Author Topic: Mesh problems. Feralheart cannot "find" the files.  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Dark Greyodon

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I'm a ghost robot with rocket feet
    • View Profile
Mesh problems. Feralheart cannot "find" the files.
« on: April 05, 2012, 12:53:33 am »
Feralheart can never "find" (it always sends me the same message: "Mesh" cannot be found!") my meshes, despite the fact that I am always sure to spell everything exactly right.
I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

What I usually do is I use WinRAR to extract the material and mesh (and PNG images and textures, if they're there) into the my_objects file.
Is this why things are not working?

I have only had one mesh that worked with both mesh and material. There were two others in which the mesh worked, but the material did not, and was either completely white or black and yellow.

Someone, PLEASE help me.
I would seriously appreciate specific step-through-step advice (please, nothing like "just unpack the files into my_objects and you're done", I appreciate the help but it's not specific enough) from someone experienced with using meshes. Thank you. :D

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Mesh problems. Feralheart cannot "find" the files.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 01:04:32 am »
Since you know how to download it, I'm going to be a bit less specific.

1. Unzip the file.
2. Put all files inside into my_objects unless it is a png image. Place the png images into feralheart>media>textures (some computers don't need to separate them, others do.)
3. Restart FH.
4. Open Object maker.
5. Go into Mesh tab.
6. Put what the file name was (you may need to look at the original folder to see what the person named it!) and add .mesh after it.

This is what that looks like for one of the default objects. Again, just make sure that you have caps, underscores, etc. where the mesh maker put them. Hope this helps some.

Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline .::Silver::.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I think I watched too much SD...
    • View Profile
Re: Mesh problems. Feralheart cannot "find" the files.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 02:03:44 am »
Just to add to Crin, if you have done that and it still doesn't work just make sure you're typing the name of the file in correct