Author Topic: Game so Laggy  (Read 2450 times)

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
Re: Game so Laggy
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 10:26:37 pm »
As your computer is brought in 2004, is probably is too old for FH, my tip is go to maps with not too much people.
Maybe thats really the reason...... Aw... I liked to be in Cape :/ I will ask for a ~new~ computer for my parents! (Maybe a laptop?)

It's possible but I'm no pro on that kind of stuff. I've had friends with literally ancient computers that work better than some new models in the market today simply because of the new graphics cards & hardware they modify them with. I'm sure one of the other members with more experience in that area could provide you with some more helpful advice. As for me given what I've posted already I'm all out of ideas. If you also have a lot of things taking up space in your computer that could also slow things down as well as if you've got multiple windows open with other programs running in the meantime while you're in game. Sometimes there are add ons running on your computer that you're not even aware of that can often slow things down as well.

I hope you'll be able to fix your lag some how. Good luck
Even when it's nothing, nothing really open, only FH it lags...
Thank You people for these tips, I will try to fix it, and if don't works I really need to buy... O_e

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline kyaleu

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 07:30:23 am »
I had the same problem before. Everything was very laggy and I had to stay away from everyone because when I went around a lot of other characters, for example around the space in front of the portal for Lonely Cave, it was very laggy and the map wasn't with its usual view - pictures from the game were changing fast (for example the feather where your home and bio are, or the two paws and the three paws). I don't know why, but I got upset and I uninstalled FH and after that I downloaded it again. Now there aren't such problems. It's not your computer's fault, my computer is from 2000 year and it sucks. It has very low ram memory and graphic card. Maybe you should try to redownload the game. :)
"Don't do anything that one day you will want to forget.
God can forgive you, but He can't make you forget."

Thierry

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 10:52:33 pm »
Well, FH can run "acceptable" with a computer of 2005, you just need to close any application that may use your resources.

Avoid the item and markings packs and claws mods or high resolution texture packs, they are awesome but need a better computer.

I think there was a mod with reduced textures sizes called fasterheart (but it is old and you may not find it, or you may need to modify it)

I recommend to have at least 512MB of Ram (in windows XP) or 1GB (in windows 7)
and celeron/pentium D/amd athlon processor or faster and a graphics card of at least 32MB of memory (128MB or better is recommended).

For example, i used to play FH in my computer with 1GB of RAM, Windows XP, and nVidia GeForce FX 5500 and celeron at 1.7GHz with a framerate of 15-20 FPS (4FPS at fluorite plains in the worst case)

If you have windows, i highly recomend to use Directx rendering subsystem because it runs twice faster.

Offline Kafei

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • ?????? ?? ??? ????
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 12:53:30 am »
As Thierry stated, DirectX runs best with Windows. I had a Windows Vista computer with a decent amount of RAM and a graphics card. FeralHeart would run, but sometimes it would lag so bad I was fearful my computer was going to crash. It was impossible to have my browser open at the same time FeralHeart was. Like I said, my graphics card would work... But with all these new models coming out, my rating for it kept plummeting. After a new update for FeralHeart had been released, it demanded a better graphics card to run. I would recommend getting a better computer. If that's out of the question, try and see if you can get a new graphics card. If that's still impossible, try and fix any missing/outdated drivers. Scanning and getting rid of junk files can get rid of lag on your computer, which may give the computer better and more efficient ways to run. Then, FeralHeart will have more to work with. Oh jeez, sorry for the long post. I hope this could help a little. :L

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 05:54:42 pm »
just maybe:
The place ur in is so full it lags....
unless you lag everywhere then im afraid i cant help....