Poll

What do YOU think about the new update?

Awesome
Great
It's Okay..
don't like it.
I HATE it!

Author Topic: The New update/Patch causes people to leave?  (Read 4556 times)

Offline Skorpylu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • :^
    • View Profile
The New update/Patch causes people to leave?
« on: June 12, 2016, 10:20:34 pm »
Hellow fellow floofs, Vee here, and I wanted to talk about a small problem that started just about when the new Patch was released.

BEFORE anyone decides about his/her opinion, I want you all to give FH a chance. The community is taking a big part in this, and we all want your support. Take your time, venture out into all the new lands, go see what's out there! Maybe there's a place you like so much! Don't say ' 'OMG WTH HAPPENED TO THIS GAME IM OUTA HERE"
OR like this: "this is so awesome! hey YOU! you HATE this? GO AWAY NOONE LIKES U"
NO. just NO. FH has a really special community, and we never want to change that :)
be respectfull of everyones opinion, yes indeed, express yourself, and don't hate other peoples opinions. You have your own, why shouldn't they?

You have to admit, basically everything in FH that has to do with maps/places+ is totally different.
((Thank god someone updated the mass markings and the items!))
But the HUGE, and when I say huge I mean, HUGE, problem is... it causes more and more people to leave FH everyday. The 'Leaving' Topic is being spammed with leaving threads, and everyone that I have looked at so far has been at LEAST, PARTIALLY  because of the update.
Now, let's start off by giving some reasons for the people who are leaving, before the people who completely disagree with them start hate to them.

Here are some of their Update reasons:
#3:  They think it has changed FH completely, and that it will never be the same, not the one they were so fond of.
#2: They think the update was really unnecessary, and their beloved lands, such as bonfire & FP are gone, and everything is just too.. different. They just hate it. (of course this reason is more opinion-based, judgment is completely NOT tolerated.)

#1: This is the most common reason, it's also a reason that can be dealt with, but the people simply do not have the patience, or they have earned their right (well, hard to put in words). here it is...

They feel like noobs all over again.  

it's a reason well... okay, here.       People have spent their time on FH, have become experts, and all that, now everything is so different. for everyone. It just doesn't seem fair. This can be dealt with, with some patience, spending some time in FH...some moretime for these people...

You understand right?
Now, I don't take sides, so here is something for the people who actually are at least okay with this:
-FH had to change at some point. It would get boring and more senior members would leave with the same old stuff going on everyday.
-It would be fun to explore a new world
-It's actually more decorated and  more realistic now, RP groups (packs, tribes, clans..etc.)and we all find different lands that suit us all.
-Not much has changed regarding the people in the game.

(R.I.P. Mate center & adoption, haven't seen them for a while now..)

It's actually very interesting if you think about it.

MY opinion:

I made this big, because it's MY opinion. (sorry, I just had to do that for boredom issues.)

Here is my idea{I repeat}  Idea

Keep in mind that I actually think the update is anew adventure for us to explore. ~Sometimes, even for the elders, its time to move on.~

They should have done everything that they did, but keep at least bonfire and/or FP.
That way people could hang out in more spaces, with all these new worlds, but for other people who preferred the old grounds, then they could go there and chill.
Well, I'm fine with the past lands gone, but maybe people who were a little, much attached to the old FH would like this better.

But ALSO keep in mind that it would prevent people from exploring. they would be like "oh cool, new lands, cool, lets go back to bonfire now.'
((this is only for a small amount of people of course)

Over all:

whether you hate the update, whether you love it, whether you don't care about haters or lovers and just simply want to enjoy the game (we need more of those! xD) Make sure you THANK THE ADMINS,MODS+OTHERS who made this happen! If it wasn't for them, there'd be no FH at all! these forums wouldn't be here for you to complain, express, reason, or bring peace for you to type in!!!! so make sure you thank them, they big chubby bears who eat your ears when u sleepin  ;D
What do YOU think?

always respect everyone, and everyone's opinion. If you can't do that, don't post your own opinions.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 11:20:55 pm by ~Vee~ »

Returning member, feel free to say hi!

