Author Topic: Unique and improved FH & IT game idea  (Read 5885 times)

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
Unique and improved FH & IT game idea
« on: July 13, 2016, 08:06:05 am »
All I really want right now is feedback on whether or not this game would be desirable within the FH and IT communities. This game is only an idea and will not be completed or even begin development for a long time.

What about the game being raleted to FH and IT?

The game would be similar to FH and IT, but more refined and include many more features. It will definitely have it's own spices to seperate it from FH and any of the online IT servers. An exact, or near exact, replica would just be absurd.

Is this game meant to be a replacement of FH and IT?

Absolutely not. It will be its own entity, and I in no way want to replace something that people love. It'll simply be available for those who want to play and enjoy the features that the game will have.

What features will the game have that is similar to FH and IT?

• Multiple playable species
  • Character customisation
  • Presets
  • Prey
  • Pets
  • Items
  • The ability to make/add your own items
  • The ability to make/add your own character customization
  • The ability to make/add your own maps
  • Map maker
  • Weather maker
  • Preset maker
  • Object maker
  • Sharing custom items, maps, presets, and other character customizations through download

What features will the game have that FH an IT don't have?

• No more having to deal with Ogre and confusing manual converting! Yay!
  • Map maker: land scupting and texture painting tools
  • Map maker: river and lake tools
  • Map maker: Music/ambience/sfx tools
  • Preset and object maker: material editing tools
  • Weather maker: more weather variety and refined editing options
  • Adding an item maker; item importer and managing tools, also including material editing tools
  • Allowing items and objects to be rigged
  • System that allows custom items and other character customizations to not depend on a list order and display properly for other players who download them
  • Implemented exporter/converter for maps, items, objects, and presets for sharing so they cannot be stolen and used for other games (will also include permanent credits to the creator of the content and forced usage permissions so they also can't be stolen or misused within the game)
  • Open world; no seperate official maps
  • A single portal that will take you to any custom map you've downloaded
  • Teleportation options for quick travelling, but only to specific predetermined spots
  • And much more

I should also add that this game will be heavily forused on roleplay and chat. Don't expect it to have any survival features like WolfQuest. It will not be a wildlife simulator. Features that have not been listed on this post will only be included if it enhances the roleplaying experience.

With that said, feel free to share more ideas if you happen to have any. Otherwise, let me know how you feel about this project.

If you've noticed my other game idea/project threads (if not, feel free to skip reading the rest of this post):

*insert manly heroic voice for no reason at all*
"But aren't you working on a Warrior Cats game? And what about that other mmorpg you mentioned forever ago? When are these ideas going to stop?"

Don't worry concerned reader. It'll be kept on my to do list for years to come (I know that doesn't sound promising at all, forgive me).

The mmorpg is also on my to do list, and it will very much be made. Sometime. In the far, far future when I know the quality of my games are a little more than just decent (it'll be big, and intertwined with the stories of my novels I'm writing. I am personally, overly obsessed with them and have been for over 10 years so I can guarantee you that I wont lose interest. It is my eternal fandom).

As for the WC game. That will be completed before any of the other games I come up with begin development, including this one here. Don't worry about the WC game suddenly disappearing into the abyss of no return. I wont let that happen.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 08:13:07 am by Alphabet »

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Unique and improved FH & IT game idea
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 08:19:01 am »
This sounds like an awesome game! I would play it for sure. ^^

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 08:27:36 am »
Could have potential.  Good luck.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 11:16:29 am »
I think the game would sound nice. :3

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 01:56:36 pm »
Sounds pretty neat, actually ^^ Hopefully there'd be birbs to play as >.>

You are amazing <3

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 02:34:37 pm »
Sounds like a very interesting concept! Wish you the best of luck~!
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 02:38:45 pm »
Would be rather interesting to see the two concepts of IT and FH (although similar) put together and merged into one full game. Although I'm quite sure if this was to happen, the "FH" side of things would just feel like IT anyway; unless the game models were placed in there with the mass markings and etc. I'd love to see this happen!

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 05:06:08 pm »
Sounds pretty neat, actually ^^ Hopefully there'd be birbs to play as >.>

Absolutely. There would be more species than just canines and felines. Although, they would be kept within skeletal types and just use deformation sliders like FH has to change them into other species. For example, you can choose an equine and make it look like a horse or a zebra. This would keep the actual amount of character models down and also give people freedom to sort of create their own species if they wanted to. Basic fantasy creatures would also be included.

Would be rather interesting to see the two concepts of IT and FH (although similar) put together and merged into one full game. Although I'm quite sure if this was to happen, the "FH" side of things would just feel like IT anyway; unless the game models were placed in there with the mass markings and etc. I'd love to see this happen!

The game would have its own models and textures. It might not look like either game at all. Basically, it would only have the same features that were mentioned. That's all that would be similar.

Offline Chknsoup

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Beyonce's chosen one
    • smol
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 05:49:19 pm »
hmm! i love this idea, i feel like this game if ever made could make it pretty far and gain lots of attention from people in this community! great thinking friendo <3
slaying since the 90's

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 05:51:29 pm »
Thank all of you for your compliments. :3