Poll

Have you seen a character that wasn't male/female before?

Yes.
41 (64.1%)
Maybe, I don't remember.
3 (4.7%)
Probably.
3 (4.7%)
Maybe not, I don't remember.
6 (9.4%)
No.
11 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: [Un]Popular Character Genders - Ingame  (Read 5235 times)

Offline Berrymutt

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Huge Critical Role nerd
    • Berrymutt
    • berrymuttbb
    • Berrymutt
    • NickBerrymutt
    • View Profile
Re: [Un]Popular Character Genders - Ingame
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2015, 02:06:28 am »
I've seen a few here and there and it really makes me happy seeing these types of characters! I have a few characters who aren't cis gendered like for example my Sona BlackBerry technically doesn't have a gender seeing as he is a shadow (Kreptis). But I use he/him pronouns for BlackBerry. My Character Lilium who is one of my oldest characters is just a character made out of creepy mist who doesn't have a gender so I usually call Lilium's pronouns either just It/It's instead of Them/They/They're. I also have a few other characters who are demi-boys and either uses the pronouns They/Them/They're or He/Him.

Avatar made by Ziboe. Signature Made By DOG-BOWL On DeviantArt.
Discord: Berrymutt#0225
Twitch: Berrymutt
Download My Presets

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2015, 02:21:10 am »
Not very many. Only in the depths of South Pole. (Trigender fox. I honestly had no clue of what that even was.) I'd imagine they stick there as that's where quite a few unrealistic roleplays are. It would be kind of odd to see someone trying to join a realistic roleplay (Like many found elsewhere.) with a genderless character.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 02:35:18 am »
As long as I have been around on this game I have never seen a character that was an odd gender type.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Neowulf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Somewhere, in an alternate universe...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2015, 11:30:23 am »
Hmm. I don't remember if I've seen any agendered characters, but if artificially intelligent computer viruses count as agendered even if they have a pronoun preference, then I've actually been one. :>

Trust me, you will only understand that if you've seen me hanging around in Bonfire. Other than that, probably not.

This post also reminds me of a fairly weird idea for three different genders that I had...
and the next thing i know is that i'm going to have made a character with a gender like that oops

Art gallery
[Find me in-game as Neowulf]

Offline TullileIsHere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • plonke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2015, 03:12:19 pm »
In my three years of having FeralHeart, the only character I remember seeing that wasn't cisgender (male or female) was genderfluid, but mainly used male pronouns. (He, him, his, and sometimes they/them.)

Like you have a Finni character on FH, I have a Grell character, who is transgender. I suppose that could count as what you're talking about.

But other than all of that, I've never seen any agenders, bigenders, other transgenders, etc. etc.

Offline Pawnce

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2015, 02:01:22 am »
I have seen a few genderless characters! They're kind of interesting to me, to be honest! They're something different from the typical run-of-the-mill character a lot of times.  :D So glad that people are beginning to create characters that demonstrate all sexualities, genders, etc. It makes it more diverse, & broadens everyone's experience!

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 12:48:09 am »
-flies into this post-

i have many, many genderqueer characters as when i make one of them i generally, as i agree with mewtwo's post previous to mine, relate to them more. being genderfluid between female & agender, gender equality is something that i'm not ashamed of, so i generally make more characters that are genderqueer. ovo"

edited this post like 9 times bc it sucks jdhskf
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 09:28:10 pm by Re. »

Offline Rangeranger333

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Have a lovely day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2015, 07:25:09 pm »
I don't think I have before. I suppose that sounds strange too me, but if people like it that's fine.
My signature is a work in progress!

I'm Rangeranger333 in game!

Offline Thornscars

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • don't you cry
    • flower-magic
    • flower magic
    • blossomserpent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 12:46:22 am »
Other than my own, Bone Empress, I can't remember. None Empress has no gender, she just goes by female pronouns.

signature by cordisawire

Offline Lavi

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • B I R D Q U E E N
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 07:26:52 am »
In my experiences I tend to see a higher percentage of characters with "unusual genders" within in-game roleplays and groups than I do the usual crowd who use the "name gender species" naming style. I might be a little biased as the only rp/group I am in is one of these, but I think non-realistic animal/creature roleplays especially tend to have more of these characters, possibly because complicated biology (especially in cases of having multiple reproductive systems or having no reproductive system) could make assigning a curtain sex or gender more difficult.

I do tend to use these "unpopular genders/sexualities" on my characters (I'm aromantic myself so I mainly rp as aromantic characters). It's really just a question of personal comfort for me.
rip