ArcticGalaxy

Re: The New update/Patch causes people to leave?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 10:25:38 pm »
To me honestly, the people that leave the game because it has changed just never gave it a chance. I know it is their decision, but it still bothers me. It would take no time for them to learn their ways through the maps and get settled in. I have rather well. And as for the idea of a couple of the old maps staying, I kind of agree with you there. I too made a thread to have all of the old maps downloadable for the game, but there are a lot of issues with that. But yeah, that's just what I think of all of this.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 10:26:23 pm »

#2: They think the update was really unnecessary, and their beloved lands, such as bonfire & FP are gone, and everything is just too.. different. They just hate it. (of course this reason is more opinion-based, judgment is completely NOT tolerated.)

Honestly, they can't complain for THAT reason.
For many years users have asked for an update of FeralHeart, and even though this is more of an overhaul/mod of FH, this is at least an update of some sort - isn't that what everyone wanted? What I find particularly irritating is that some users continue to complain even though the Staff have done exactly what users have asked for. Now although nothing was edited via the source code, there is still a new atmosphere and sense of adventure to FeralHeart, just like when FeralHeart was originally released - when everyone was running around then trying to find out which way was which. Sure, it's sad to see such maps go from FeralHeart when we've all made some decent memories there, but change happens and people have to adapt to these changes; people have to accept that the FeralHeart Staff have done this to renew what was once created when FH was first released.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Skorpylu

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 10:34:24 pm »

Honestly, they can't complain for THAT reason.
For many years users have asked for an update of FeralHeart, and even though this is more of an overhaul/mod of FH, this is at least an update of some sort - isn't that what everyone wanted? What I find particularly irritating is that some users continue to complain even though the Staff have done exactly what users have asked for. Now although nothing was edited via the source code, there is still a new atmosphere and sense of adventure to FeralHeart, just like when FeralHeart was originally released - when everyone was running around then trying to find out which way was which. Sure, it's sad to see such maps go from FeralHeart when we've all made some decent memories there, but change happens and people have to adapt to these changes; people have to accept that the FeralHeart Staff have done this to renew what was once created when FH was first released.
To me honestly, the people that leave the game because it has changed just never gave it a chance. I know it is their decision, but it still bothers me. It would take no time for them to learn their ways through the maps and get settled in. I have rather well. And as for the idea of a couple of the old maps staying, I kind of agree with you there. I too made a thread to have all of the old maps downloadable for the game, but there are a lot of issues with that. But yeah, that's just what I think of all of this.

I agree with you both! and shurtle, it is true that we have been asking, and the big thing, people complain about it. maybe at least stay the least a week maybe? I mean, they don't really actually explore the maps, maybe a quick walk through, they just don't want to put up with it.

Still, not taking a side here

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 10:43:26 pm »
This is truly sad. In my opinion lovea c:

To be fair, it's too soon to make such a call when the game's update / Mod Haul / Whatever you wish to call it was released only a few days ago. Yes, there was going to be a change and yes, this change was made for VERY good reasons.

- No one knew who created the maps / how to properly credit the makers. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here but with the new maps, we know who made what and we know where they came from.

- Maps were huge and bare with only a few things here and there. Not blaming anyone when it came to the lag part because I tend to lag in such areas but it gave users, correction, some users issues because of the size and it really took a toll on us. Now I do lag in some areas in the newer maps but they're not as bad. Sure I changed my settings but even that did little to nothing. Computers nowadays are expensive and some people kept quiet and just braced through it.

- Maps could be problematic and not all the staff could be everywhere at once. Bonfire was practically a hotspot of trolls, bad behavior at least in my opinion and it was troublesome but blocking everyone can be impossible. Not saying there won't be any issues with the new maps, just saying.

I can go on and on about this, but that will probably tune people out and they'll jump over, skip this so I'll just get right to it.

Staff could've let Feral-Heart died with the creator leaving and the source code gone, but they didn't. They have endured the hate and criticism from users that aren't pleased with the changes and they're still doing what they feel is right for the community. There may be those that can't accept the changes but there are those that are willing to try and see things differently and from another angle. Before there was a lot of people complaining about nothing happening to Feral-Heart and wanting to leave and that's what happened. Even now when you finally get what you want you find a way to see issues with it. It may not be what your intentionally doing but actions speaks louder than words. It's easy to sit behind a screen and rant all day when you probably dont know how it all went down. The time it took out of their lives to try and please at least a majortiy here only to get this as the result. Not everyone can be pleased, that's life.
To be fair, the update is only a few days old. I can see if it was a few months, even years old then yeah i can understand...but that's not the case yet. It has been 4+ years(?) Since this game had an update, so it's reasonable that users are going to feel attached because it's been the same for years. But changes happen and things happen for a reason.

