Author Topic: Fighting mode  (Read 5289 times)

Offline LeaderKovu

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
Fighting mode
« on: August 31, 2011, 03:36:24 am »
My idea would be a fighting mode like you send a fight request to someone and they have to accept it or decline it and maybe a red/orange ring goes around them and they fight and such! it could be helpfull cause it would settle arguements and claiming dens.

Offline spottednose

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Potato
    • View Profile
Re: Fighting mode
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 04:26:11 am »
 Yes, i like that idea, that would be helpful, especially roleplays with fighting in them

Offline kimlou

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 01:12:29 am »
I like that idea that would also end powerplayers/godmoders.

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 01:31:43 am »
I like that idea too. I don't think it would end godmodding though. Someone could still come up to you and say: "killz hit no miss" then run away. Also, it could make FH take up more memory and cause more bugs and issues for the staff.

Offline .::Silver::.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I think I watched too much SD...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 04:15:48 pm »
Only problem is people could spam fight requests to someone which would cause major problems unless you can only be able to send a few requests each FH day or night.

This was suggested a little while back but it's a kind of okay idea I guess.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 04:40:03 pm »
As most have already covered.. This is both a good and a bad idea.

As I see it right now, it is easier to simply walk away if you do not want to RP fight.. Or stay if you do. Cover it all through OOC and have a mature conversation about it. But then you'd need to have mature people who were/weren't interested in such, as well.
RETIRED.

Offline Edge0Distruction

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 05:58:59 am »

You guys would rely like that!?
OK then i'll take a series of votes from the GMs and if they say yes then I could probably create a different type of FH and if they wish it i could mingle around and create extra characters Like a dragon or a horse or something but i still need permission from the GMs After all they are the ones that made it, and i am only a user!

PS: i don't know what type of system they used to make the game xso there is still the problem of that! *.*

Additional: i have already created a new move called "burst of eternity". When you use it your body will float and start to gather light, and when the light shell is complete it will create a blinding flash that has the equal color of that of you body.
However i can not post it or use it or even show a picture of it without their consent. And there is the problem of the bugs on that move and the problems it may generate upon using xso i will not use it ever! (it is still in Autodesk Maya cause i am not yet sure weather or not the system can handle it!)

[/color]

Offline .::Silver::.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I think I watched too much SD...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 12:19:36 pm »
Only one person created the game, Kov, and he used Ogre to create and program the game, you can't just add on a fighting system so easily, anyways, it would probably lead to people arguing like crazy.

Offline Alaskan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 03:21:24 pm »
Well, in Impressive Title you could fight one another. But we shouldn't have fighting. Fighting does not settle arguments, it makes them worse. Besides, you can fight in a roleplay, type what your action is.

Yes it would be helpful because there are powerplayers and such, but I think it would cause more lag.

Plus, some users could keep on sending you requests and not stop even though you're declining it. That'd be annoying.

It's a pretty good idea but it also isn't.

~~Alaskan~~

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 01:23:15 am »
I would love fighting. Perhaps it would curb godmodding, perhaps not. Eiher way, I generally prefer a mechanical system to determine the victor as opposed to just kindof feeling out a balance between godmodding and being overly vulnerable. I would feel much better about having a good fighter if I wasn't constantly wondering whether I was just beng overaggressive or not. However, I think a die-roll chat command would be good enough.
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.