Author Topic: ~I got Feral Heart to work for Ubuntu!~  (Read 2669 times)

Offline FelisLupus

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
~I got Feral Heart to work for Ubuntu!~
« on: October 10, 2014, 05:35:04 pm »
I need help. I FINALLY got FH to work, but it's very slow and laggy. I haven't logged in yet, but I want to change the options first. The trees have no almost leaves, yet the water is reflective. How do I disable the reflective water? And is there a way to "lower" the graphics like WolfQuest? I really want to play because I haven't been on in a long time! I downloaded DirectX9 from PlayOnLinux, and that seems to be the missing piece. What do the other options mean, like "floating point mode" and "vsync"? I know Bonfire Island and Fluorite Plains are laggy because of the people, so there isn't much I can do about that. Also when it starts, there is either a white or black screen then it asks "Force Quit or Wait?" and I choose "Wait" then it takes some time to get up and running, then it lags while going in a circle around Fluorite Plains like it's supposed to at the log-in screen. It's difficult to hover my mouse around the screen. Also, the bushes are kind of black and flat. How do I change this? Can you help me? PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 05:50:09 pm by Erin »
Hi this is FelisLupus. Do you have any accounts on these:

www.wolfquest.org: erin1234erin
www.youtube.com: FluffyCatGirl1
www.freerealms.com: IreneWolfCandy
www.clubpenguin: Lime62341
(If so,please PM me. thanks!)

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: ~I got Feral Heart to work for Ubuntu!~
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 05:22:22 am »
FeralHeart is a PC game and it's graphics and programing were made on PC computers. The reason it's all broken when you transferred it to Linux is because of that. FeralHeart runs on Windows the best, it wasn't made to be run on Linux computers, because Linux computers have a different function.

Since no one really attempted to run FeralHeart on Linux computers using transferring programs, we sadly can't help you. At least as far as I know.

Offline Kwibjo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 07:04:29 am »
You can disable reflective water in game though Options > Video > Water Reflection

DO NOT DO THIS IF YOUR COMPUTER DOES NOT HAVE A DISCRETE NVIDIA GPU
As for making your game smoother... try installing Optimus onto your machine if you havn't already.
Tutorial here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/452556/how-to-set-up-nvidia-optimus-bumblebee-in-14-04

Shell Prisoner has provided code for running the game in optimus mode which utilizes your discrete GPU
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/bash
cd ~/games/FeralHeart
optirun -b virtualgl wine ./FeralHeart.exe $@ > ./gamerun.log 2>&1
exit 0

save this as FH.sh in your home folder (~/) and execute it in terminal with:
cd ~/
FH.sh

And cross your fingers that it works.  :)

Not around much anymore but add me on Discord if you want to chat. jellyfish2224

Offline FelisLupus

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 07:09:37 pm »
FeralHeart is a PC game and it's graphics and programing were made on PC computers. The reason it's all broken when you transferred it to Linux is because of that. FeralHeart runs on Windows the best, it wasn't made to be run on Linux computers, because Linux computers have a different function.

Since no one really attempted to run FeralHeart on Linux computers using transferring programs, we sadly can't help you. At least as far as I know.

Is there anyway I can "lower the detail"? Like with all the fancy leaves and stuff? Is there different modes like WolfQuest, where they had basic colors for slow computers?

Offline shell_prisoner

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 10:16:49 pm »
FH runs smooth on any recent hardware in Ubuntu, even with "vanilla" Wine. Just make sure if you have drivers installed, and switch to OpenGL in FH settings.

glxinfo | grep renderer

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 06:28:26 am »

Is there anyway I can "lower the detail"? Like with all the fancy leaves and stuff? Is there different modes like WolfQuest, where they had basic colors for slow computers?
the only way to lower the graphics of the game is to disable water reflections. you can't decrease the graphics like on wolfquest on this game.

i never had even seen an Linux computer so im completely clueless on anything about it and Ubuntu.

Offline FelisLupus

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 07:34:25 pm »
FH runs smooth on any recent hardware in Ubuntu, even with "vanilla" Wine. Just make sure if you have drivers installed, and switch to OpenGL in FH settings.

glxinfo | grep renderer

How do I download it? I can't get OpenGL...