Author Topic: Group managing suggestion  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Firecloud

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Group managing suggestion
« on: August 20, 2012, 11:32:17 pm »
You know that for every official group on FeralHeart there is a leader that made it. That leader has the power to change the group's name, the biography, and to recruit/kick members. Now, that leader can't be on the game the whole time, so why don't we have a substitute leader for that? The substitute can have the power to recruit/kick members in the real leader's absence. He/she won't have full power for what becomes of the group, but it's good enough. Note, that only the real leader can grant these actions, so he/she can give this option to trusted members.                                                                               

And what if the leader doesn't want to be the one in charge anymore, but the group still wants to exist? There should be a button that can grant leadership to another member.   This would make things much easier.   

Please comment, I want to know what you think of my idea. Any questions?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Group managing suggestion
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 02:15:59 pm »
I actually was just talking about this yesterday in this post about sharing accounts:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=25842.0
It would make sense to add in this type of option to not only prevent groups sharing accounts but dead groups to. I think alot of groups "die" because once a leader/person who started it leaves there is no way anyone can take their place in game and continue adding to the group that was already started. No one wants to have to remake an entire group and readd all the people in it just because the original leader left. Another good reason is for when the leader is not online at the moment the next in command aka Beta etc can take the job into their own hands. This would just make things more convenient.

Offline Firecloud

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 03:03:53 pm »
Yes, that's the exact reason I suggested this idea

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 01:35:35 am »
I fully agree with these suggestions you have provided. We need some way for people other than the leader to invite/kick people from a group. I was thinking more of a way for the leader to allow only certain people in the group to have these privileges open. So, if they know someone is active a lot in their group and would do a good job adding people into the group, they can pass the responsibility to that member as well.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 07:17:40 am »
I like the idea alot. Would come in handy im sure for many~

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 09:11:47 am »
I am also in agreement to this idea, and I've seen the suggestion pop up now and then ;D

It may also be a bit of a load off of the actual leader. Instead of always being the one expected to add people or even plot recruitment-searches, editing the bio, etc, they have someone else to turn to for the help.
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline bluesonic1

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 01:41:42 pm »
I'm very strongly in favour of this idea. I was directed to this thread because I asked if such a feature existed in the help board :P As part of a Warriors clan, our group struggles a lot because the leader falls inactive and then someone else has to step up, create a new group and get everyone to re-join. It becomes such a hassle that the group just dies off.... So I would love to see this idea implemented :D
p.s. Thanks to LordSuragaha for redirecting me here!

Steahl

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 08:25:05 pm »
I concur, this would also allow for a more realistic pack or pride, the Breeding pair is usually in charge... There should be multiple ranking system, or the leader can choose a name and "powers" for each rank.

Offline awesomelyodd

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Life is too short to drink cheap beer
    • sirawesomelyodd
    • Awesomelyodd
    • View Profile
    • LinkedIN
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 05:45:18 am »
i am in 100% agreement of this too as im running into an issue right now that this feature would be incredibly convenient.