always true - Mac OS X works better under pressure than the Windows OS, on average. Windows is just more universally used.
Thanks guys! I would like some computer suggests now, what you floofs think would be best ;D
Well, I've used several HP and Dell computers and I've had quite the time to evaluate them. If you're looking for a laptop though, HPs tend to overheat - placing them atop a elevated surface (such as a book) is a good thing to do. HP has a better support center and system than Dell though, it's all about weighing out the pros and cons - this is just what I've seen, you might be able to do some research of your own. You can check a few computers yourself in the online stores for each brand, respectively. Here are a few:
www.hp.com
www.dell.com
www.toshiba.com

Most new computers meet graphics, memory and HD requirements to keep cutting edge - online stores even let you customize the computer. The more, the better, but if you're on a budget then you might want to go balanced.

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo