Author Topic: Your Opinions on the Centers?  (Read 2141 times)

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
Re: Your Opinions on the Centers?
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 04:44:26 pm »

Mate and/or Adoption Centers can get out of control sometimes and yeah they can be rather annoying, but I have to admit, some of them are actually pretty chill. My friend and I had actually created Mate and Adoption Centers and have been sitting out at popular places like the Cape Portal and Stone Bridge and I have to say the amount of hate or negativity we get from the FH community is kind of overwhelming..
Honestly I enjoy the idea of Mate and Adoption Centers and am happy that these guys want to help out the part of the community that like to find their characters mates or parents or pups/kits/cubs without taking the time to role play it out, and I praise them for wanting to donate their time into helping these people find that special someone or a new beloved parent or child to call their own.

in-game: hooli

Offline Yognaught

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • ??
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2015, 05:54:59 pm »

I love Mate Centers, most of them are pleasant enough and pretty easy to talk to. I actually am for them a lot! The only thing I don't tolerate is when they are breaking the rules, then obviously is a huge huge problem, e.g mating. But most centers are literally there so people can rp with one another, atleast that's how I see it.

Find me in-game as: mushyroom

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 06:19:25 pm »
As long as they're isn't any rule breaking then I'm ok with it. May be annoying but they don't really rustle my jimmies anymore.

Offline Adorableness

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • PB&J Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 12:06:28 am »
As said above, mate centers are just for finding a mate, not mating. Though, a few times I've seen actual mating centers pop up, but people seem to report and block them pretty quickly.

There was a thread about centers made recently so I'll just put up what I had said:

"I admit that when I first joined, I used to participate in Adoption Centers and Mate Centers quite often. I don't at all anymore, but I don't hate ACs and MCs. Both are a great way of meeting new people and new friends, and when I was new this helped me a lot to learn about the maps, how to use things, and learning how to roleplay. They also give people who are bored something to do. The only thing I don't like, as mentioned before, is how most are either very neon-colored and will spam the chat with caps.

But overall, I think ACs and MCs are a cute idea and are very helpful, especially to newer players. I don't see why people need to hate on them so much as long as they aren't spamming the chat and such."
Mating centers are super neon colored so you can notice them. Some people go to Bonfire Island to look for a mating center. Most Mating Centers are neon coloured. They'll be hard to find  if they blend in so much. Same reason goes for their ALL CAPS names and ALL CAPS chat. I've seen some pictures telling how some people see Mating Centers/Bonfire Island. It seems chaotic and weird in the pictures, but i've been to Bonfire plenty of times before, and it seems fine to me. So, to sum this all up in one short sentence... They want you to notice them.

Egg.avi

In-Game Name: Adorableness
Main FH Character: Cefen/Pastel Mint
Deviantart: http://pawstheprincesscat17.deviantart.com/

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVQhWg4pV1vtGcJZXsIsCCw

Offline TullileIsHere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • plonke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 03:55:04 pm »
I agree with this completely. My opinion on the "Centers" is that they shouldn't be there at all. Bonfire is a small map, and putting a lot of characters in the very center of it, where everyone else is, causes a ton of lag.