Author Topic: [Closed For Now!] Turaia  (Read 4674 times)

Offline Twee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
[Closed For Now!] Turaia
« on: April 22, 2014, 12:48:27 pm »
Turaia - a beautiful land filled with many creatures big and small. Among them, five packs live a blissful life, thriving on the bountiful plains and rocky mountains.

But paradise never lasts. Grassy plains turned to ice and snow, and food became scarcer with each passing day. The once clear, inviting waters turned to vicious cold, and the sun's rays have been absent for a year. The packs grow hungry, and what was once a peaceful alliance has turned into a tension akin to the eye of a stormy war.

Strange happenings are afoot, and death always lurks around every tree.

Hey guys! Attsos here.

So recently I've been developing a roleplay idea, complete with its own map pack (being made by yours truly) as well as a site.

The plotline I have for it in my head is very well-developed - it just hasn't been written down yet. I've been working on a site and map, though if I could get a map made for it so I could work on everything else, that would be better I think. Either way, I'm searching for a few people to help me make it happen.

I'm not active enough to be a leader for a pack, so I would just be a lone type of character that helps drives plot forward whenever I'm roleplaying, as well as helping manage the site etc. since I'm often around online, but not always able to be in-game.

The details of the roleplay are as follows:

• Geared towards somewhat advanced to very advanced roleplayers, but paragraphs upon paragraphs are not necessary. Provided someone puts in plenty of effort in their roleplaying, I would let off grammar mistakes and spelling - medium-level roleplayers would be welcome based on that notion.
  • Primarily a wolf roleplay with five packs, which is why I'm searching for leaders. All leaders would be entirely responsible for their pack's wellbeing and I would not interfere with how they run it unless I have to.
  • The realism of the plot is pretty much fantasy (should you apply to be a pack leader I would explain this to any of you being considered), but characters in the five packs would be realistic.
  • Ranks in the packs would be mostly decided, but should you wish to change any or add any you would be able to request as such.

As for the packs themselves, here's a bit of information about each of them.

• Achuak: The beach folk. They are fantastic swimmers and generally a bit clumsy out of the water. Since the sun disappeared and the water turned to ice, they have grown extremely thick coats and have evolved to have large, slightly webbed paws. They survive on sea creatures, primarily fish that have grown accustomed to the icy waters.
  • Charir: The cave-dwellers. They are tough, resilient canines with long claws for quick digging. Their claws have evolved to be strong enough to scratch at the ice covering the ground, and their ears are usually very large in order to hear small animals hiding underground better.
  • Ulhar: The mountain folk. Extremely sure-footed and calm individuals, their legs are short and strong, living comfortably at perilous heights. Their pawpads are as tough as the rocks they live on.
  • Yrev: The plains tribe. These canines are the lightest on their feet of all, and can run over snow as fast as the wind that sweeps it. They are particularly in-tune to the weather and can sense a storm coming from miles away. They burrow into the snow at night unless there is a storm, in which case they seek shelter in the small, unclaimed caves dotted around Turaia.
  • Aussir: The nomads. This pack has no one set home, and instead has a cycle of dens they move around every week. They consist of the smallest wolves of all the five packs, but are also the wisest. They keep in regular contact with one of the few (dubiously) accepted lone wolves in the land, a wise wolf who claims to be an oracle.
  • Vutha: This is a legendary pack in Turaia's history. Every pack tells their pups the story of the Vutha - a pack so strong, they were said to have powers beyond what any canine can imagine in the present age. The Vutha are a dead breed of canine... Or are they? (Currently only for plot purposes, the Vutha are not open for character applications)

Each pack will have its own territory (including Aussir) and their names are subject to change if a leader should desire it. Think of each pack as a people, rather than a pack. You're free to add your own rules to your pack as you see fit, but there will be set ranks and rules for each one otherwise. Everything is subject to change - if you want to change a rank's name or add a new one, you're free to.

