Author Topic: Most common uncommon "felines"  (Read 8331 times)

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Most common uncommon "felines"
« on: December 08, 2012, 06:28:52 am »
Two days of study went into this. The goal was to create a list of numbers of animals made on the feline models that you don't see every day. The rules were as follows #1: I have to had seen or talked to someone who had one of the chars #2: Only breeds you don't see every day. (Lions were a species banned from the list as were the generic warriors cat. Specified cat beeds made it on however)#3: Testing was conducted on bonfire. So any way what were the results

Number 1- cougars with 12
2nd- Bears with 9
3rd- Cheetahs with 6
4th-  Leopards with 5
5th- a tie between lynxes and tigers with 4
6th- A tie between pair of thylacine made with the feline model with 2
7th- Snowleopard, jaguar, bobcat, siamese, turkish van, khajiit and a "sky cat" all with 1

If you feel the need to say something go ahead. I figured this list may be of intrest to some people so here it is (if im not to lazy i may add a poll based on my results)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 05:41:28 am by jay warfang »

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Most common uncommon "felines"
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 06:41:44 am »
I would personally use the Thylacine as a canine model, because it more resembles a dog. I WOULD go on a Thylacine, if my main character were not Diz.

art by dearhunters on da

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 07:52:17 pm »
I agree with Sly. A thylacine is more appropriate for the canine model simply because it looks like a canine, even if it really isn't one.

But this is a cool little study you're doing. Maybe it will help convince people to be more creative when creating their characters, instead of just making eighty-billion more wolves and warrior cats.

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 02:20:30 am »
Thanks for your input guys. The point of this was to show people just how much they could do with the models. And hopefully motivate people to think a little about what they want to do rather then just make a lion.

I would also like to add that when i was makeing this list a friend told me he had seen a doberman made on the feline model. As they could not prove this and it seemed kinda outlandish it was not added to the list. If any thing I am trying to say Thylacine charecters  made on a feline model are by no means the things that most should be on the other model.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 05:34:35 am »
I have made a few uncommon feline species characters before. I once made a margay character... a margay is a small South American jungle cat that looks like a miniature jaguar. I also made a jaguarundi, which is another small South American cat except it is brown and looks like a monkey. I currently have a bobcat in my character vault.
Inactive

Offline Hibiscus

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 05:55:21 pm »
I'm not completely sure as to whether my character is uncommon. She is a jaguar X cheetah hybrid. I've also made a Marbled Cat, a very small big cat, that lives in parts of India as well as Southeast Asia. But that's all.

I have a million fandoms. :3

Offline Celeyan

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
  • ?? f?????? ?????'? ??f?? ??
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 07:14:11 pm »
Ive played on my hellion character, a felid dragon..but I saw no other hellions. xD

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 08:20:19 pm »
I have an African Serval character. I can count the number of those I've seen in Feral Heart for my entire time here on one hand. o.o;

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 05:47:42 am »
I have an oceanic lioness and my fursona is a desert lioness. I'm not sure that biome-variants count. xD

My Kaynen is a panthress, I didn't see that listed up there.

wolfdog01

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 06:28:52 am »
I don't know if a feline demon couts or what lol, but otherwise very neat, I would never had taken the time to do this because. I. am. so. lazy.