Author Topic: "BaseWhite" Issues on uploading objects  (Read 1128 times)

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • ❤️ Plz Nuzzle me! I'm super Cuddly ❤️
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
"BaseWhite" Issues on uploading objects
« on: June 06, 2018, 12:01:31 am »
HI! I been touring maps lately and i asked around what objects they used and i got the objects they told me about. The problem is, there is an issue uploading them into the game. and thats when the file doesn't recognize the material file... it comes out as "BaseWhite"

This goes for the people who own/made " Romie's Free Meshes Coll. #1 " ((Jkillaz))

I Attempted to change the filetypes as PNGs but it refuses to work still.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 12:26:49 am by SenseiRei »

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
Re: "BaseWhite" Issues on uploading objects
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 12:09:22 am »
Try this!

[...]so your problem is that when you try to load an object your texture won't show up? Everything should go to media > objects > my_objects. You need to restart the game in order to see it. I was loading objects yesterday and I found my objects with white bases, so the only thing I did is restart the game. Also, just look around and see if there is a file with .object next to it, because this might be the reason why they're white. If there is, place it in the objects folder where all the other .object files are. :)

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • ❤️ Plz Nuzzle me! I'm super Cuddly ❤️
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 12:20:28 am »
Try this!

[...]so your problem is that when you try to load an object your texture won't show up? Everything should go to media > objects > my_objects. You need to restart the game in order to see it. I was loading objects yesterday and I found my objects with white bases, so the only thing I did is restart the game. Also, just look around and see if there is a file with .object next to it, because this might be the reason why they're white. If there is, place it in the objects folder where all the other .object files are. :)

read that and i already checked that the ".object" files were outside of the "My_Objects" folder... its definitely not that... And i restart my game every time i load in each object.
 (Second one of them didn't have an .obj file with them... so)

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 05:06:12 pm »
1. Unzip the file.
2. Put all files inside into my_objects unless it is a png image. Place the png images into feralheart>media>textures (some computers don't need to separate them, others do.)
3. Restart FH.
4. Open Object maker.
5. Go into Mesh tab.
6. Put what the file name was (you may need to look at the original folder to see what the person named it!) and add .mesh after it.

did you put the .material files in the my_objects folder? I usualy put my .material stuff in there, and in the material folder just incase.

Everything will show up white if there is no .material file X3.[/color]

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011