Author Topic: Are the Presets, Maps, and Mass Markings safe to download?  (Read 1760 times)

Offline gravityderp

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Smoothie
Are the Presets, Maps, and Mass Markings safe to download?
« on: January 07, 2014, 11:17:43 pm »
I really hope this is in the right forum...

Anyways, I joined about 5 days ago I think, and I want to start downloading packs and maps. I've heard adfly is a legit site, but there are viruses. I can't tell which one's the ad and which one's the download, so I just didn't risk anything.
Also, are these downloads even safe?
I wanted to download this one: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=32446.0 it's the mass pack 3 I believe.
Thanks for the help, I hope I'm not too confusing :P

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Re: Are the Presets, Maps, and Mass Markings safe to download?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 11:23:09 pm »
I assure you downloading presets, maps, etc. are safe. I have not heard of any virus nor have I experienced one when downloading it, correct me if I'm wrong. Adfly is basically ads that you have to go through before continuing on with the download. Simply click on the download you want, and it will lead you to Adfly. If you look at the top right corner of the page, you will see something that says, "Please wait _ seconds". The number will count down (normally starts at five), and once it has counted down, it will say "Skip Ad". Click that and you will proceed to the real download.

Hope you understood this :p

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 11:25:31 pm »
Adfly is not the actual download. DON'T click download on their site, or you're likely to get viruses/spyware/adware/rgt76u6iu5.
There is a countdown in the right hand corner at the top of the screen. When it says skip ad, click that and download from Mediafire. The Mediafire download is in the middle of the screen next to the description of what you're downloading.

I'll get you the legit download to MM3. I'll edit this. Here you go! Click Me! Oreobutt you beat meh you ninja. >:U
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 11:29:03 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline gravityderp

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Smoothie
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 11:28:42 pm »
Thank you Oreo and Alpha for the reassurance. c: I didn't know if the skip ad thing was a virus itself.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 11:30:24 pm »
Everything on the FH site should be safe to download. But like Alpha and Oreo said, simply look for the countdown at the top right corner of the screen, then click "skip ad" when the countdown is over. This will take you to the correct download page, and there you go!
Farewell everyone<3

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 11:30:36 pm »
Thank you Oreo and Alpha for the reassurance. c: I didn't know if the skip ad thing was a virus itself.

Ah, I don't blame you. Those ads are everywhere. |D If you were to get a account with Mediafire, no ads will pop up. :3 That's what I did.

And nu problem. C: