Author Topic: Gliders  (Read 2598 times)

Majesty

Gliders
« on: April 07, 2011, 01:06:16 pm »

Species:

Gliders are canine creatures that basically have wings, but are too small to get them flying. So they glide. Gliders can be ANY canine mixed with any bird, but not any other species.

Body:

Gliders have longer limbs than their canine relatives. They have hollow bones like avians, which allows them to glide, but the bones are too thick for actual flying. They can give themselves a boost to get a quick escape glide, but really, it'd be best if they jump off a high place.

The markings are always a mix of its bird and its canine. Some will take more of the bird markings, like Cardinal here, and some will take more after the wolf parent. The ones with more bird markings are lighter, longer, and built for speed and can usually glide very long distances. The ones with more canine in them are usually heavier, especially in the skull. They are built more for the ground, for hunting and fighting.

Note: Since the skulls are slightly thicker than the rest of their bones, this makes them top heavy and horrible swimmers.

Temperment:

This can vary greatly. They can not be domesticated, but are usually fond of their family members.

Breeding:

Gliders can breed with any canine species normally. This does not, however, produce another Glider. It may, or may not, but it is very rare that you will breed a Glider and another normal canine and get another Glider.

Other Gliders can also breed easily, but again, this does not mean you will get a Glider. You have a better chance of it than with a normal canine, but it is not guaranteed.

The reason it is so hard to breed them and get them to produce another Glider is because Gliders are man made. They are experiments, given 2% avian DNA. (For all of you that have read Maximum Ride, you'd get this 8D) They were released into the wild as experiments, and were left to see if they could survive on their own.

Living Area:

They usually live in high, airy areas like canyons and mountains. They do NOT live in the city, but if food is scarce enough, they can wander to the edge of cities to look for scraps.

This is an open species anybody can make :3

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:19:00 pm by Brittany »

Offline Saige

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • I whip mah tail back 'n forth
    • View Profile
Re: Gliders
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 01:45:43 pm »
Maximum ride ^^ A good series xD
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. ~Oscar Wilde

Offline Kamaete

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • Wings would be good if I weren't afraid of heights
    • View Profile
    • Kama-ItaeteXIII @ DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 02:24:44 pm »
Looks cute, kind of like a Simmurgh (in that  is's a bird/dog) but cuter.  I wanna make one. :3
...In my pants.

Solvic

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 02:41:19 pm »
This species seems intresting. I'm going to keep a track on this thread~