Author Topic: ~Sigh~ R.I.P Maps? O_O  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Murrphilia

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • Murrocity
    • View Profile
~Sigh~ R.I.P Maps? O_O
« on: July 16, 2013, 09:33:14 pm »
Okay; I know the maps aren't being deleted or anything like that and it is just an issue that the staff are doing their best to fix; though I am a little worried. I am almost certain that the maps not working is do to coding being messed up. Its just like with items or markings: If you don't have the items/markings/maps coded correctly they won't work when you go in game. So if the maps aren't coded correctly it will cause us not to be able to load them.

Someone please tell me if i'm at least a little correct or if I am completely wrong :) I am just trying to help and trying to keep the community a bit more updated by starting topics about things that I am sure others are wondering as well...

I do hope that whatever is going on all with resolved soon though; I miss everyone very much.

~Gircutie

Offline Tension

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • \ m /
    • View Profile
    • ART
Re: ~Sigh~ R.I.P Maps? O_O
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 07:37:57 am »
i'm sure it's not related to the coding itself, as the errors that people receive when attempting to enter maps (i.e. "cannot connect to front server", "bad token", etc.) are entirely related to the connection between the server and the user, and are quite separate from the coding of the map itself.

the only reason for these errors - as far as i know - is that the server's hard drives are giving out and aren't able to support connections for whatever reasons. i'm sure in due time this will be fixed, as feral heart doesn't have a warehouse full of servers like facebook does, so we will have to put our faith in the ones we do have. lol.

? UN: TENSION ?

Offline Murrphilia

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • Murrocity
    • View Profile
Re: ~Sigh~ R.I.P Maps? O_O
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 05:21:37 pm »
Good point my fellow floof - and yes; faith is all we can give to our hard drives, servers, and staff. We could also give support as well. I really don't care what the problem is; I am just glad that we have such a great staff who does their best to fix the problems; and I am glad that even though we having are so many problems - Feral heart has yet to fail on us. :)