Author Topic: "i on tis charracther"  (Read 2368 times)

Offline Takawolfplayer

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • ... With the unrealistic wolf OC.
    • View Profile
"i on tis charracther"
« on: April 28, 2013, 04:07:09 pm »
  I assume there are not a lot of topics on this, so I am going to just strike at it.

Ever in South Pole/Bonfire/et cetera and see people fighting over each other's characters? For example, someone is walking around with a MLP character or Pokemon character and they run into somebody with the same species/name/markings, then they flip out and spam the chat with "I MADE THIS CHARACTER FIRST U HAVE TO CHANGE YOURS". I used to do that when I was young and nooby, but now I've seen both sides and realized how aggravating it is.
   It's actually quite entertaining to watch someone fight over a character that is made by neither person. I mean, I walk around with a Skrillex character sometimes, and I know that I do not own him. He is a person, which I didn't create.

Do you have any of this you want to share?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 04:09:57 pm by TakaWolfPlayer »

real wishes granted: http://www.real-wishes.com

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
Re: "i on tis charracther"
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 05:10:05 pm »
Yeahh, this happened to my friend once. I don't know why people are so close-minded about these things. They have to realize they aren't the only one with that look. xD

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 08:56:10 pm »
Aye, I've seen this before... Particular when multiples of Slender Man, Smile Dog, and the oh so pop-lee-arr Jeff the Killer shows up, often in the same map. (Disregard my bitterness toward those, I greatly dislike horror-ish things. xD Except maybe Slendy.)

The way I see it, unless it's a creation of your own, there's really no need to approach someone about their character... It's still fantasy in most cases, so why not just imagine that you've run into some inter-dimensional version of that character? Have fun with it, nu? Or, just ignore them, if ya want. Attacking them because they like the exact same thing you do is a little illogical, and really just ruins the fun for everyone.
Goofballs~
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 09:23:17 pm »
Ive seen this multiple times, usually if someone justs comes up to you and claims that you took there characters look, the best option to do is to just ignore them and or block them.

Also, it's not really claiming. You know how many people I've seen with the skeleton wolf face runing around. I they however have the same creative name and or a preset that looks like yours. Then you may claim a copyright claim on there character and staff will do something about it. Stealing people characters is a crime, but to a degree. Like if I have a jaguar with glasses and a silver cross, and I have a preset on him, and I see another user with the exact same thing and a username called Feareh, then you can always tell staff.

But if kids just go around saying this kind of stuff then I do just suggest blocking them and or ignoring them if they are just becoming to arigant.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 12:24:19 am »
I see this happen very few times... but I've seen it happen. It mostly happens when people are roleplaying as popular characters from popular media; MLP, Creepypasta, Hetalia, Homestuck, Minecraft, Lion King, ect. I have a few fan-based characters from animes I used to watch a long time ago. I have a few characters from the old Yu-Gi-Oh series. So far, no one has come up to me and told me to change my character... probably because Yu-Gi-Oh is "too old and out of fashion" or "not popular". I don't know.
I have to admit, it can be entertaining to watch players bicker over playing the same character that they DIDN'T even create originally. If they bother you, the best thing you can do is ignore them or block them.
Inactive

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 02:57:36 am »
Personally I dislike it when I see someone looking exactly the same as one of my characters, but I don't go up to them and tell them to change it. But, however, if someone would look like me and claim it to be me, that I wouldn't tolerate.

I have never actually seen people fight over it, but I have seen two TLK Nala's standing side-by-side and didn't really know the other Nala was there. o_O But I think it was pretty funny, only because everyone was confused about which Nala was the "real" Nala.
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 04:47:10 am »
I love it so much when any player tries to claim a famous character that they didn't invent XD I particularly love the TLK people in Bonfire, with their "Official" this, and "I'm the real one" that. I sometimes bring my old Simba character along there just to see what will happen, but if anyone tries to argue that they're real and I'm not, I always say:
"The real Simba exists only as an animation. Nobody on FH is the real one, we all just happen to like RPing as him."
Of course, the type of people who start such arguments generally aren't in the mood to listen to reason, so they either walk away because the words I used were too big for them, or keep insisting that I change my character.
It's not so fun when someone clones a character of yours that you spent ages designing, though. But for pre-existing characters from games, books, TV or movies I find the whole situation hilarious.

Offline Takawolfplayer

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • ... With the unrealistic wolf OC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 08:59:28 pm »
 Haha, I remember those TLK fanatics... And of course, when they get out of hand I just block 'em.
But, most of the time I just watch because I'm one of those people who likes to sit and look at things. Entertaining things, that is. Especially the continuos godmodding, powerplaying, and auto-hits you see people use while fighting over something that was created before 8-yr-olds were even born, not that any are adults.
   But, of course, if they rip your preset or character off and say that YOU stole it, then, well, that is a different situation. But, all in all, both problems would cause absolute disruption and havoc among players who shouldn't be in the quarrel.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 09:05:34 pm by TakaWolfPlayer »

real wishes granted: http://www.real-wishes.com