Author Topic: ArcheAge  (Read 4984 times)

Offline Twee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
ArcheAge
« on: June 04, 2014, 01:33:26 am »
So, recently I managed to get myself into the alpha of this game, ArcheAge...

It's a fantasy MMORPG with a LOT of different features so far, including PIRACY. PIRATES!

... PIRATES!

While the game is still quite early on in its development, the Beta will be coming up in a month or so for those that are interested in signing up and giving it a go! Currently I'm playing in the Alpha server which I think is different, but I'll be sailing on the open seas as soon as I can.

I also plan on making a guild of frands for everyone that wants to join me in my misadventures (I've died so much already). If anyone manages to get in, give me a PM and I'd totally be up for playing with anyone!

If you're interested in having a closer look at the game itself and all its awesome features, check out the site here!

So yeah y'know if you're up for it, sign up to the site! It looks super fun already, with amazing roleplaying potential. I really hope this game takes off!

Art by Kalambo @ dA
My dA

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
Re: ArcheAge
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 02:34:52 am »
CAP'N ANDY TROUT AT YER SERVISHHHHH

i still can't believe you bought it

duuude its so much
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 02:37:29 am by Spottedbears »

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

wolfdog01

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 03:35:46 am »
Jeez that game looks awesome!
I love the design and every for it, glad you shared it with us!

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 12:28:01 pm »
That game looks awesome!! I might try to join sometime!

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 01:48:47 pm »
:O

This game looks totally epic! I love the graphics and the freedom. *signs up rapidly*

Offline Twee

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 04:36:54 pm »
CARPTAIN ARNDY TROUT

Soon matey attsos will be roamin' the high seas so yall better HIDE YO' FIRST MATES, HIDE YO' CARPTAINS for i am a strong independent elf woman

AHHH GuYS I REALLY HOPE WE GET TO PLAY THE BETA TOGETHER

From what I understand it, the Beta will be closed and split into various events on a test server separate from the Alpha server. However I think I also have access to that server, so if any of you guys manage to get into the Beta, I'll be able to play with you! ;v;;;

so exciiiited, the Beta starts pretty soon!

Art by Kalambo @ dA
My dA

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 09:04:36 pm »
This looks like a very neat game, so far - what caught my attention was the player driven economy and ocean gameplay. ArcheAge must be a real nice game, must see what happens with it while it's in beta.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Twee

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 06:18:39 am »
It's absolutely brilliant! I've literally been completely hooked on it and have already found myself at level 30 since I first posted this topic. It's very, very addictive - though I've already learned a heck of a lot about the game that I can share now.

The character creation is pretty extensive. You can change the facial structure a lot, including eyes, nose and mouth, though there aren't many hairstyles so far and the colours for it are quite dark due to the shading and hair textures. It's pretty nice though!

The player-driven economy, as FoxPhilosopher mentioned, is INCREDIBLE. You mine iron ores and if you're lucky, a Fortuna Vein which can get you gold, silver, copper and other stuff like that. Then you can either auction it off or sell it. You can grow your own crops in farmland you place using a Scarecrow plot, and you can also farm livestock to get certain things like wool from sheep, milk from cows etc. which you can either use to make cloth (with wool - used for ships and cloth armour crafting) or sell on. Everything you can farm and mine can also be used in trade runs.

Trade runs get you a lot of gold or Gilda stars, which are a separate currency used on Mirage Island. Mirage sells a lot of premium things such as houses, which you can store things in and buy furniture for. You can also buy castles and other larger structures like mansions which can be used as guild houses.

Guilds are able to get a lot more resources faster than solo players. I've only been playing for a few days with my guild (I met them by complete chance and ended up sticking with them) but we already have a galleon ship and a few smaller boats. My guildmate and family member (in-game) Sovren and I are currently tasked with building a trade ship so we can carry trade packs (which comprise of stacks of 100 resources, generally improved ones such as ingots made by smelting ore) and get gold faster for the guild. After that we plan on building a house, though it requires a lot of farming...

And that's basically it so far. The story questline stops very abruptly at around level 30, but it is Alpha so I'm assuming that that won't be staying as it is.

;v; All the information I've got is basically just from playing! During Beta I'll be rush-farming as practice for launch. If you get into the Beta and want to party up with me, feel absolutely free! I'll help you out no problem!

Art by Kalambo @ dA
My dA