Author Topic: My .Fhp files are deleting themselves.  (Read 3001 times)

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
My .Fhp files are deleting themselves.
« on: May 09, 2016, 03:58:56 am »
So this is quite annoying.
All my (Not other peoples) .fhp files are removing themselves from my computer, And its ticking me off quite fast.
I don't understand why, Or how this is happening and how can I fix it?

It seems to occur when my game crashes which is quite annoying, Having to go back every time I open up the game and re-export my preset just to play.

Avatar by Atrociious | Signature by Scottishy

ArcticGalaxy

Re: My .Fhp files are deleting themselves.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 04:32:34 am »
I've actually never heard of this happening, so my suggestion may not help at all, but maybe you should try reinstalling your game?

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 04:38:16 am »
Do you have the preset sync installed/have installed it in the past? It's been awhile since I've used it so I've forgotten the exact details, but I do know what some .php files may be deleted if they aren't moved to a certain folder after being exported.

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 06:39:16 am »
Do you have the preset sync installed/have installed it in the past? It's been awhile since I've used it so I've forgotten the exact details, but I do know what some .php files may be deleted if they aren't moved to a certain folder after being exported.

No I do not have the Installer on this computer as I only got it this year and haven't had the time to get around to it. I do my presets the old fashion way by just sending the .fhp file around to people. But seeing the game removes the .fhp files themselves and nothing else I found it quite odd and annoying.

It has only removed my .fhp files seeing all my friends are still there.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 11:38:47 am »
I've only have this happen to me when I've been using the same preset for two different accounts and then crashing and logging into my secondary account, it then deleted the preset for the main account without much trace of why.

I'm afraid I do not have a solution either, but maybe try to have 2 different preset folders and preset_3 and preset_4 for example, where they have one each if this is your case. Shouldn't really matter to be honest, but I had the issue 3 times and every time from switching between accounts. I haven't had this issue for years.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 12:34:15 pm »
I've only have this happen to me when I've been using the same preset for two different accounts and then crashing and logging into my secondary account, it then deleted the preset for the main account without much trace of why.

I'm afraid I do not have a solution either, but maybe try to have 2 different preset folders and preset_3 and preset_4 for example, where they have one each if this is your case. Shouldn't really matter to be honest, but I had the issue 3 times and every time from switching between accounts. I haven't had this issue for years.

Well I am glad that I am not the only person with this issue. It has happened to me before I even thought of switching accounts. And even on the case of me trying to fix this issue (re-exporting my preset) the character I had placed it on crashed my whole game.

Its quite an odd glitch/error, I had discovered it had booted/moved my files over into the My_Presets folder and now they are a option when selecting the folders (On the Edit Preset option in game). I might give my game a clean out. It is quite strange.

If nobody else has any solution this may be locked seeing there is no actual fix to this issue.

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 08:00:47 pm »
You said it happens after you export then crash?

It might be that it hasn't saved the file to the folder just yet to remain. Have you tried exporting then closing and rebooting?
Not sure if it'll help or not, but this usually helps with things not saving.

Wish you luck on fixing the problem though dearest!
~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 09:56:35 pm »
You said it happens after you export then crash?

It might be that it hasn't saved the file to the folder just yet to remain. Have you tried exporting then closing and rebooting?
Not sure if it'll help or not, but this usually helps with things not saving.

Wish you luck on fixing the problem though dearest!
~ Whisper

No, it happens once my game crashes, Either random crashing or forced crashing my files are either moved or deleted.
I check that they have been saves somewhere first, And if they weren't saved how can I still put it on my character in the game and run around with it until my game dies.

I have re-installed feralheart and mannaged go get my hands on the Preset Sync again but this issue continues.
This is more frustrating then entertaining anymore seeing I am in a few active roleplays with presets that I an required to wear.
Hopefully we find out the issue soon enough why the game is doing this.

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 12:54:12 am »
Updated:

I have recently tried what Whisperwaves suggested and now it seems my files aren't exporting at all anymore.
I exported the preset and then closed the game, Re-opened it and tested to see if it was there and it wasn't.

So it has to do with the My_Preset folder (That I reloaded into my game) or one of the presets I have made.
I doubt it would have to do with the males and Items I have put in, again if anyone has any clue how to help please do.
I don't want to have the game ruined for me because of some silly little issue.