All the packs will have more or less the same hierarchy, but not necessarily the same ranks. I will try to individualise each tribe. Leaders will be free to write up information for me to put on the site, or request something be changed. Other than what I've stated, it will absolutely be yours to care for. If you're not very active, I will find someone to replace you.

If you're interested in becoming a leader for it, there is a form below that you can use to apply for a position.

Name: Your character's name.
Age: Wolves in Turaia tend to have a very short lifespan. 8 is considered extremely old, and 1 is considered old enough to no longer be dependant.
Appearance: A link to a screenshot/reference sheet is more than enough here, but if you'd rather put a description then that is also fine. Please make sure it's detailed if you do go for a description!
Personality: Doesn't need to be super detailed.
Fears:
Biography: This also doesn't need to be super detailed. Just points of interest in your character's history is fine.
Which Pack: The pack you would like to apply to be a leader for.
Roleplay Sample: Be honest! There's no point writing paragraphs upon paragraphs if that's not what you roleplay like all the time.

Simply fill it out and put it in a comment below. Don't note me it, a comment will suffice! :) I'll let you know if you have been accepted. Note that I may not decide straight away, as I would like to give everyone a fair chance.

This journal has been posted on my deviantART as well. You can view the journal here.

All leaders have been chosen! Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances, the Chirar leader has had to decline the leadership offer. If anybody would still like to become a leader, the Chirar will be open for applications for a little while longer. Thank you for your time!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 08:10:31 pm by Attsos. »

Art by Kalambo @ dA
My dA

Offline FablesAndMyths

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Turaia [ Seeking Pack Leaders - 0/5 ]
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 01:48:29 am »

Updated

Name: Orion

Appearance:

Personality: (Summary) Fierce, Protective, Masculine, No-nonsense, Blunt. Easily mistaken for a male, her voice even carries the deep vocals of a brute. She will not tolerate threats or insults.

Dislikes: Berries, water.

Fears: Anything extremely bright.

Biography: Born and raised in the pack, the fae had always bared the stature and traits of a brute, resulting in her parents mistakenly giving her a male name. Easily the largest of her littermates, she quickly became the one in charge, looking out for and protecting her siblings. At the age of 2, the former Alpha perished from the harsh environment, and Orion was chosen to fill the rank.

Which Pack: Charir

Roleplay Sample: The steady dripping of water onto stone sounded in the small cave, the noise like a lullaby to the large fae. She lay sprawled out on the cold, smooth stone in her den, muscles relaxed except for the slow rise and fall of her chest. The day had been a long one, consisting mostly of hunting and digging, the dirt under her claws evidence of it all. A cold drop of water landed squarely on Orion's large black nose, causing a twitch of her ears as golden eyes opened. An irritated snort flicked off any of the extra moisture, and the wolf sat up, stretching in an attempt to wake her limbs.

(I could go longer, but I estimated the size of the chat-box. I usually go a little past it or use two full ones, depending on the situation being Role-played)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 05:56:09 pm by Kangarooirwin »
Profile pic by Bawfle <3

Offline vasileva

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Write drunk but edit sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 09:14:56 am »
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 10:43:20 am by *PurpleMuffin* »

Offline Twee

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 05:34:13 pm »
Thank you for applying, guys! <3

I'll let everyone know fairly soon when I've picked out the leaders. :) Good luck!

Art by Kalambo @ dA
My dA

Offline sweetcannibal

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Did someone say pool
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 01:04:51 am »
Name: Mir

Gender: Female (I'd prefer to be female rather than male, because if male I'd have to change characters entirely.)

Appearance: (I do not currently have a FH screenie of her.)

Personality: Usually quiet. She's not afraid to call anyone out on anything. She's loud when she's angry.

Dislikes: Arse wipes. Storms.

Fears: Drowning. Being abandoned by the pack. Being feared by those she cares for.

