Author Topic: Your relationship with RPing on FH  (Read 1257 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Your relationship with RPing on FH
« on: August 08, 2014, 02:10:22 pm »
The question is did you know how to roleplay before you joined Feral Heart? If yes did you join it with the intention of roleplaying? Where did you originally roleplay before Feral Heart?

Or did you learn how to roleplay once you joined? Did you know what roleplaying was? How was your first experience and what or who did you roleplay as?

How much have your roleplaying skills changed or improved since you first start?

How often do you roleplay now if ever?

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: Your relationship with RPing on FH
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 02:29:58 pm »
I knew nothing about roleplay when I joined.

I didn't even know the word.

I'm not sure how I learned to roleplay/from who, I don't remember being a terrible roleplayer or anything... I have a feeling I just listened to the Lion King roleplayers and then joined in and slowly learned or something. And then once I made friends my roleplaying got better.

I played Feralheart just with the intention of playing an animal game.

They've improved greatly, especially now when I started roleplaying on the forum with more than a paragraph. Plus, I roleplay on Facebook, and even though they're only posts like *Walks around* and small posts like that the roleplay is fun and it's taught me sometimes the dos and don't of roleplay.

On Feralheart in the game itself, I hardly roleplay and when I do I don't especially enjoy it. Of course, when with friends who roleplay the same as me, I will go for a short roleplay, or in groups I've been in for a while, they're fun to roleplay with, but when some random person wants to roleplay I hate it. I don't go and roleplay with TLK RPers anymore, actually, I think TLK RP on Feralheart has kinda stopped and died down now, since I like the stalk Bonfire and I never see them roleplay.... well, getting offtopic here and rambling... xD

But yeah, I wonder who taught me what the word roleplay meant and all of the terms surrounding it (Semi-lit, literate, etc). I don't remember a thing.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 02:36:43 pm »
I'm not going to lie here, I actually didn't know what roleplaying was when I first joined, but then I got involved with groups and other members guided me through the roleplaying process and I eventually got the hang of it and really enjoyed it. However, ever since I got involved with the forums and other areas of FeralHeart, I lost a lot of interest in roleplaying. I do tend to join a few roleplays here and there, but I do tend to get bored of the same old plot xD

Very interesting topic here~

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

wolfdog01

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 04:15:43 pm »
I had heard of roleplaying and learned how to do very little on WQ, since the word block kept getting worse... >3> Then I joined FH and I instantly got hooked on it. I think my first RP was with a char named Kinshi and with my IRL friend's char Ice, it was about a few weeks and then ended and we loved it. Though now I feel as though we have taken RPing too far to where one of us has to say that there is nothing left to do and we have to tiredly end it. And then start another one with the chars in different forms but practically the same plot. :I But FH has improved my RPing skills to a whole new level, I used to RP like this:
-sits on rock, stares at clouds- I wish this day would never end.

Now it's like:
The tiredly content wolf laid herself upon the rock and moved her gaze to the sky, a sigh seeped through her nose as the breeze rustled her fur and she closed her eyes. It was quiet and calm, just how she liked it. "I wish this day would never end." She gave a small chuckle to herself before laying her head down and drifting off to sleep.

So I mean....yeah, FH has DEFINATELY impacted my RPing skills and made them soo much better! ^^

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 07:12:42 pm »
I knew about roleplaying long before I ever joined Feral Heart. This is going to sound silly, but I originally learned to roleplay on Neopets. I watched other people on the forums when I was around 13 or so. I asked some questions, but picked up how it worked fairly quickly. My first actual posts were in small paragraphs, I never used action marks in serious roleplay. From Neopets I joined a few roleplay forums and a game called Furcadia where my knowledge and skill for roleplaying grew. I was able to do multiple paragraphs by now and quite enjoyed it.

Originally I joined FH because it looked like a cool game, and I hoped roleplayers would be on it. Imagine my surprise when I was launched into Bonfire, thought it was the only area and was very saddened to find very little paragraph roleplaying going on there. I was kind of bummed out a little honestly, even after I found out about the other maps I still had trouble finding nice, paragraph roleplayers and felt fairly discouraged. When I did find paragraph roleplayers I was hooked. And here I am.

How much have my skills changed since joining FH? Er- honestly aside from figuring out how odd some wolf-speak words were and letting me be more creative; not too much. I've become more creative I suppose, but yeah I was a fairly advanced roleplayer before I joined so. If anything it's made me realize how much fun roleplaying is though.

I roleplay daily now if I can help it.