That being said, I do respect the wishes of others that feel like the update was a bad call and all, it may not seem like it because of my ranting and I'm sorry if I offended people are cause some to look at me differently now, but this is my opinion and this is how I feel about this whole situation.

So with that being said, I just wish that this sort thing happened after possibly months later instead of a few days later.

Interesting little topic nonetheless. ~

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Rizzla

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 10:52:13 pm »
I agree. FH had to change eventually. A month or so ago I came to the conclusion that this place was dead, but now that the first update in years is here I think we can all say this game is far from done.

Tons of people left over the past few months because they got tired of the same old FeralHeart. They'd been told things would never change, so why bother staying? When the update happened hundreds of people logged on to have a look. I'm sure plenty more made an account around that time. You can't please everyone. It all evens out eventually. What old members we lost we gained in newbies. The game has changed, and so will the community.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 10:54:51 pm »
Staff could've let Feral-Heart died with the creator leaving and the source code gone, but they didn't. They have endured the hate and criticism from users that aren't pleased with the changes and they're still doing what they feel is right for the community. There may be those that can't accept the changes but there are those that are willing to try and see things differently and from another angle. Before there was a lot of people complaining about nothing happening to Feral-Heart and wanting to leave and that's what happened. Even now when you finally get what you want you find a way to see issues with it. It may not be what your intentionally doing but actions speaks louder than words. It's easy to sit behind a screen and rant all day when you probably dont know how it all went down. The time it took out of their lives to try and please at least a majortiy here only to get this as the result. Not everyone can be pleased, that's life.
To be fair, the update is only a few days old. I can see if it was a few months, even years old then yeah i can understand...but that's not the case yet. It has been 4+ years(?) Since this game had an update, so it's reasonable that users are going to feel attached because it's been the same for years. But changes happen and things happen for a reason.

[/color]
I agree very strongly with this. Change happens. The wellbeing of the majority of the community, which have become more active during the update and are satisfied with the changes, outweigh the select few who do not like it.
It's still bad that people feel that way about the update, but there shouldn't be a change back, or reason to leave the game because of a few unhappy people. I do believe that someone is making a mod pack that will "recreate" the old FH with custom maps and interface, however, so I suggest those who are unhappy check that out.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Preach

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 02:46:20 pm »
People just doesn't give new things a chance. If i am correct, this game mostly surrounded by teenagers and younger children, so of course they will feel the need to leave. Maybe there are some people who didn't want the game to change? I can speak for them but it's just possible inconveniences. Also, the dance moves? Maybe they disliked the fact the butt swings were removed.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 04:26:16 pm »
Right, ok. I'm glad this has been brought up.

So the update has brought about a big change, we all know this. And some people don't like change and while others cope really well with it, others don't. I know those of us who have been here a really long are going to miss all the old places and the time we spent there, myself included - I made some great memories back in the day in the old Bonfire and Ficho.
But for me, the 'original' game felt rushed and unfinished. This update has given us a vast and detailed world for us all to explore. And whether people like it or not, we should be grateful. Without question. The staff and other volunteers worked very hard on this project on their own accord.
Speaking of being grateful, I think some people (not all, just some) who have decided to pack up and leave have been particularly ungrateful. When all the hard work you've done gets thrown back in your face, it's hurtful. "I HATE THE NEW UPDATE I WANT THE OLD MAPS BACK BRING OLD MAPS BACK WAAAHH!" You know, that's not very nice. Yes, I know when people are sat behind a screen they feel invincible and don't take a moment to think about how other people may feel. But they should. In all aspects of life other peoples' feelings need to be taken into consideration. It's called compassion, people!
And at the end of the day, let's be real people, it is just a game. And there is much more to life than FeralHeart, even if for some it is a big part of their life. Even if for instance the game was removed from the picture, the forum still exists and the community still exists. The people you made friends with aren't gone. The point I'm trying to make here being that there are much worse things that could be happening in your life than a game update and you not liking the update.

K, I think I'm done...

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Skorpylu

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 11:45:26 pm »
everyone has their opinions. and feel free as a bird to share them! but always remember to be grateful for the things you are given and always take advantage of it some way. Always give everything a chance :)