Author Topic: "What's a fursona?"  (Read 2820 times)

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
Re: "What's a fursona?"
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 09:09:15 pm »
"Fursona
Web definitions

An animal character used to represent oneself online or in furry role-playing
    http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fursona"

`Nuff said.

Offline Berrymutt

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Huge Critical Role nerd
    • Berrymutt
    • berrymuttbb
    • Berrymutt
    • NickBerrymutt
    • View Profile
Re: "What's a fursona?"
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 06:17:01 pm »
To me A Fursona is an:
''Original Animal Character created by you that either Represents you, Or Looks like you''.
I get kinda sick and tired of seeing A ''Fursona'' As a two legged Furry who is you in your animal form. That I guess is still right but still not. If you know what a ''Persona'' Is it's A ''Original Human character that Represents you or Looks like you.'' JUST like a Fursona but not an Animal but A Human. You don't see anyone drawing themselves and calling them their ''Persona'' do you? So why do it with Animals?

For example my Fursona BlackBerry (Kreptis who takes the form of a Lynx) has my stubbornness oh yes he does. He talks alot like me he slurrs alot and is very lazy (JUST like me Lol). His mane kinda looks like my hair at the moment (Very silky and long) And he usually wears A Silver Cross Necklace (I usually like those fine silky Cross Necklaces). His marking colors are my favorite colors (Shades of Blue, Green, Purple, and In between those colors). We are both Semi Young Adults. And yet we are not the same person. I am not BlackBerry and BlackBerry is not me. BlackBerry is my highly detailed character that I made with my own time and he represents me alot. Yet he is not me. Now the same can be with Furry characters. You are not your own detailed Furry Character and your Furry Character is not you. But yet you both are close and made your Character based off your own Characteristics/Looks.
The people who see themselves as their character are usually the ones who think themselves as animals and they usually don't have A ''Fursona'' but just themselves as an Animal. Which is 100% completely fine you do what you want <3, But Saying you have A Fursona and it's just you as an Animal is kinda unlikely? Hmm unless my point of view of a ''Fursona'' is complete different than other people's.
That is just my way of thinking of a Fursona. Same with the Persona. Just drawing yourself and calling it your ''Persona'' is not right in my way, That's just art of yourself. Drawing art of yourself as if your an animal and calling it your ''Fursona'' I guess it could be both right and wrong. I just think of a Persona being A Human Character you draw that might look like you a bit (Maybe the height?, hair color?, eye color?, same style of clothing you wear?) and might be a bit older/younger than you and might not even be a human and calling it your ''Persona'' is correct. So it should be the same as A Fursona instead A Fursona is an animal character created by ''YOU''.

Avatar made by Ziboe. Signature Made By DOG-BOWL On DeviantArt.
Discord: Berrymutt#0225
Twitch: Berrymutt
Download My Presets