Author Topic: ~Feral Heart Randomly Lagging and Water Turning White~  (Read 2597 times)

Offline FelisLupus

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
~Feral Heart Randomly Lagging and Water Turning White~
« on: January 15, 2015, 12:31:05 am »
I recently got a new computer that supposedly has GREAT graphics, but I'm confused as to why Feral Heart is lagging. It sometimes did it in the high populated areas such as Bonfire Island and Fluorite Plains on my old one, so I don't think that's the problem. Also, how in the world can it load the water in the character creator smoothly, but the water turns white when go into it? To make the lagging stop for a little bit I have to look away from the ground. Sometimes it's smooth and sometimes it lags out of nowhere. I heard someone say something about alot of people downloading mass markings. Could this be the case?Please help.
Hi this is FelisLupus. Do you have any accounts on these:

www.wolfquest.org: erin1234erin
www.youtube.com: FluffyCatGirl1
www.freerealms.com: IreneWolfCandy
www.clubpenguin: Lime62341
(If so,please PM me. thanks!)

Offline cozyyote

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • owo what's this?
    • cozyyote
    • cozyyote
    • @cozyyote
    • View Profile
    • Telegram Art Channel
Re: ~Feral Heart Randomly Lagging and Water Turning White~
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 01:03:42 am »
Where you on a local map when you lagged? If so, then that would be the cause of too many people on Feralheart. It can happen anywhere. Rarely in private maps. The white water is the result of a missing texture. Just see if that is the case first, before you go doing the downloading of un-needed files. I hope this helps! <3

[EDIT] I realized I asked un-needed questions. XD I just knew those questions. Whale, its the 'GREAT' graphics that is makin you lag. Try reducing them a bit. That might help. ^^ And the water thing have seperate textures in the Ch. Cr. so that is the case. :)

~ Gwy
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 01:08:43 am by Gwynneth »

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 03:00:55 am »
Going off of the above post.

For the water turning white, it may be the material file missing. In the Miscellaneous tutorial section there is a thread labeled Deaful FH Files 4 U! Go to it and download the media folder, that should fix it c: Just replace what it asks to <3

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline FelisLupus

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 08:49:43 pm »
Hey, I'm wondering if instead of a missing file, it didn't download correctly because if I'm swimming high enough, the water is clear like normal. This might also be similar to: http://lastmoon.org/forum/bugs-glitches/~game-crashes-when-loading-character~/new/#new

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 08:58:30 pm »
Missin' file or file that did not download correctly, either way I'd try re-downloadin' the file.

It'd also be good to make sure yer software can actually handle online MMOs like FH. A little research into the model ye' have wouldn't hurt.

I'd also try out changin' yer renderin' system. This suggestion has proven to reduce lag on great lengths in the past. Mayhaps it shall work for ye' too. If push comes to shove, ye' can also turn off yer water reflection and reduce yer in-game view distance. This too can reduce lag quite efficiently.
gone

Offline cozyyote

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • owo what's this?
    • cozyyote
    • cozyyote
    • @cozyyote
    • View Profile
    • Telegram Art Channel
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 09:43:41 pm »
I think you might be missing the texture file for when you go underwater. It has a blue glare... Maybe you are missing that file.

Offline FelisLupus

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 11:35:39 pm »
I don't think this is supposed to happen, but I switched from DirectX to Open GL to test it out and it looked pixel-y (for both games), but when I did it for Feral Heart after I exited out of it and got back to the pre-settings screen, the option for DirectX is gone! My dad is a tech pro and said the new one was for gaming, and Wizard101 and WolfQuest play just fine with minor lags. I tried everything I could like lowering the graphics to the minimum I could and that probably helped a tiny bit.

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 11:55:13 pm »
Have you tried uninstalling the game, and deleting the current Feral Heart folder you have? There might be something wrong with the download when you got it. Cause...I read you uninstalled it, but did you remove the folder?

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline FelisLupus

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 10:19:07 pm »
I had a Ubuntu computer and was trying to play it on that but it was way too slow. I recently got a new computer with Windows 7 and downloaded it just like any other download. I might've tried reinstalling it on Ubuntu, but this is the first time it downloaded on the new one. The start screen was EXTREMELY slow and took nearly forever to get my mouse to a certain point on Ubuntu. I am able to log in and play on Windows, but I don't remember reinstalling it.