Author Topic: How to make Presets! (Should work for almost all)  (Read 3562 times)

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
How to make Presets! (Should work for almost all)
« on: November 24, 2014, 08:37:27 am »
Ever annoyed at those times you've worked hard on something and then it doesn't work? Well, today, I'm showing you how to fix that problem with Presets!

Presets are basically like having more markings that you make and more colors! They can be made with almost any art-making program but Paint and I bet a few other random art makers... Now, to the making of them.

Step one: Click My_preset in your feral heart folder, next click one or two or copy the body, tail and head references, these three are the necessary ones needed.

Step two: Middle-click your preset or reference part and then the fun part... Coloring! Make it as wild or pretty as you want! It's your preset now!

Step three: After your done with your parts, Export them as a .png file, here is a example of how the name has to be, preset_1body.png, the preset part means it's a preset, the number is the preset number (the file your in should be the same) and the body can be any other part in regards to what your doing!

Step four: Open up Feral Heart and click tools-Preset Maker, then click your preset number and your preset should load! If it doesn't here are some tips:

You can try replacing them (in other words, export it again) that is usually it.
Check the names, they might be named wrong.
Make sure images are 512X512

Hope this helped you and I hope I can see your preset too! If this worked, please post a picture of your preset and I'll check it out! Bye!  :D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 11:45:19 pm by Angelica Smith »

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I might return soon? I dunno
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
Re: How to make Presets! (Should work for almost all)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 10:25:14 pm »
Of course, the only art program I have on my computer is Paint. Just my luck.

Either way, great tutorial! :3 In the future I'll probably use dis c:
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 10:31:15 pm »
Ayy, it is supposed to be 512x512.

And when it comes to art programs. Gimp is one which is free.

Thank ye', Angelica. I am sure there are people out there who will find this very useful when starting the preset making.
RETIRED.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 11:44:39 pm »
Ah! No problem at all! I love helping floofs- Most anyways... 'o-O Long story, long problem.