Author Topic: Your opinion on FNAF OCs?  (Read 12382 times)

Offline amperesand

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Your opinion on FNAF OCs?
« on: December 10, 2014, 04:06:18 pm »
You know, the ones that are lurking in Ficho Tunnel.

In my opinion, I don't really mind them. Well, they're having fun, and I guess we should just let them be. But the designs tick me off sometimes. I don't think black and red animatronics are kid-friendly...

I've seen Shadow Balloon Boy once. (He's kind of an OC, I guess? It's not entirely canon.) Yeah, that's kinda okay, since there's the Shadow Bonnie hallucination. But unfortunately, it has red markings and very unnecessary accessories. (He wears two spiked collars and this one... scout glasses thing!) He sounds more like emo phase BB to me. Also, putting "FNAF OC" at the back of the name doesn't sound good. Perhaps one should put "the [insert animal here]" instead or something... IDK.

Yeah, that's my opinion. How 'bout yours?

wolfdog01

Re: Your opinion on FNAF OCs?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 06:27:07 pm »
Ehz, I think it can get a bit out of control sometimes. I mean don't get me wrong, I love watching people play the game but there is just a LOT of OCs everywhere from that and I mean...I think RPing humans on here is fine, because I feel like it is creative and since this is an actual GOOD RP game, I tried finding human ones, even other animal ones...yeahno. But like for FNaF, I feel like it is bland or something...like...Idk..It only bothers me when I am trying to get to Bonfire and I have to go through a blob of FNaF chars at the waterfall in Ficho
But they're ok I suppose

Offline Yognaught

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • ??
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 08:05:41 pm »
I think it's great!

And I'm not just saying that because I'm a FNAF fan.

They certainly have fun, and it allows players to express their ideas, theories and imagination.

But the only think I disagree with is the so-called 'powers.' that the OCs have. e.g. fire powers.

Find me in-game as: mushyroom

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 12:14:32 am »
I think they're fine. I have a FNAF OC myself, and they're just sitting in Ficho and roleplaying/chatting, nothing wrong with that.

I haven't payed too much attention to the designs, but one thing that does bug me is some of their names. All of the FNaF's character's names are very stereotypical, like Freddy the Bear and Bonnie the Bunny. It just annoys me when people's OCs don't match how the show, movie, game, etc. named their characters. That's just a little nitpick from me, but otherwise, I'm perfectly fine with FNaF Ocs.

Offline GhostPuma

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Crazy Fangirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 08:47:35 pm »
I'm okay with them as long as they leave me alone. I have had no problems as of yet, but the future may hold different. Who knows. I am slightly bugged by designs, but I usually excuse it as the fact that you sometimes can't make the character with the in-game markings no matter how hard you try (and sometimes downloading markings won't help). Other times it's the names. I have names such as Leo the Leopard/Panther, Batti the Bat, and the Glitch (dunno what his name was, but he is a wolf and deactivated). I see these crazy names, and i'm like...these are things that kids were supposed to know and love XD! Just like Turtlex, it's just a little nitpick. I even kinda go insane over the names not rhyming e_e. Dunno why, I just do.

As for powers, since I have yet to actually roleplay with one...I can't say I have seen those myself. If I do, I will start internet slapping people >:I (though Bonnie does appear to teleport in game, but I think he's just THAT fast).

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 03:48:24 pm »
Don't worry, I've seen way far worse not kid-friendly characters than these FNAF chars. Consider yourself lucky lol xD

I don't get why people are so worried about the characters' appropriateness... kids will love scary things anyways.

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline wolflover18178

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • Flower crowns make everyone happier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 05:23:01 am »
I have a "Foxy" char e3e

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 07:10:25 pm »
I personally don't mind them...
As long as they're not mauling innocent children and ripping their faces off (you know who you are, Bonnie.), they're not much trouble.
I may or may not be designing my own animatronic as we speak, so...

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Berrymutt

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Huge Critical Role nerd
    • Berrymutt
    • berrymuttbb
    • Berrymutt
    • NickBerrymutt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 07:40:39 pm »
To be completely honest, this whole ''Five Nights At Freddy's'' thing makes me abit annoyed and kinda put a distance between myself and those people. The first few weeks the game came out was fine, I bought it on steam and played around with it. I even got scared by it for awhile, but then after weeks pass I stopped playing the game because I got very bored with it and yet people were still drooling and screaming like children over it. I was honestly quite glad that once the hype for the game died down for a few weeks. Until the second game's trailer came out...Ugh. Same game just a more spookier story right? You have to watch the screen and jump screens galore. Oh and story and plot because why not? I dunno it just seems like the same game only with a number ''2'' after it. I didn't even buy the second game due to me wasting my money  on the first game. I'm usually not the one who is for the Original Characters, because they make them just like the ones in the game. The ones used in the game are left behind and then others become popular and famous and all the fandom and kids love that character and make their own Character just like them. I dunno, I'm not trying to be rude or mean or anything because you can make whatever you like as long as it makes you happy, but I'm just not a fan of them at all.

Avatar made by Ziboe. Signature Made By DOG-BOWL On DeviantArt.
Discord: Berrymutt#0225
Twitch: Berrymutt
Download My Presets

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 06:34:35 pm »
I can't really say that I'm supportive of this but I don't have a issue with it, kinda just like my opinion on the games themselves. As I understand it the games have a deep and elaborate plot hidden under the simple game play so there's plenty of space for people to operate within cannon and even on its fringes. I suppose that I don't care what a person role plays as long as they role play well. Did any of that make sense? probably not.