Author Topic: "WolfSpeak" Opinions?  (Read 3561 times)

Offline Kovu-The-Lion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Check out my Youtube! FloofehPaws Productions
    • View Profile
    • My Little Corner x3
"WolfSpeak" Opinions?
« on: August 18, 2014, 04:40:11 am »
WolfSpeak Opinions
Theres this "New" nickname going around on Feralheart known as Wolfspeak may have been here for more than a few months or so, but of course we All have our opinions on it and I want to be able to hear them because I want to know what YOU think about about this "Wolfspeak" For those of you who donot know what Wolfspeak is, is that its basically a more realistic way of speaking about your character such as using large terms and such. I donnot use wolfspeak so Im not excactly sure how to give an example xD For those of you who use Wolfspeak I want to hear what you think as well,
------
My Personal Experience
Every Pride or Pack im in theres always this one wolfspeaker that uses them like crazy, sometimes even repeating them or using similar and even LARGER words than before and People like me only understand basic words and try to figure out them so we don't offend the person in anyway or have to pull out google dictionary. Does anybody else have this problem as well?
Or sometimes when They are asked for RP samples they use Wolfspeak like crazy to seem more Mature?
Idk, What do you think?

Find me in the Game as: Kovu The Lion
DA: SimbaKovu.deviantart.com
Youtube: Floofehpaws Productions

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
Re: "WolfSpeak" Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 04:48:07 am »
Honestly I believe Wolfspeak has been around for a long while, but I am not very fond of it. In my opinion too many people use it, and think that qualifies in most role-plays, but in the role-plays I am in I do not appreciate people using it.

1} It does not make sense to me.
2} It is fairly irritating.
3} You should think maybe others might not know what you are talking about.
4} People need to be considerate of the other members in the game when they use it.
5} People who use it need to be kinder to the other members in this game if they think they are high and mighty enough to use a language others might not understand. (Most wolfspeakers I have bumped into were jerks to me.)

So I am not a big fan of this form of role-playing.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 04:54:33 am »
-Loudly clears throat as I unroll a large list of my opinions on wolfspeak-
Wolfspeak, to me, is very unrealistic and illiterate - considering that they probably have never heard the word "pillar" or "banner" in their life (to no offense, I apologize). A pillar holds up a building, legs hold up an animal. Not the other way around. To me, if a person uses wolfspeak, they have no clue about what they're doing. They could look over a thesaurus instead, there are plenty of synonyms in there, which is what it's for!
I never even tried wolfspeak, which tells you how much I loathe it; I think that it shouldn't ever have existed! I don't say that about a lot of things, either!
To the wolfspeakers out there, can you not? Please. You don't sound very intellectual or have a basic knowing of words - please stop.
I'm sorry, but I'm seething and about to spill over with my rage of wolfspeak. "Why?" is another question. Why do they use this? I've heard it's to make them sound smarter, but  make them sound- for lack of better words - stupid.
That's all I have to say before I officially make someone mad.
-Wolfie

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 04:59:11 am »
I think Wolfspeak is quite a bit older than a few months. o3o

I haven't run into many Wolfspeakers, but it does annoy me with the few that do. The terms make no sense, it's completely unnecessary, and many members have no idea what you're saying. They think it makes them look more intelligent because "ooh look im using fancy terms" but it's just... annoying.

But erm yeah, I don't like Wolfspeak and I think people should stop using it, or even just stop having every single other word being wolfspeak. You can use the word "Fae" or "Pillars" once in a while, but most people just use it too much.

I can't really say too much since I don't run into it as often as others (I'm not too interested in roleplay anymore :P) but by what I've heard I've kinda formed an opinion.

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 05:02:53 am »
Preach it Wolfie! Go hun go!

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Kovu-The-Lion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Check out my Youtube! FloofehPaws Productions
    • View Profile
    • My Little Corner x3
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 05:06:13 am »
Seems fair enough in what you guys are saying, you seem to have the same opinions as Me, Especially how Vixen has pulled up some of the things I despise about people using Wolfspeak, alot of people who Do use Wolfspeak often pretend to be high and mighty, and that they are super realistic and a little too "Good" for anyone else but their own kind-Or at least what they think is their own. Also like how Devynex said about the Intelligence is higher than others, Most of the wolfspeakers I've met are quite rude or often want their rp straight up front/No distractions.
--
Im aware the term Wolfspeak has been there for longer than a few months xD thats what I put, but I heard about it maybe about 6-7 months ago.

Find me in the Game as: Kovu The Lion
DA: SimbaKovu.deviantart.com
Youtube: Floofehpaws Productions

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 12:49:37 pm »
Actually, I do not find wolfspeak irritating, at least not yet. In fact, I'm in a splendid WC RP and there is a person who wolfspeaks, like 'cranium' and whatnot. He(orithinkitisahe) is really nice, I'm sure if I spoke his username alot of people would know who I was talking about. So currently I don't mind wolfspeak, then again im not in many RPs so that may change one day.

signature by g0thic_vibes1

Offline Boomi

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • ~My Blog~
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 01:11:13 pm »
So wolfspeak is like making a story while roleplaying?
Like: -He took his sword out as he thought about past memories-
And stuff like that...
Well, I have nothing against it, but honestly, making ''Stories'' is better in Roleplay FORUMS than games...
But that is just MY opinion, and opinions are not facts ^^
~A Chicken With Big Toes~

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 01:14:01 pm »
I do not find WolfSpeak irritating; But strangely amusing. Why do people love to use 'large' words in their roleplay posts? They want to look 'literate'? Smart? I don't understand it. But I'll find myself giggling behind my computer screen whenever they use certain words. "Fae" being one of them; Let's take a break to define 'fae'. It's a noun, and has two different meanings, the first one being another term for a fairy. The second one being this:

Quote from: The Free Dictionary
FAE - a device consisting of a container of fuel and two explosive charges; the first charge bursts open the fuel container at a predetermined height and spreads the fuel in a cloud that mixes with atmospheric oxygen; the second charge detonates the cloud which creates an enormous blast wave and incinerates whatever is below

In other words, an explosive. I can't even begin to describe how much I've laughed whenever a wolf speaker uses the word 'fae' as female. "The beautiful fae lowered her banner." I can't even asdfghjklqwer xD There was another thread discussing wolf speak. Someone made this:

It's so bootiful xD

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 01:25:26 pm »
So wolfspeak is like making a story while roleplaying?
Like: -He took his sword out as he thought about past memories-
And stuff like that...
Well, I have nothing against it, but honestly, making ''Stories'' is better in Roleplay FORUMS than games...
But that is just MY opinion, and opinions are not facts ^^

No, it's not them making "stories". It's them using bigger words for simple objects, which is one reason I - personally - loathe it. It'd be users using words, like how Stargazer pointed out, such as "pillars" for legs, "talons" for claws (the only place "talons" needs to be is with birds of prey and dragons), etc.
So, it's not like your example of using an actual sword, but it's more like:
"The fae used her pillers to move her carcass away the abyss, her orbics heavily shining into the lunar area."
It just doesn't make sense and makes them sound, well, not smart. If they tried to write a book, that book would not be able to be published, atleast not properly, as too many words are being misused.
-Wolfie