Author Topic: Shadows of Mine (please read)  (Read 1342 times)

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
Shadows of Mine (please read)
« on: February 24, 2014, 09:21:23 pm »
I um.. don't really know what to say but its slowly coming to me that it might be best off to put the game to sleep for the time being. No we're not shutting down permanently...I'm just not ready to run a server when I have so much doubt about it coming successful enough.

I was proud of it very much and planned it for a few months before releasing the server however the first problem we ran into was finding a host. When we finally managed to find one things got a little down hill. I am stumbling across all these servers which are looking great, and well much better than 'Shadows of Mine'. I am a little disappointed about how I cannot add decent updates because this server is just a test and I am still learning how to manage one and add new stuff etc.

I am thinking about putting 'Shadows Of Mine' in a locked state meaning that members can still join but the game won't be playable and staff won't inform members of the progress going on.

I am sorry if these news may shock you, or confuse you a little. And I know many will probably say "I knew this server would last a few months and die". But I tried and I will keep trying until the last breath of 'Shadows of Mine'!

Lastly...
I would be ever so grateful if people with IT server skills could help out, maybe add some items, models, meshes, maps etc and of course if more members joined the forums and supported us!
Its coming to this that I underestimate the server and gradually over think about shutting it down... pffft.

I hope we will receive a little more support, but i will stand there until the last member leaves. I would have shut it down months ago but I did it for the members! That's right, I didn't want to disappoint them and I feel terrible for even thinking about shutting down the server...
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline goldfeathers

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows of Mine (please read)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 07:24:02 pm »
So, what your trying to say is... Shadows of Mine is shutting down? That would be a shame considering you have a lot of members.
An important part of solving a problem is admitting you have one.
?
"If he's hurting you, why are you still thinking about him?"
"Because I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all..."
??

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
Re: Shadows of Mine (please read)
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 07:27:06 pm »
Um, well I'm not sure jut yet. It seems like we're drifting in and out of a zone. One second there seems to be a raise in member counts but other times its quite inactive. However I am warning others for the possible actions which might be taken if we reach a point where we cannot continue our work.
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads