Poll

Should we have a yearly FeralHeart - cartoon contest?

Yes
No
Not sure

Author Topic: FeralHeart - cartoons  (Read 1658 times)

Offline ace13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • Squash ball racquets PROHIBITED!
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
FeralHeart - cartoons
« on: December 17, 2012, 08:55:39 am »
I was thinking, that maybe it would be an idea for those talented people out there to make little FeralHeart cartoons; whether it's on Flipnote Hatena or computer made. As this would be a hard contest to compete in, I suggest a yearly competition. I'm not too sure on this idea, but I just want all your opinions and please, VOTE! And please, critisism, I want to know what you all think! Don't worry, I won't be offended, I'm not too sure on the idea either xD If there already is a cartoon contest, then I'll be damned... .o. (I'm not sure if there's anything wrong with saying "damn/damned" on the forums, if there is, just tell me and I'll remove it. ^^')
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 08:58:10 am by ace13 »

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart - cartoons
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 12:49:09 pm »
It's a very thoughtful idea, but I voted 'no' because making only a few frames of animation takes a lot of work and I'm not sure if many, if any, users will be willing to put in so much work and effort into the contest, especially when they have other things going on in their lives which I'm sure they do.
A yearly competition would ensure that people had plenty of time to complete their entry, but I think that contestents may have completely forgotten about the contest by the time the entries would be judged.
Just my thoughts.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline ace13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • Squash ball racquets PROHIBITED!
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 01:27:52 pm »
It's a very thoughtful idea, but I voted 'no' because making only a few frames of animation takes a lot of work and I'm not sure if many, if any, users will be willing to put in so much work and effort into the contest, especially when they have other things going on in their lives which I'm sure they do.
A yearly competition would ensure that people had plenty of time to complete their entry, but I think that contestents may have completely forgotten about the contest by the time the entries would be judged.
Just my thoughts.

Fair enough. I actually agree with you, I would have to say "no" too, but I just voted for "not sure" as I'm kind of 50/50 with this. I make cartoons myself and post them on the Internet, but I probably wouldn't enter a competition such as this unless there were a good prize.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 02:05:48 pm »
Fair enough. I actually agree with you, I would have to say "no" too, but I just voted for "not sure" as I'm kind of 50/50 with this. I make cartoons myself and post them on the Internet, but I probably wouldn't enter a competition such as this unless there were a good prize.
A good prize would probably motivate people to join in and post an entry, but that all really depends on what the judges are willing to give the winners as a prize.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)