Author Topic: "WolfSpeak" Opinions?  (Read 3563 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: "WolfSpeak" Opinions?
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 02:19:55 pm »
In other words, an explosive. I can't even begin to describe how much I've laughed whenever a wolf speaker uses the word 'fae' as female. "The beautiful fae lowered her banner." I can't even asdfghjklqwer xD There was another thread discussing wolf speak. Someone made this:

It's so bootiful xD
I forgot about this picture, this needs to be shown to all Wolfspeakers xD
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:25:27 pm by Devynex »

Offline Honest~Faith

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I'm baaack!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 02:55:35 pm »
Honestly, this will be embarrassing but I did tend to use wolfspeak before. I used big words instead of using normal words but I didn't tend to use the word 'cranium' for some reason. I didn't realize what wolfspeak was when I was using it so I thought I wasn't the odd one out, I wasn't. A lot of people tend to use wolfspeak a lot, especially in Bonfire. I don't find wolfspeak irritating or annoying because maybe people like to use big words? In my opinion, when someone speaks about a person that uses wolfspeak behind their back, it is rude. It will hurt people's feelings a lot when you say something hurtful to them that includes wolfspeak. People aren't the same and they have different styles. You shouldn't really say ' You're so irritating. I hate people that use wolfspeak.' Everyone is different and they are way different then you.
Now, words that are big, like 'Fae, cranium, abyss, orbics' don't really have the meaning the people think that the meaning is correct. There are a lot of meanings and some big words and known to be eyes and stuff like that, even though the meaning is completely different.

In-game username: Honest~Faith

Offline Kovu-The-Lion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Check out my Youtube! FloofehPaws Productions
    • View Profile
    • My Little Corner x3
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 04:38:14 pm »
~StarGazer~ That picture and Definition just made my Day.
------------
To the comment above: This thread wasn't to be talking about how much we hate wolfspeakers but to maybe change their ways a little bit since not many people understand what they are saying, not only that but most of the stuff they talk about isn't even correct definition on the dictionary as ~StarGazer~ Represented us. I wanted to see if anybody else thought some should change their ways a little bit not ever to be rude. Yes, there are some people like that but you also must remember that the game also has children and the lowest age I found was: "5" and he can speak well and quick, but cannot understand large words within RPs. That is why I also made this discussion avaliable.
Though RPS do allow some wolfspeak, or don't care at all then many should be aware of that so when they use it, its blanky obvious they wont dent their style abit for us to understand.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:44:06 pm by KovuIsLion »

Find me in the Game as: Kovu The Lion
DA: SimbaKovu.deviantart.com
Youtube: Floofehpaws Productions

Offline xdialgaoftimex

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Bonnie will reign supreme above them all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 06:13:51 pm »
I do not find WolfSpeak irritating; But strangely amusing. Why do people love to use 'large' words in their roleplay posts? They want to look 'literate'? Smart? I don't understand it. But I'll find myself giggling behind my computer screen whenever they use certain words. "Fae" being one of them; Let's take a break to define 'fae'. It's a noun, and has two different meanings, the first one being another term for a fairy. The second one being this:

Quote from: The Free Dictionary
FAE - a device consisting of a container of fuel and two explosive charges; the first charge bursts open the fuel container at a predetermined height and spreads the fuel in a cloud that mixes with atmospheric oxygen; the second charge detonates the cloud which creates an enormous blast wave and incinerates whatever is below

In other words, an explosive. I can't even begin to describe how much I've laughed whenever a wolf speaker uses the word 'fae' as female. "The beautiful fae lowered her banner." I can't even asdfghjklqwer xD There was another thread discussing wolf speak. Someone made this:

It's so bootiful xD
Haha, that picture is bootiful!
Personally, I don't like WolfSpeak. I find it very confusing, and it's, well, -cough-stupid-cough-. Oh sorry about that. I am not hating on the people themselves, just the "language". Your just trying to make you self sound smart by using big words, but they have no connection with the actual word your replacing. Instead of using WolfSpeak, just use adjectives to describe that body part.

I.e: The great lion stood upon the edge of the lake. Twisting his large radar-like ears left and right, he listened for the sound of someone coming. He stood tall, his legs like pillars holding up his massive body. He slowly lowered his neck, and lapped the water with his tongue.

Compared to: The great lion stood upon the edge of the lake. Twisting his large radars left and right, he listened for the sound of someone coming. He stood tall, his pillars holding up his massive body. He slowly lowered his boa, and lapped the water with his tongue.

Which one sounds better? The first one I bet. I used the WolfSpeak terms to describe the body part.
You can call me Silver or Moon.
In-Game: xdialgaoftimex