Author Topic: Meshes not appearing?  (Read 1886 times)

Offline DangusMangus

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Most active on my dA
    • CatCoveredInChalk
    • View Profile
Meshes not appearing?
« on: November 03, 2016, 11:25:50 am »
Hello.

The title says it all.
Even after years of experience, I still stumble on this problem that I can't get over.

I tried exporting, I tried moving .fho files into the  objects folder but nothing seems to be the case.
I imagine this being something similar when you download a map and objects are not appearing, or not?
I don't know, thus I'm asking for some help regarding this situation.

Some screenies to possible help out the situation.

Oh, and all the objects I'm using are in one large object file to keep it all sorted. And all the meshes I'm missing I've very recently added to my game, so maybe that's the case?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 11:42:22 am by HelloKitez4Ever »
In-game - Orchee
deviantART - CatCoveredInChalk

Offline DangusMangus

• Most active on my dA
    • CatCoveredInChalk
    • View Profile
Re: Meshes not appearing?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 11:31:21 am »

In-game - Orchee

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 12:26:08 pm »
As far as I know there's no need to put the .fho files anywhere but the exports folder, did your game ever freeze or stop responding or lag while exporting? That could easily corrupt your file. It might help to make several smaller files sorted like this: sigLogs, sigFlowers, sigPineTrees, sigBushes, etc. (sig = signature, I use this to prevent my files from mixing with other peoples stuff and causing even more problems.)
Be very careful not to click or push any buttons until you are sure the exporting has stopped!
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline DangusMangus

• Most active on my dA
    • CatCoveredInChalk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 12:48:00 pm »
As far as I know there's no need to put the .fho files anywhere but the exports folder, did your game ever freeze or stop responding or lag while exporting? That could easily corrupt your file. It might help to make several smaller files sorted like this: sigLogs, sigFlowers, sigPineTrees, sigBushes, etc. (sig = signature, I use this to prevent my files from mixing with other peoples stuff and causing even more problems.)
Be very careful not to click or push any buttons until you are sure the exporting has stopped!

Now that you mention it, it did freeze when exported the map. I think that's because of all the meshes it has to load and such.. Not too sure, but I'll do as you said. I'll make smaller object files.

I'll update when I'll be back.
In-game - Orchee

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 12:52:22 pm »
Best of luck to you! ^.^
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 03:06:51 pm »
I'm just going to add.

You said you used objects recently added to your game? And then organized them into their own groups? This could be the holdup. It's not a bad thing that you put them into their own groups, that's quite fine, but when you did this did you make sure to not only save the objects but export them from Object Maker as well? I've noticed that a lot of the time an object shows up in a map in Map Maker but not in-game, it's likely due to that particular object having not been exported from Object Maker. Exporting the object usually fixed the problem and everything appeared as it should. The Save button in Object Maker works the same as it does in Map Maker; it only saves progres on something you're working on, but for you and others to use it properly, it must be exported.

Give this a shot if all else fails, it won't effect your map, or at least it shouldn't. Once that's all done give the map a test-run in-game to make sure the objects are showing up as they do in Map Maker.

Side note: if an object you used is a default object that the game came with, and isn't showing up in your map, export it from Object Maker but TO ITS OWN GROUP! Don't tamper with the "vanilla" files, this will only cause more problems

By the way, awesome map!

Offline DangusMangus

• Most active on my dA
    • CatCoveredInChalk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 03:29:00 pm »
I'm just going to add.

You said you used objects recently added to your game? And then organized them into their own groups? This could be the holdup. It's not a bad thing that you put them into their own groups, that's quite fine, but when you did this did you make sure to not only save the objects but export them from Object Maker as well? I've noticed that a lot of the time an object shows up in a map in Map Maker but not in-game, it's likely due to that particular object having not been exported from Object Maker. Exporting the object usually fixed the problem and everything appeared as it should. The Save button in Object Maker works the same as it does in Map Maker; it only saves progres on something you're working on, but for you and others to use it properly, it must be exported.

Give this a shot if all else fails, it won't effect your map, or at least it shouldn't. Once that's all done give the map a test-run in-game to make sure the objects are showing up as they do in Map Maker.

Side note: if an object you used is a default object that the game came with, and isn't showing up in your map, export it from Object Maker but TO ITS OWN GROUP! Don't tamper with the "vanilla" files, this will only cause more problems

By the way, awesome map!

Wish I could've seen it earlier, because I did reput all objects in different object groups which caused them to all disappear. </3 Thank you, though, I'll keep it in mind!
And thank you so much!

And thank you Vortex, it solved the issue. <3

This can be locked now.~
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 03:30:44 pm by HelloKitez4Ever »
In-game - Orchee