Author Topic: Preset Sync Problems  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Mewmewcat12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • GET DUNKED ON!!! (Icon by DreyaCira)
    • mewmewcat12
    • channel/UCe5wvt8UXDuRrnWHXl_we0w
    • meowimakittycat
    • View Profile
Preset Sync Problems
« on: October 03, 2015, 11:05:22 am »
Hello there. I really needs some help with this preset sync. :( Now that the new version of BTsync looks different, I don't know what to do.

I tried to figure it out by clicked a options on the top right corner and then clicked my devices and try to unlink my device.

Then I click link a device that already running sync 2.0.

I tried to use that key that was suppose to be the secret. But it said the key is invalid.

I don't know if that's what you suppose to do if not, then I'm probably not doing it right...

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: Preset Sync Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 02:55:06 pm »
Hmm, well, I don't know much about the preset sync, but from what I heard, it rarely works for people. Ye could just be one of those unlucky floofs who just can't get it to work on y'er computer.

Also, I think that the preset sync only works with the presets that 'ave been uploaded to the FH site, not entirely sure on that, but 'twas what I've always thought.

I'm not sure if we 'ave any preset sync wizards on the forum, but I hope someone is for y'er sake. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 07:45:04 pm »
From what I had heard I thought Preset Sync wound up getting some bugs after a little while. That or the update might have made it to where using it will be a bit more difficult. I am not too sure though.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 08:43:00 pm »
You might have to reinstall the file and screenshot what the windows look like. That's what it was like using the older version, all syncing information was placed in the actual install file. Your welcome to PM me the screenshots so I can assist you in what to do.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Mewmewcat12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • GET DUNKED ON!!! (Icon by DreyaCira)
    • mewmewcat12
    • channel/UCe5wvt8UXDuRrnWHXl_we0w
    • meowimakittycat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 11:54:13 pm »
Oh wait, I think I just figure it out!!! I went to options then click manual connection. It asked me to put a key in so I used the secret key and enter it then it asked me what folder to sync. After I did that it, started downloading the presets!! :D I really am going make a tutorial for this because that was so confusing. =A=
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 01:06:49 am by Mewmewcat12 »

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 01:53:16 am »
Oh wait, I think I just figure it out!!! I went to options then click manual connection. It asked me to put a key in so I used the secret key and enter it then it asked me what folder to sync. After I did that it, started downloading the presets!! :D I really am going make a tutorial for this because that was so confusing. =A=
I'm sure some other floofs would greatly appreciate a tutorial. Since the problem appears to have been solved, I will go ahead and lock this topic.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.