Author Topic: Map Failing to Export/Crashing  (Read 3178 times)

Offline JordyWild

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Map Failing to Export/Crashing
« on: May 20, 2020, 10:03:36 pm »
Hello everyone! Im gonna get right to the point here, so im trying to export my map right? I try and fail, I have tried about 6-7 times now? And it continues to crash, with errors stating that it cant find meshes of objects that aren't even in the map in the first place, one of which I never downloaded an object similiar to the mesh it cannot find...

So...It is a fairly large map with all kinds of objects and meshes and such using 2 masks and 1 height map, I had no issues creating the map, this is the only issue i've had really that i seem to not be able to fix on my own, the map is 20000 in width and 1000 in height with a forest, plains, abandoned town, savannah areas with an elephant graveyard in the mix as well..
I can understand why a map like this would be kinda taxing on the game so honestly im not too surprised that im having issues...

Anyway, I timed how long it took for it to crash from the moment I clicked Ok to export it, it took around 1:37.67 and the errors started to pop up around 10 seconds in, both errors taking 5 seconds to pop up, give or take... Any help would be appreciated!!

Offline BloodWinsAll

• G o d
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Feels like I'm going insane
    • Firesong-stormi
    • Firesong
    • View Profile
Re: Map Failing to Export/Crashing
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 10:32:15 pm »
Have you checked in your particles folder for files that end in _0 or _1? I had this problem when exporting a map and had to delete these files that popped up after attempting to export the first time.

Offline JordyWild

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 11:07:25 pm »
Just checked it, and I didn't see any thing with those numbers in the folder, unless theres another particles folder I dont know about

SpicyDirt

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 12:14:19 am »
Hello! You say that some of the meshing popping up aren't in the map, but are they in the same group as any of your objects? Generally if they are custom objects they sometimes are put into a "pre-group" so if you have any objects in the group that you didn't go through and put through the object maker also, then that could be messing with you.

If this is not a situation like above then there could be a chance that it is one object affecting many. Does the map still save alright or does it also crash when it saves? If it does not crash, then you can actually go into the main game of FH and bring one of your characters through it. If that continuously crashes your game or you see missing objects then it is most likely just that one object affecting many.

Offline JordyWild

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 12:44:54 am »
Uhm....I dont believe so, the mesh file in particular is BasicPlane.mesh, I have never downloaded a 'Plane' mesh and if there is one in my object groups I have no idea where it is so I can remove it from that object group. I have no problems saving the map and/or loading it I can enter the map without any issues, not even lag which is rather surprising tbh XDD

SpicyDirt

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 12:54:45 am »
When you go into your objects file do you see anything that says that?

Offline JordyWild

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 01:06:01 am »
Nope, all that comes up are the default basics like, cone, sphere..etc, shown here

Offline JordyWild

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 06:12:35 pm »
Small update, its the next day now, obviously, and I just went through a very tedious moment where I went into object maker and looked at all my objects/meshes to try and find BasicPlane.mesh to no avail...I couldn't find it, I just attempted to export the map again to only once again repeat its previous actions :(

Hope you guys can help me out more, I put alot of work into this map ;-;

Edit: Just found something out! So i was thinking that BasicPlane.mesh was a default mesh that I may have accidentally deleted who knows how long ago, so I went here onto the forums to download the default Objects subfolder to see if it was actually what I thought, so I downloaded it into a separate area on my computer (not in the FH Directory) and tried to search for it, and it wasn't there! So this isn't a default thing I should already have...

Pics for proof.

this snip shows that it isn't in the FH Directory, hence the blue circle :P

« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 06:49:06 pm by JordyWild »

Offline BloodWinsAll

• G o d
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Feels like I'm going insane
    • Firesong-stormi
    • Firesong
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2020, 09:59:51 pm »
Have you tried searching the map folder in Terrains (your map) to see if the notepad has any object named BasicPlane? I'm currently searching through my own FH folder to see if I can find anything like it.

Okay EDIT: I have done some research and found out that Thierry has a BasicPlane.mesh in his large Ogre 1.17 pack. Did you download this pack at some point or use the meshes in your map?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 10:09:28 pm by .BloodWinsAll. »

Offline JordyWild

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2020, 11:12:57 pm »
Just checked my map's terrains folder and saw nothing of the sorts unfortunately and no, I dont even know what that pack is :( I mean, a lot of my objects are converted...but I checked all the objects that I used in my map and they didn't have BasicPlane as their mesh