Author Topic: Your opinions on large groups?  (Read 3649 times)

Offline xmapleleafx

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Your opinions on large groups?
« on: October 03, 2015, 12:45:25 pm »
Recently ,I have came across a few large groups. Since the community is expanding, more people are looking for roleplays and groups.

Personally, what I try to avoid, are the big groups. I'm talking groups with 100+ members.
This is because I feel like I never fit in, and I find sometimes roleplays don't take place due to so much people and conversations are high. I don't blame people for this, but I prefer the smaller RP's.

What are your thoughts? Do you like Smaller groups or huge groups??
Insert a fancy signature here.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Your opinions on large groups?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 12:53:48 pm »
I personally do not like large groups too much.
There are both pro's and cons in having large roleplays.
I used to be in 1-2 rather large roleplays..

One pro is the fact that you always have someone to roleplay or talk to.

A con is that it gets too crowded. Both with players and posts in local or other chats.
One way we solved this was to roleplay with 3-5 people, in different parts of the map, in local/general (private map) and party chat.

But people are rarely online at the same time all at once. c:
RETIRED.

Offline GlaydrChyle

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Spotted Milkshakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 01:21:38 pm »
I personally do not take into consideration on how big a group is. However I could understand how difficult it would become for some, More shyer users. I rarely join role-plays because I fear not fitting in too. This is because, and I've noticed with the larger groups, many are focused on role-playing amongst each other (Kinda like 2 on 2) that it becomes hard to be involved.

:)

Offline Scornhound

• Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • 𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢
    • FiendOfVengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 04:24:21 pm »
I don't like large groups because the chat is spammed with too much group talk and sometimes I meet people that I haven't had good time with, and on top of that me being shy so... ;;
𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔟𝔶 𝔪𝔢

Offline GlaydrChyle

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Spotted Milkshakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 04:36:50 pm »
I don't like large groups because the chat is spammed with too much group talk and sometimes I meet people that I haven't had good time with, and on top of that me being shy so... ;;

I agree with you, sometimes it gets way to much to handle.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 05:14:51 pm »
I rarely join roleplays anymore, but if I were to roleplay at all I would probably just rp with maybe three or four other people at the most
Farewell everyone<3

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 06:41:02 pm »
roleplaying with a large group of people that you don't even know is too much of a hassle. it never ends well.

large groups do have an advantage, because you can rp with a large number of people, and that's fun. though large groups are not really ideal anymore in my opinion. new members could get left out, group leaders can get away with being bossy and rude, drama can happen at every inching moment there is an issue, there is often way too much rules and strict ranking (i hate that), and 90% of the members are barely online.

it'll be a good idea to join a rather small rp group. you get to know everyone pretty quickly and small issues can be resolved easier, and they don't turn into unnecessary drama.

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 08:02:32 pm »
I tend to like groups that are in between. I don't like too small where there aren't too many people to role-play with, but I also don't like too big to where it is overwhelming.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 08:04:50 am »
I prefer smaller groups, really. Like with just my own group of friends consisting of at least four or five other people, although nowadays I prefer just two or one person depending on the situation.

Sometimes a larger group really is too much to handle for me especially since I'd likely start to feel claustrophobic, left out, and ignored because I don't know how to fit in and I feel overwhelmed. I have a story of where nine people were in a Party with me and my friend. I almost wanted to quit just then because it was too much to handle, and someone was spamming and being a smartbooty. :x

I can't imagine how I'd be able to handle being in a 100+ group. Even if some/most are offline I dunno... If most of them are quiet and I know some of them, maybe I'd feel better?

Offline xmapleleafx

• Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 03:46:46 pm »
roleplaying with a large group of people that you don't even know is too much of a hassle. it never ends well.

large groups do have an advantage, because you can rp with a large number of people, and that's fun. though large groups are not really ideal anymore in my opinion. new members could get left out, group leaders can get away with being bossy and rude, drama can happen at every inching moment there is an issue, there is often way too much rules and strict ranking (i hate that), and 90% of the members are barely online.

it'll be a good idea to join a rather small rp group. you get to know everyone pretty quickly and small issues can be resolved easier, and they don't turn into unnecessary drama.

I totally agree with you Jenga, when you don't know anyone in a large group you can get left out but then again loads of your friends could be there and you would be having a great time. And drama is always around the corner - I feel a bit sorry for the large group owners who really try to keep their groups under control. As a owner of my own pride, it's so hard! I like quality groups not quantity groups.
Insert a fancy signature here.