Author Topic: Tree in maps problem 0.0  (Read 1201 times)

Offline drakmestaren

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • HELP
    • View Profile
Tree in maps problem 0.0
« on: April 11, 2014, 02:34:12 pm »
Hey! I need help, i gotta finish a map on monday, but i have LOTS of trees tu put out everywhere xc How do i make them spawn fast or something? I need to finish the map, thanks for any help!
-Drak

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Tree in maps problem 0.0
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 02:38:34 pm »
Unless someone knows something I don't I don't think there's any way that you can really place trees or any object for that matter in mass at a time or faster. It's just something very tedious that you have to do bit by bit when making maps I'm sorry to say. Usually I clone the tree a couple times and place as many as I can of that particular clone before moving to a different kind of object on the list. Cloning sort of makes it faster to reselect an item at least instead of scrolling through the list again...

Hope that helps sort of lol
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 02:40:18 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline drakmestaren

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • HELP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 02:40:42 pm »
Unless someone knows something I don't I don't think there's any way that you can really place trees or any object for that matter in mass at a time or faster. It's just something very tedious that you have to do bit by bit when making maps I'm sorry to say. Usually I clone the tree a couple times and place as many as I can of that particular clone before moving to a different kind of object on the list. Cloning sort of makes it faster to reselect an item at least instead of scrolling through the list again...

Hope that helps sort of lol

lolk cx imma keep on adding them xD

Offline damiian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 04:35:06 pm »
You could add them and clone the item and put it in the map loads of times, then one by one select each tree you cloned into the map and spread them out around the map
~ Rink
Its so so so so SO SO RARE i ever log into the game i am always found around the forums usually at my inbox or the help forums.
My username in game is rink if you find another user using rink it is a fake.
If you  cannot get a hold of me on here you can find me on the IT server dragons den as rink or deviantart as AlphaRink

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 04:40:24 pm »
Chances are you probably know of this but I will go ahead and mention this anyway.

Press "Ctrl + C" as you have an item highlighted and it will clone them too, this way you don't need to go point and click on "clone" in the map maker menu every time you wish to make a duplicate. Way faster and efficient if you're just out of plain cheer objects everywhere. I find this being enough to get most of the tree placement work done when making maps.

As I believe Raz also told me a longer while ago that's not a completely bad idea is that you can actually load several meshes in object maker of the same tree and place them here and there, and then save them all as "One" object, this way you can load a pre-made pack of trees if that's what you're after. This is even better if you're after speed, but doing this will certainly not give the same detailed placement as a 1 by 1 kind of strategy.
Former community manager of FeralHeart