Biography: Born into a litter of four, Mir and her brother, Tag, were the only ones who survived. When the former leaders died from the cold and hunger, her brother was the one who was going to take their place (he kind of threatened his way into it). Mir knew that he would ruin what was left of the pack (he was very irrational and violent and would sooner kill a pup than share food with it), and challenged him. Throughout their fight, he would not back down, and it became kill or be killed. Mir doesn't much regret killing her brother, it was necessary, but she feels the pack fears her a bit now.

Which Pack: Charir or Aussir.

Roleplay Sample: The white-pelted wolf gazed out at the barren wilderness, bright eyes appearing almost white with the reflection of the snow in them. She yawned, jaws spreading open and revealing large, white fangs. When it was quiet like this, she always ended up thinking too much. About the safety and well-being of the pack. About her brother she killed. About her dead siblings who didn't make it past puphood. She thought about Tag and how he would have drove the pack into their death without a care except for himself. She let out a raged cry, leaping up and striking the snow-covered ground in her rage. It was too quiet. Too cold. She went back to her pack.

(it's kind of terrible but I wasn't sure what to put without a prompt or anything)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 12:34:45 am by SugarCannibal »

Offline Twee

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 02:01:23 am »
Hi there guys! Just quickly before leaders are chosen - the site we'll be using for the pack has undergone some massive changes of late, a few of which may be of interest!

http://turaia.webs.com/rules-and-information <- Here is the link to the page that would be of most use. Throughout the entirety of the page there is information about the world that the roleplay is set in, including pack traditions and ranks. Most importantly however, since genetics is something I did not factor in while initially writing this journal, there is a colour diversity list for each pack somewhere near the bottom of the page. I know changing characters isn't much fun, but in this case it may be advisable to take a look anyway and make any changes you see fit after looking at the information. ;v;

Right now it's mostly the roleplay sample and the character basics (age, gender etc.) that I'm looking at, so appearance and backstory do not need to be finalised. Those will be set when I choose a leader. :)

Sorry for throwing a spanner in the works! Otherwise, I hope you guys find the website useful!

This is probably going to be the final update before leaders are chosen by the end of the week (Sunday), so if you want to change anything, now is the time! Also, spreading the word would be very lovely of you if you have a friend who may be interested. c;

Anyway, final update, etc. etc., thank you for the interest in this roleplay! I hope it is everything people seems to hope it will become. ouo

Art by Kalambo @ dA
My dA

Offline FablesAndMyths

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 07:47:48 pm »
Super! Thank you ~
Profile pic by Bawfle <3

Offline sweetcannibal

• Forum Newcomer
  • Did someone say pool
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 11:53:45 pm »
A'ight. The site looks coolio.

Offline Twee

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Turaia [ Seeking Pack Leaders - 2/5 ]
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 01:46:23 pm »
Updated! Please read the bottom of the first post. :) Most leadership offers have been sent out, but applications to lead the Chirar will be open for a little while longer!

Art by Kalambo @ dA
My dA

Offline jojonemo

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Turaia [ Seeking Pack Leaders - 3/5 ]
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 04:37:33 pm »
Name: Iris
Appearance: A light gray female with a white blaze going down her muzzle. (Like on a horse) Along with a cape-like spot on her rump. along with stripes/spots on her tail. She's got light purple optics and I have no idea how to post a pic e-e
Personality: confident,silent,brave,stern,wise,loyal. [more]
Dislikes: Light areas,soft places.
Fears: Meeting up with her family again.
Biography: A cave-dwelling,stern and proud femoral. She stands her ground for any enemy. She gives no worry for any foe. Size never matters. Aslong as she's living her pack will thrive in the dark caverns of Turaia.
Which Pack: Charir.
Roleplay Sample: The light gray valkyrie sat perched on the large hill. Her tassel softly swaying from left to right. Her audits flickered once in a while as her white lids slid over her light purple viosnaries. She felt a soft smile appear as her facial expression as she heard claws, rasping against the surface of the cavern she was located in. She rotated her cranium slightly to confront the source of the sounds as she blinked calmly and awaited his speach.